Start by marking “Twin Spica, Volume: 02” as Want to Read:
Twin Spica, Volume: 02

Twin Spica, Volume: 02 (Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #2)

Where were you when the first International Space Station was scrapped and dropped into Earth's atmosphere?

It was Asumi's first day in space school, and she promised Lion she would not cry or be homesick as she will be leaving her quiet seaside town for the big city. Waiting for her in Tokyo will be a lot of work.  She is going to have to go through the rigors of space ex
Published July 6th 2010 by Vertical (first published April 23rd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Jeff
Jan 18, 2017 Jeff rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jeff by: Seth T.
Shelves: comics
I struggled to follow flashback, sidestory, new setting, etc, presumably because i haven't figured out Yaginuma's visual cues (yet?). Nevertheless, Asumi's quest to become an astronaut still intrigues me. I really like Yaginuma's choice to have a few "mission" chapters per volume capped off with chapters about The Past or about The Father or about The Times. They enrich an already realistic future world and strengthened my sense of the characters.
Titis Wardhana
Selalu ada aja orang yang gak suka sama orang lain hanya karena dendam lama, sama seperti Asumi yang gak punya salah apa-apa, ehh ada aja yang masih bikin mau bikin sengsara dia, dan biasanya orang dewasa yang punya kuasa...

Tom
Jul 30, 2015 Tom rated it it was amazing
This is a story about dreams, space, sadness, and how pushing ahead can bring you happiness. Well worth the read.
Sarah Sammis
Jan 26, 2011 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
I was introduced to the Twin Spica manga series by Kou Yaginuma via the 2010 Cybils nominations. The translation of volume 01 made it to the short list. Having so enjoyed the first volume and being interested in starting a new (to me) manga series, I have decided to keep reading the series as I can get my hands on the volumes.

Volume 02 is the first one set in the space academy proper. It's Asumi's first day and she's promised the Lion she won't cry. She's living in a dormitory and is working par
Nicola Mansfield
Aug 03, 2011 Nicola Mansfield rated it it was amazing
Reason for Reading: next in the series.

I really love this series. The story is incredibly interesting but it is the emotions of the characters that are entirely realistic and pull you into this unique sci-fi/magical realism manga tale. Asumi sets off for her first day at Space School and says goodbye to Lion, as he cannot leave with her. At Space School Asumi finds the training challenging but she is up to the challenge, taking classes in advanced mathematics and physics along with physical trai
Mark
Jan 19, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Kamogawa Asumi akhirnya berhasil diterima di Akademi Antariksa Nasional Tokyo, Angkatan IV. Namun masih saja ada cobaan yang menghalangi Asumi untuk menggapai cita-citanya meraih bintang. Seolah tinggi badannya yang di bawah standar tidak cukup menjadi masalah, Profesor Sano yang menjadi salah satu dosen di Akademi secara khusus berbicara empat mata dengan Asumi hanya untuk meminta dirinya mengundurkan diri dari Akademi. Alasannya, karena dendam pada ayah Asumi yang dituding sebagai penyebab jat ...more
Sep 21, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
Twin Spica is an enjoyable manga series about Asumi and her dream to become an astronaut. I didn't like how clueless and small Asumi comes off. It just seems that now she got into the school she shouldn't have that much difficulty proving herself. I think the helpless female student is a common style in manga, like in Library Wars (which is garbage compared to Twin Spica).

The story is lifted with a well rounded background and attractive art. The story picked up at the end, and I'm curious to fi
Dani
The volume was all setup - one teacher hates her father and wants to have her kicked while another teacher fights to keep her despite the smaller suit she needs.

The shocking secret the evil teacher tells her causes her to zone out. All the angst over the admittance ceremony and her dad being there, her new rundown dorm and the practical and technical training and classes all to be thrown away due to some ass.

I love the art, and the childhood friend who treats her harsh but is fascinated by her n
Muhammad Irfan
Sep 21, 2013 Muhammad Irfan rated it really liked it
Asumi yang ingin menjadii Astronot berhasil mengejar impiannya selangkah di depan. Namun ada suatu hal menghalangi. Ia terus dihadapkan dengan masalah yang terjadi beberapa tahun silam.

Akankah Asumi dapat mencapai impiannya ?

-----
Kali ini urutan pada settingnya sama halnya seperti Volume 1, melompat depan , belakang, depan. Tapi overall, cerita satu sama lain memang masih berkorelasi. :)
Ashley D--
Sep 01, 2012 Ashley D-- rated it it was amazing
Just as awesome as the first one. Pulls on the heartstrings without sacrificing pace or the element of mystery that compels you to read further. I'm going to be devastated when I reach the end of this series. It's so easy to love Asumi, and each volume so far has been a really enjoyable read.

Also love the little snippets of the author's backstory that are included at the end of each volume.
Lara
Okay, this is definitely growing on me! The only issue I have with the series at this point is how tiny Asumi is drawn. She looks like a five-year-old in comparison to everyone else, but at one point her height is given as 4'8", which is not that tiny! Everyone else in this book must be between 6 and 7.5' tall!!! But whatever.
Nicole
Sep 04, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Not as awesome as the first volume, but yep, very promising. Possibly not for everyone; the pace of this series is clearly going to be pretty languid, but the character development seems good. And again...girl astronauts! Squee!
Emkoshka
It's only volume 2 and little Asumi is already starting to grate on me! She's just a little too sweet and lovely and stoic to be relatable. The short childhood story at the end, 'Our Stars, Leaf Stars' was a heart jerker.
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA
So tender.
Kirsten
I love this series so much. It's sweet and sad, and the main character is very good-natured without being completely unbelievable. Just lovely stuff.
Micah
Jul 03, 2011 Micah rated it really liked it
This is an improvement on the first volume by a lot. One ofthe main ways is a concerted effort to humanize her father. The flashbacks in this episode are adorable and heartbreakig.
Cherish
Jul 24, 2013 Cherish rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
It's truly a great manga and I'm defiantly going to create some fan art based on some of the characters.
Clinton Sheppard
Sep 25, 2013 Clinton Sheppard rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-safe-manga
More space school training and more back story.
Roxanne
Jun 13, 2014 Roxanne rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Loving this series. I gave this volume three stars only because it ended on a cliffhanger and we haven't gotten the next one from the library yet.
Linda
Aug 03, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best series I've read in forever!! The art is great and the story is sweet and sad all at once. Run, don't walk, to get this book! Vol 3 & 4 coming this fall
Agent
Jun 14, 2014 Agent rated it it was amazing
interesting addition, in this volume our lovable loli protagonist faces adversity because of her small size
Elaine
Oct 21, 2012 Elaine rated it really liked it
Great cast of characters and really like the flashback sequences, that and I'm partial to Mr. Lion. And the plot thickens... reaching for the next volume now!
Lucas
Lucas rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2012
Lola Jane
Lola Jane rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2014
Abjlil Chan
Abjlil Chan rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Luna
Luna rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2016
Luke
Luke rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2015
mine mine (semi-hiatus)
mine mine (semi-hiatus) rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Shiki
Shiki rated it it was ok
Jun 05, 2014
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 3 (Saturn Apartments #3)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 3 (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Please Save My Earth, Vol. 4

Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 01
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 05
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 06
  • Twin Spica vol. 07 (Twin Spica, # 7)
  • ふたつのスピカ 8