Start by marking “The E-Myth Enterprise” as Want to Read:
The E-Myth Enterprise

The E-Myth Enterprise

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Michael Gerber, the world's top business guru and bestselling author, shows would-be entrepreneurs how to get started, operationalize their winning idea, and design a business that will thrive.

Got a great idea to start a business? So now what? The E-Myth Enterprise explores the requirements that any new business must meet: the satisfaction of its four primary influencers—
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The E-Myth Enterprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The E-Myth Enterprise

Chung Chin
For a "How to" book, this book does not deliver any useful information. And worst of all, for a book with a subtitle of "How to turn a great idea into a thriving business", it is a total waste of readers' time if they are sincerely looking for such information. So, here's my two words review - Skip it.

I agree with some of the other reviews that this book has lots of fluff, not really useful information and if the author were to remove the melodramatic stories, the useful bits can fit about a ten
Maria
Everyone should read this even if they think they won't be running a business. But it can help in running a household or other areas. I enjoyed reading about the four categories of preference: 1) Visual preferences 2) Emotional preferences 3) Functional preferences 4) Financial preferences.
Ahmed Shalaby
The book is simple, very very informative and really will inspire you to turn your idea into an "E-myth enterprise"! I highly recommend this book to any one who want to start a new business! Great Job Michael E.Gerber!
Andrea
A few engaging stories mixed with basic information.
Steven Levin
The book was an interesting read, although did not offer specific steps towards creating a small business and developing your idea. However, he offered some very good insights into the characteristics of an effective and quality based organization and the kind of person someone would need to be in order to be an effective entrepreneur. Not the best written or well organized book I've read but he gets his points across in kind of a rough and informal way.
Kate
This was ok and had some good and relevant content. Personally I found it a bit too wordy and not as easy to navigate as the E-Myth Revisited which I thought was a fantastic book and helped me a lot. The presentation on Kindle is quite crowded on E-Myth Enterprise. I just found it harder to digest and it didn't appeal to me as much as Revisited.
Sarah Faulkner
Sloppily edited stream of consciousness ranting. Least valuable business book I've ever read. I'm guessing the earlier E-Myth books must have had something interesting to say, but by the time the author reached this one, only the dregs of the idea were left.
S.K. Thomas
A very basic book, still with useful information. A book that let's one pick and choose what information is important to that particular reader.
Greg
Short and sweet. It's the kind of book that puts words to feelings you may already have. The most powerful part is the end, when he talks about "awakeness". It feels good to hear words like this from someone else, because a lot of times when I try to explain this nagging feeling I have to others I get blank stares and wonder if I'm going nuts. That feeling is that everyone (me too) is asleep. That I'm not talking to a person, but some kind tape recording. Whether the author and I are right is up ...more
Fadi Tibi
i couldnt pass page 100. it was turture. waste of time
Derek
Gerber provides some good encouragement, some good stories, and some useful tips of motivation and creativity. Yet, unlike a wonderful businessman, Kenneth Blanchard, who writes without a profane word, Gerber unloads inappropriately at times almost in a venting fashion. I'm sorry, but business books don't need it. On another note, you can really sense his passion for helping businesses succeed and cutting through the fluff, which I always need so I can quit sitting on ideas! Good read and simila ...more
Carol
the second book is better ... this one got boring after a bit
Daliso Ngoma
Money is a component but it's not the component. A good insight as to what to look for in making a business.

From what is said in the book your values can't just be bywords but have to be apart of your character. And also we all need to wake up. Whilst pushing the point that we should never be satisfied with what is around us.

The author has an interesting way of writing, scattered but to the point, and with scratches of humour here and there.

Michael Guzman
This book is a waste of time. Does not provide any insight.
LS
Contains lots of fluff. The main points, which are good, could probably fit into a pamphlet if the melodramatic stories were removed. The ending contains a long, lack-of-Prozac induced rant of the type which normally appears in a blog written in all capitals, which is nice if you are the type of person who enjoys rants. Personally I wish I had just read the ten point summary somewhere.
Dan Smith
I love Michael Gerber's books. Though this had a few similar themes of his other books this did have a good unique spin that reminds owners and leaders of the "real" important parts of their business. Another great book and one that all business leaders should read.
Julia Doherty
Everyone raves about this book, so I thought I would take the plunge and read it. Um... I didnt find any surprises or wow factor in this book, which means that the book is not good, or I am doing something right? Not decided yet.
Tracey Wong
Fantastic. Every chapter is beautifully and provocatively written that you are absorbed with it. The last chapter is really - 'Power'.
Adam
Lots of very helpful perspective on creating a running a business.
Goes a bit off the deep end in the last few chapters.
Very worthwhile read.
The podcast is surprisingly bad.
Susan
Some good advice and a different way of thinking about business. Focusing on values as genuine and central, rather than as tools.
Que
The four catagories of preference seemed to be the only useful information in the entire book. Dare I read more?!
Michael
Excellent follow-up to the classic e-Myth Revisited.
Hani
excellent ending, bit borring in the middle
Rachel
Amazing very insightful and motivational!!
Hannah
Sep 22, 2012 Hannah is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
getting mu business on
Mateo Barajas
Mateo Barajas marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Dennis Bak
Dennis Bak marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Dawn Lee
Dawn Lee marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field
  • Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Change
  • Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches - Third Edition
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • Get Rich Click!: The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • Raising the Bar: Integrity and Passion in Life and Business: The Story of Clif Bar & Co.
  • Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education In Business and Life
  • Inside the Tornado: Strategies for Developing, Leveraging, and Surviving Hypergrowth Markets
  • Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
  • Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking
  • Re-Imagine!: Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age
  • Zappos Experience
  • My So-Called Freelance Life: How to Survive and Thrive as a Creative Professional for Hire
  • The New Positioning: The Latest on the World's #1 Business Strategy
The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World Class Company The E-Myth Revisted/ The E-Myth Mastery Awakening the Entrepreneur Within: How Ordinary People Can Create Extraordinary Companies The E-Myth Manager: Why Most Managers Don't Work and What to Do About It

“No hay buenas respuestas que duren para siempre.” 0 likes