Start by marking “Swan's Grace” as Want to Read:
Swan's Grace

Swan's Grace (Hawthorne Brothers #2)

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  92 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
HE WAS A MAN WHO MADE THE RULES, WHILE SHE WANTED ONLY TO BREAK THEM . . . .

Grayson Hawthorne is everything blue-blooded Boston society admires--rich, ruthless, untainted by scandal.While always keeping a tight rein on his emotions, he has never forgotten Sophie Wentworth, the spirited but awkward child who captivated his youth with music and a young girl's adoration.But o
Published September 5th 2000 by Ivy Books

To ask other readers questions about Swan's Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swan's Grace

seton
Apr 20, 2009 seton rated it liked it

This is the second book of a trilogy about 3 brothers of a high society Turn of the Century Bostonian family. The first book is titled Dove’s Way and the third is Nightingale’s Gate.

In this one, Sophie, a concert celloist, has been in love with Grayson Hawthorne since she was 4. When her life falls apart on her 18th birthday, she escapes to Europe where she becomes a success. However, Grayson decides its time for him to marry and decides to buy Sophie from her father and gets engaged to Sophie i
marissa
Mar 03, 2013 marissa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance lovers
I was deeply impressed by the depth of emotion convened in this story. I was also amazed at how life-like both Sophie & Grayson were. This story made me feel there angers, as well as there happiness.

In the future I will not hesitate to pick up another Linda Francis Lee book. I'm also quite saddened that her books aren't more well known.

I Found this book to be totally satisfying from start to finish.
Daneesha
Jan 19, 2009 Daneesha rated it it was amazing
I actually started this book last night. It was fabulous. Both had cared for each other since they were kids. As adults, they've both been through a lot. They both need some love and healing. This book took place in America in the 1890s. I thought it was a refreshing change of scenery.
Tressa
Feb 15, 2009 Tressa rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Unfortunately, I didn't connect with the characters. I felt that they were one-dimensional. Also, the contemporary dialogue jarred me from the story's time period of the late 1800s. I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy this book very much.
Jenny Rebecca
Jan 08, 2009 Jenny Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-novels
This was the first one of Linda Francis Lee I'd read. I remember loving it so much. And while it was wonderful the second time around, after reading the two stories back to back, I love the first one more.
Flitterkit
Dec 05, 2010 Flitterkit rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Beautiful. Somewhat endearingly awkward, but beautiful and I just love the music.
Marti
Jun 06, 2010 Marti rated it really liked it
Sequel to Dove's Way, following the older brother. Also a good beach book.
Sep 19, 2007 Sarah added it
i couldnt put it down, i stayed up past my bed time for this a couple nights!
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Sheila Bradley
Sheila Bradley marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Connie Andres
Connie Andres marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Charlotte Lynch
Charlotte Lynch rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Mary Malee
Mary Malee marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Shelah Sinclair-downey
Shelah Sinclair-downey marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Aimee Shaffer
Aimee Shaffer marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Branislava
Branislava marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
S
S marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Le Anne
Le Anne marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Maddy
Maddy marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2015
Donna Zajac
Donna Zajac marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Diana Grape
Diana Grape marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Laura rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Loretta Otts
Loretta Otts marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Linda Francis Lee is a native Texan now calling New York City home. Linda's writing career began when her article "There Is No Finish Line" was published in her university's quarterly magazine. But she got sidetracked from writing when she started teaching probability and statistics. Later she found her way back to writing, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution called her breakout novel, Blue Waltz ...more
More about Linda Francis Lee...

Hawthorne Brothers (3 books)
  • Dove's Way