Start by marking “Twin Spica, Volume: 03” as Want to Read:
Twin Spica, Volume: 03

Twin Spica, Volume: 03 (Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #3)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  275 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Asumi is going through her growing pains right now. She knew this new challenge would not be simple. Mentally and, even with her petite frame, physcially she was prepared for almost anything the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) could throw at her. Emotionally, however, she was light-years away from being able to even take more than a few attacks on her long sup ...more
Published September 7th 2010 by Vertical (first published November 20th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Linda
Apr 05, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
It's here it's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I absolutely love this series!! The end stories-Another Spica are beautiful and this vol made me cry. Can't wait for the next one and am glad to know there is also an animation on Veoh.
Sarah Sammis
Nov 29, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Twin Spica Volume 03 by Kou Yaginuma goes further into the after affects of Asumi being so petite as to need a specially built space suit. The teacher who tried to get her to quit faces the consequences of his actions. The reason behind his behavior also comes to light and that opens the door to further discussion of the backstories of a number of characters.

What is very clearly coming into to focus is the tremendous affect the crash of the Lion had on everyone, even those who don't admit it or
Mark
Sep 28, 2014 Mark rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Semua orang tentu paham manfaat dari menjalin persahabatan dengan sebanyak mungkin orang. Namun jika dirimu berada dalam sebuah lingkungan terbatas di mana jelas-jelas setiap orang adalah pesaing dan calon penjegal dirimu untuk menggapai cita-cita yang telah engkau bangun sejak masih kecil, apakah engkau akan tetap mau menjalin persahabatan tulus dengan orang tersebut? Yakin? Setidaknya, akal sehatku membuatku meragukannya. Nah, itulah sebenarnya alasan mengapa cerita di volume 3 ini mulai teras ...more
Starbubbles
Oct 26, 2012 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga

Oh my goodness! Why do you have to be so good twin spica?!
Truly a great volume! It had me choking up and smiling and everything. If only everything could be written as well as this.
Elaine
Oct 21, 2012 Elaine rated it really liked it
I was told that Twin Spica was a tear-jerker but I didn't realize that the heart-string tugging would begin so early. At this rate I'll be bawling from the beginning to the end by volume 5 or 6.

I'm really liking the structure of having flashbacks that are outside of the major storyline at the end of each volume instead of integrated into the main plot. I think that it makes for a tighter, smoother, much more realistic and natural feeling plot progression; there isn't the obligatory pause in the
Lara
This volume seems very focused on Asumi's friendships--with Kei, Fuchuya, Shu, and Marika, as well as with a friend from a long time ago who shared her love of space. We also find out a little more about the Lion and what really happened with it. I'm enjoying this story more and more!
Nicole
Sep 22, 2010 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Lots of emotional development in this volume. I'm finally starting to understand Asumi as a character. She really wants everyone (I mean, EVERYONE) to be able to go into space. Clearly, that's not going to happen, but I'm interested to see how it won't.

Also, we FINALLY get some backstory on ice queen type Marika. Not surprisingly, a somewhat tragic, sheltered existence is part of the cause of her weirdness. But I still don't understand how she ended up at Space School.

I really like the postscrip
Tom
Jul 30, 2015 Tom rated it it was amazing
This is a story about dreams, space, sadness, and how pushing ahead can bring you happiness. Well worth the read.
Roxanne
Jul 30, 2014 Roxanne rated it liked it
Still enjoying this series, although the resolution of the cliffhanger ending from vol. 2 was a bit anticlimactic.
krista.
Apr 08, 2015 krista. rated it really liked it
My favorite of the series so far. The short, 'Asumi's Cherry Blossoms' was perfect and so sweet and moving.
Titis Wardhana
sweet but sad...

akhirnya Lion ngikut ke Tokyo juga. Bisa2nya mangakanya punya ide bikin chara ini... entah itu kisah Asumi atau Lion, kedua2nya bener2 sedih... apalagi kisah pendeknya tentang cowok yang disukai Asumi pertama kali...
Clinton Sheppard
Oct 05, 2013 Clinton Sheppard rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-safe-manga
Joy
Sep 11, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it
Each volume of this series continues to have an incredible emotional impact on the reader. I really need to go pre-order volume 4 now.
Ashley D--
Oct 13, 2012 Ashley D-- rated it it was amazing
I'm beginning to realize that every single volume of this series is going to make me cry.
Parker
Aug 17, 2013 Parker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
My Least favorite of the three i have read...But still fantastic
Kirsten
This continues to be a lovely series.
Lily Tice
Lily Tice marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Amanda Raifsnider
Amanda Raifsnider rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
Guilherme Dutra
Guilherme Dutra marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Angus Weir
Angus Weir rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Areaj
Areaj rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Lola
Lola rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
ELLA
ELLA rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Morgana
Morgana rated it liked it
May 08, 2016
  • Saturn Apartments 3 (Saturn Apartments #3)
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 3 (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 3

Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 01
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 05
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 06
  • Twin Spica vol. 07 (Twin Spica, # 7)
  • ふたつのスピカ 8