Swan's Grace

Swan's Grace (Hawthorne Brothers #2)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  8 reviews
HE WAS A MAN WHO MADE THE RULES, WHILE SHE WANTED ONLY TO BREAK THEM . . . .

Grayson Hawthorne is everything blue-blooded Boston society admires--rich, ruthless, untainted by scandal.While always keeping a tight rein on his emotions, he has never forgotten Sophie Wentworth, the spirited but awkward child who captivated his youth with music and a young girl's adoration.But o...more
Published September 5th 2000 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about Swan's Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swan's Grace

seton

This is the second book of a trilogy about 3 brothers of a high society Turn of the Century Bostonian family. The first book is titled Dove’s Way and the third is Nightingale’s Gate.

In this one, Sophie, a concert celloist, has been in love with Grayson Hawthorne since she was 4. When her life falls apart on her 18th birthday, she escapes to Europe where she becomes a success. However, Grayson decides its time for him to marry and decides to buy Sophie from her father and gets engaged to Sophie i...more
marissa
Mar 03, 2013 marissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
I was deeply impressed by the depth of emotion convened in this story. I was also amazed at how life-like both Sophie & Grayson were. This story made me feel there angers, as well as there happiness.

In the future I will not hesitate to pick up another Linda Francis Lee book. I'm also quite saddened that her books aren't more well known.

I Found this book to be totally satisfying from start to finish.
Daneesha
I actually started this book last night. It was fabulous. Both had cared for each other since they were kids. As adults, they've both been through a lot. They both need some love and healing. This book took place in America in the 1890s. I thought it was a refreshing change of scenery.
Tressa
Unfortunately, I didn't connect with the characters. I felt that they were one-dimensional. Also, the contemporary dialogue jarred me from the story's time period of the late 1800s. I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy this book very much.
Jenny Rebecca
This was the first one of Linda Francis Lee I'd read. I remember loving it so much. And while it was wonderful the second time around, after reading the two stories back to back, I love the first one more.
Flitterkit
Beautiful. Somewhat endearingly awkward, but beautiful and I just love the music.
Marti
Sequel to Dove's Way, following the older brother. Also a good beach book.
Sep 19, 2007 Sarah added it
i couldnt put it down, i stayed up past my bed time for this a couple nights!
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Sharon Piper
Sharon Piper marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Linda Francis Lee is a native Texan now calling New York City home. Linda's writing career began when her article "There Is No Finish Line" was published in her university's quarterly magazine. But she got sidetracked from writing when she started teaching probability and statistics. Later she found her way back to writing, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution called her breakout novel, Blue Waltz...more
More about Linda Francis Lee...
Emily and Einstein The Devil in the Junior League The Ex-Debutante The Glass Kitchen: A Novel of Sisters Suddenly Sexy