The Law of Desire

The Law of Desire (Hightower Honors #3)

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Decorated police detective Lawrence Hightower's instincts click into high gear when a beautiful but suspicious stranger appears in his stakeout zone. Soon he realizes Minerva Jones is in danger and needs protection. He can't trust her. But he can't get this tough, feisty, stubborn siren out of his head.

Desperate to keep a low profile, the last thing Minerva needs is a sexy...more
Published May 1st 2008 by Harlequin Presents (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Law of Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Law of Desire

D.lee
Lawrence had just said he would be a bachelor for life, unless he can find a woman that can cook like his mama. Little does he know that the stranger he suspects is a drug dealing criminal, will change his vow. Minerva is hiding out from whoever it is that killed her brother. All of a sudden she finds herself harassed by an arrogant cop. Fate puts the arrogant cop(Lawrence)in the position of not only saving her life, but trying to protect her from a murderer. Reluctantly, Lawrence finds himself...more
Shawnette
Well, Mrs. Bolton has DONE it again! Lawrence and Minerva are very ENTERTAINING throughout this romantic mystery. I laughed, I cried and I sighed! And good ol' MEDDLING Aunt Sophie didn't miss the party after all! I can hardly wait to see what Mrs. Bolton has in store for Patrick. I am definitely lovin' these Hightower men and their circle of family and friends!
Dsunshine
Another great read…Lawrence found his match in Minerva and that Aunt Sophie and all her intrusive and spiteful ways just makes you want to reach into the pages of the book and slap her. However when you discover her secret, it helps to understand why she is such a lonely and bitter woman. Enjoyed the Hightower series
Cynthia
I actually read this one a couple of years ago in paperback, but then I got my NookTablet and got the rest of the series on that, so I decided to rebuy this one and get it in ebook, 2nd time reading it was just as good as reading it for the first time.
Diamond
this book was good as hell..it was very interesting i like these kind of books..anyone that liks love and romantic books they should def read this book.!!!
Ladyamelia
This is my favorite book of the series so far. Minerva and Lawrence had strong chemistry and made a great couple. They had me cracking up!
Deloris
it nice to read Lawrence's story you never know who you will fall in love with.
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Nicole Owens
Nicole Owens marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Sheron
Sheron marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Lily Java
Lily Java marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Metris
Metris marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Gloria Halton
Gloria Halton marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Andrianna Henry
Andrianna Henry marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Sharon Ross
Sharon Ross marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
199257
Gwyneth Bolton was born and raised in Paterson, New Jersey. She currently lives in Syracuse, New York with her husband Cedric.

When she was 12-years-old, she became an avid reader of romance by sneaking her mother's stash of Harlequin and Silhouette novels. In the 90s, she was introduced to African American and multicultural romance novels and her life hasn't been the same since.

While she had alway...more
More about Gwyneth Bolton...
Sizzling Seduction Protect And Serve Make It Hot At First Kiss Make It Last Forever