Twin Spica, Volume: 03

Twin Spica, Volume: 03 (Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Asumi is going through her growing pains right now. She knew this new challenge would not be simple. Mentally and, even with her petite frame, physcially she was prepared for almost anything the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) could throw at her. Emotionally, however, she was light-years away from being able to even take more than a few attacks on her long sup...more
Published September 7th 2010 by Vertical (first published November 20th 2002)

Sarah Sammis
Twin Spica Volume 03 by Kou Yaginuma goes further into the after affects of Asumi being so petite as to need a specially built space suit. The teacher who tried to get her to quit faces the consequences of his actions. The reason behind his behavior also comes to light and that opens the door to further discussion of the backstories of a number of characters.

What is very clearly coming into to focus is the tremendous affect the crash of the Lion had on everyone, even those who don't admit it or...more
Linda Cohen
It's here it's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely love this series!! The end stories-Another Spica are beautiful and this vol made me cry. Can't wait for the next one and am glad to know there is also an animation on Veoh.
Elaine
I was told that Twin Spica was a tear-jerker but I didn't realize that the heart-string tugging would begin so early. At this rate I'll be bawling from the beginning to the end by volume 5 or 6.

I'm really liking the structure of having flashbacks that are outside of the major storyline at the end of each volume instead of integrated into the main plot. I think that it makes for a tighter, smoother, much more realistic and natural feeling plot progression; there isn't the obligatory pause in the...more
Nicole
Lots of emotional development in this volume. I'm finally starting to understand Asumi as a character. She really wants everyone (I mean, EVERYONE) to be able to go into space. Clearly, that's not going to happen, but I'm interested to see how it won't.

Also, we FINALLY get some backstory on ice queen type Marika. Not surprisingly, a somewhat tragic, sheltered existence is part of the cause of her weirdness. But I still don't understand how she ended up at Space School.

I really like the postscrip...more
Roxanne
Still enjoying this series, although the resolution of the cliffhanger ending from vol. 2 was a bit anticlimactic.
Titis Wardhana
sweet but sad...

akhirnya Lion ngikut ke Tokyo juga. Bisa2nya mangakanya punya ide bikin chara ini... entah itu kisah Asumi atau Lion, kedua2nya bener2 sedih... apalagi kisah pendeknya tentang cowok yang disukai Asumi pertama kali...
Starbubbles

Oh my goodness! Why do you have to be so good twin spica?!
Truly a great volume! It had me choking up and smiling and everything. If only everything could be written as well as this.
Jeannette
Asumi's Cherry Blossoms brought tears to my eyes.

I am really enjoying all the installments of Another Spica, too.

"I wonder why all grown-ups smile so sadly."
Cℓinton Sheppard
Joy
Each volume of this series continues to have an incredible emotional impact on the reader. I really need to go pre-order volume 4 now.
Ashley
I'm beginning to realize that every single volume of this series is going to make me cry.
Parker
My Least favorite of the three i have read...But still fantastic
Kirsten
This continues to be a lovely series.
Emma O.
Emma O. marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
ReadingFrog
ReadingFrog marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
George
George is currently reading it
Jul 29, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Jelena
Jelena added it
May 27, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
May 13, 2014
  • Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 2
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Planetes. Vol. 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • Wandering Son: Volume Two
  • A Bride's Story 02
  • 7 Billion Needles, Volume 1
Twin Spica, Volume: 01 Twin Spica, Volume: 02 Twin Spica, Volume: 04 Twin Spica, Volume: 05 Twin Spica, Volume: 06