Twin Spica, Volume: 02

Twin Spica, Volume: 02 (Twin Spica / ふたつのスピカ Japanese Numbering #2)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  235 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Where were you when the first International Space Station was scrapped and dropped into Earth's atmosphere?

It was Asumi's first day in space school, and she promised Lion she would not cry or be homesick as she will be leaving her quiet seaside town for the big city. Waiting for her in Tokyo will be a lot of work. She is going to have to go through the rigors of space exp...more
Published July 6th 2010 by Vertical (first published April 23rd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Twin Spica, Volume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twin Spica, Volume

Jeannette
This story is unfolding in a very natural way. Nothing seems forced or contrived; all of the relationships are very authentic. I like that the heroine is such a tiny thing, with a big dream.

The stories at the end really fill in the background of various characters. They don't take away from the main story, and they work better than extended flashbacks. The flashbacks within the story work well, too. All of the back stories and flashbacks add tremendous emotional depth to the main story. And, I j...more
Mark
Jan 19, 2014 Mark rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Kamogawa Asumi akhirnya berhasil diterima di Akademi Antariksa Nasional Tokyo, Angkatan IV. Namun masih saja ada cobaan yang menghalangi Asumi untuk menggapai cita-citanya meraih bintang. Seolah tinggi badannya yang di bawah standar tidak cukup menjadi masalah, Profesor Sano yang menjadi salah satu dosen di Akademi secara khusus berbicara empat mata dengan Asumi hanya untuk meminta dirinya mengundurkan diri dari Akademi. Alasannya, karena dendam pada ayah Asumi yang dituding sebagai penyebab jat...more
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: next in the series.

I really love this series. The story is incredibly interesting but it is the emotions of the characters that are entirely realistic and pull you into this unique sci-fi/magical realism manga tale. Asumi sets off for her first day at Space School and says goodbye to Lion, as he cannot leave with her. At Space School Asumi finds the training challenging but she is up to the challenge, taking classes in advanced mathematics and physics along with physical trai...more
Sarah Sammis
I was introduced to the Twin Spica manga series by Kou Yaginuma via the 2010 Cybils nominations. The translation of volume 01 made it to the short list. Having so enjoyed the first volume and being interested in starting a new (to me) manga series, I have decided to keep reading the series as I can get my hands on the volumes.

Volume 02 is the first one set in the space academy proper. It's Asumi's first day and she's promised the Lion she won't cry. She's living in a dormitory and is working par...more
Roxanne
Loving this series. I gave this volume three stars only because it ended on a cliffhanger and we haven't gotten the next one from the library yet.
Agent
interesting addition, in this volume our lovable loli protagonist faces adversity because of her small size
Titis Wardhana
Selalu ada aja orang yang gak suka sama orang lain hanya karena dendam lama, sama seperti Asumi yang gak punya salah apa-apa, ehh ada aja yang masih bikin mau bikin sengsara dia, dan biasanya orang dewasa yang punya kuasa...

Muhammad Irfan
Asumi yang ingin menjadii Astronot berhasil mengejar impiannya selangkah di depan. Namun ada suatu hal menghalangi. Ia terus dihadapkan dengan masalah yang terjadi beberapa tahun silam.

Akankah Asumi dapat mencapai impiannya ?

-----
Kali ini urutan pada settingnya sama halnya seperti Volume 1, melompat depan , belakang, depan. Tapi overall, cerita satu sama lain memang masih berkorelasi. :)
Ashley
Just as awesome as the first one. Pulls on the heartstrings without sacrificing pace or the element of mystery that compels you to read further. I'm going to be devastated when I reach the end of this series. It's so easy to love Asumi, and each volume so far has been a really enjoyable read.

Also love the little snippets of the author's backstory that are included at the end of each volume.
Nicole
Not as awesome as the first volume, but yep, very promising. Possibly not for everyone; the pace of this series is clearly going to be pretty languid, but the character development seems good. And again...girl astronauts! Squee!
Micah
This is an improvement on the first volume by a lot. One ofthe main ways is a concerted effort to humanize her father. The flashbacks in this episode are adorable and heartbreakig.
Linda Cohen
This is one of the best series I've read in forever!! The art is great and the story is sweet and sad all at once. Run, don't walk, to get this book! Vol 3 & 4 coming this fall
Elaine
Great cast of characters and really like the flashback sequences, that and I'm partial to Mr. Lion. And the plot thickens... reaching for the next volume now!
Kirsten
I love this series so much. It's sweet and sad, and the main character is very good-natured without being completely unbelievable. Just lovely stuff.
Cherish
It's truly a great manga and I'm defiantly going to create some fan art based on some of the characters.
Cℓinton Sheppard
More space school training and more back story.
Shaouais
Shaouais marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Spirit
Spirit marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Lynn
Lynn added it
Jul 20, 2014
ReadingFrog
ReadingFrog marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 2
  • Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1
  • A Bride's Story 02
  • Planetes. Vol. 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • Wandering Son: Volume Two
  • not simple
Twin Spica, Volume: 01 Twin Spica, Volume: 03 Twin Spica, Volume: 04 Twin Spica, Volume: 05 Twin Spica, Volume: 06