Start by marking “The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn a Great Idea into a Thriving Business” as Want to Read:
The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn a Great Idea into a Thriving Business

The E-Myth Enterprise: How to Turn a Great Idea into a Thriving Business

“This excellent book is a must-read for current and aspiring entrepreneurs.”
Booklist

Discover how to turn a great idea into a thriving business with The E-Myth Enterprise, using the proven methods that bestselling author Michael  E. Gerber has developed over the course of his more than forty years as an entrepreneur and coach. Michael  E.Gerber is THE #1 name in small busi
Published June 23rd 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The E-Myth Enterprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The E-Myth Enterprise

Chung Chin
Oct 10, 2013 Chung Chin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For a "How to" book, this book does not deliver any useful information. And worst of all, for a book with a subtitle of "How to turn a great idea into a thriving business", it is a total waste of readers' time if they are sincerely looking for such information. So, here's my two words review - Skip it.

I agree with some of the other reviews that this book has lots of fluff, not really useful information and if the author were to remove the melodramatic stories, the useful bits can fit about a ten
Guilherme Passos
É o primeiro livro sobre empreendedorismo que leio e o segundo em inglês. É um tipo de livro que nunca achei que leria, mas resolvi arriscar.

O livro dá uma série de dicas empresariais fantásticas além de definir muitos conceitos desse meio para quem se interessa em adentrar no mundo dos empreendedores ou entendê-lo melhor, mas é difícil pescar essa parte boa em meio a um oceano de coisas ruins. O livro todo é guiado no melhor estilo palestra motivacional Geração de Valor, o que eu já esperava, m
Sarah Faulkner
Sep 05, 2014 Sarah Faulkner rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sloppily edited stream of consciousness ranting. Least valuable business book I've ever read. I'm guessing the earlier E-Myth books must have had something interesting to say, but by the time the author reached this one, only the dregs of the idea were left.
Maria
May 14, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this even if they think they won't be running a business. But it can help in running a household or other areas. I enjoyed reading about the four categories of preference: 1) Visual preferences 2) Emotional preferences 3) Functional preferences 4) Financial preferences.
Ahmed Shalaby
Oct 09, 2012 Ahmed Shalaby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is simple, very very informative and really will inspire you to turn your idea into an "E-myth enterprise"! I highly recommend this book to any one who want to start a new business! Great Job Michael E.Gerber!
Andrea
Mar 02, 2015 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A few engaging stories mixed with basic information.
The Dirty Sanchez
Despite this book’s easy layout and succinctly-stated case studies, it was packed with simple yet profound truths about the principles of the free market. It’s a wild and demanding ride that many people fail to understand fully, but where nearly everyone has a chance to make it if armed with a combination of good ideas, good timing, good connections, and just plain luck. His pithy advice for understanding money and how to manage it is spot-on: it will never take care of itself. The author is obv ...more
Rusty Fulling
June 2010 - Michael Gerber presents challenges to business owners to create purpose, WAKE UP, solve frustrations, etc.

Clients who don't respect the value you bring and don't do their part will bring your business down faster than any other business dynamic.

People need to have a purpose. They need to feel like the business depends on them for their contribution. They need to have goals and be involved in a company that isn't just trying to survive but instead thriving!

Most companies are people or
Derek
Aug 14, 2013 Derek rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Gerber provides some good encouragement, some good stories, and some useful tips of motivation and creativity. Yet, unlike a wonderful businessman, Kenneth Blanchard, who writes without a profane word, Gerber unloads inappropriately at times almost in a venting fashion. I'm sorry, but business books don't need it. On another note, you can really sense his passion for helping businesses succeed and cutting through the fluff, which I always need so I can quit sitting on ideas! Good read and simila ...more
Rik Schnabel
Sep 01, 2016 Rik Schnabel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What was Michael Gerber thinking? What was the publisher thinking to even consider publishing this?

This book falls well short of its promise; "How to Turn A Great Idea Into a Thriving Business." The book claims to be a "How" book yet my enthusiastic green highlighter just sat beside my bed and dried out. I highlighted one line, but that was all it was worth.

It took until page 100 before the book gave the reader any idea where the author was going and by the end I sensed a cranky undertone. Was t
Greg
Jan 21, 2013 Greg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet. It's the kind of book that puts words to feelings you may already have. The most powerful part is the end, when he talks about "awakeness". It feels good to hear words like this from someone else, because a lot of times when I try to explain this nagging feeling I have to others I get blank stares and wonder if I'm going nuts. That feeling is that everyone (me too) is asleep. That I'm not talking to a person, but some kind tape recording. Whether the author and I are right is up ...more
Steven Levin
The book was an interesting read, although did not offer specific steps towards creating a small business and developing your idea. However, he offered some very good insights into the characteristics of an effective and quality based organization and the kind of person someone would need to be in order to be an effective entrepreneur. Not the best written or well organized book I've read but he gets his points across in kind of a rough and informal way.
Daliso Ngoma
Dec 10, 2013 Daliso Ngoma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Money is a component but it's not the component. A good insight as to what to look for in making a business.

From what is said in the book your values can't just be bywords but have to be apart of your character. And also we all need to wake up. Whilst pushing the point that we should never be satisfied with what is around us.

The author has an interesting way of writing, scattered but to the point, and with scratches of humour here and there.

Kate
Jan 27, 2014 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was ok and had some good and relevant content. Personally I found it a bit too wordy and not as easy to navigate as the E-Myth Revisited which I thought was a fantastic book and helped me a lot. The presentation on Kindle is quite crowded on E-Myth Enterprise. I just found it harder to digest and it didn't appeal to me as much as Revisited.
LS
Jun 30, 2011 LS rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Contains lots of fluff. The main points, which are good, could probably fit into a pamphlet if the melodramatic stories were removed. The ending contains a long, lack-of-Prozac induced rant of the type which normally appears in a blog written in all capitals, which is nice if you are the type of person who enjoys rants. Personally I wish I had just read the ten point summary somewhere.
Julia Doherty
Everyone raves about this book, so I thought I would take the plunge and read it. Um... I didnt find any surprises or wow factor in this book, which means that the book is not good, or I am doing something right? Not decided yet.
Dan Smith
Apr 27, 2012 Dan Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Michael Gerber's books. Though this had a few similar themes of his other books this did have a good unique spin that reminds owners and leaders of the "real" important parts of their business. Another great book and one that all business leaders should read.
Que
May 12, 2012 Que rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The four catagories of preference seemed to be the only useful information in the entire book. Dare I read more?!
Rachel
Oct 22, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing very insightful and motivational!!
Julian Georgescu
Defiantly worth reading, if you are, or if you intend on starting a small business.
Hannah
Sep 22, 2012 Hannah is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
getting mu business on
Carol
Dec 10, 2014 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
the second book is better ... this one got boring after a bit
Michael
Sep 02, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent follow-up to the classic e-Myth Revisited.
Javi Jara
Dec 18, 2015 Javi Jara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The business puzzle is getting complete with this book.
Susan
Sep 09, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some good advice and a different way of thinking about business. Focusing on values as genuine and central, rather than as tools.
Tracey Wong
Jan 27, 2014 Tracey Wong rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic. Every chapter is beautifully and provocatively written that you are absorbed with it. The last chapter is really - 'Power'.
Fadi Tibi
Apr 27, 2015 Fadi Tibi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i couldnt pass page 100. it was turture. waste of time
Ward
Dec 29, 2016 Ward rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected more concrete advice. Instead it's abstract and general, nothing surprising. The last chapter approaches Zen Buddhist philosophy which made it more interesting to me.
Ravi Jain
Aug 23, 2016 Ravi Jain rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, business
Not worth it. The subtitle - "How to turn a great idea into a thriving business" - is very misleading. It tells neither the what nor the why nor the how of entrepreneurship. Skip it.
Adam
Jan 15, 2013 Adam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of very helpful perspective on creating a running a business.
Goes a bit off the deep end in the last few chapters.
Very worthwhile read.
The podcast is surprisingly bad.
  • Get Rich Click!: The Ultimate Guide to Making Money on the Internet
  • Survival Is Not Enough: Why Smart Companies Abandon Worry and Embrace Change
  • Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play: Transforming the Buyer/Seller Relationship
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company
  • Get Clients Now!: A 28-Day Marketing Program for Professionals, Consultants, and Coaches - Third Edition
  • Raising the Bar: Integrity and Passion in Life and Business: The Story of Clif Bar & Co.
  • The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • Marketing to the Affluent
  • An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists
  • The New Positioning: The Latest on the World's #1 Business Strategy
  • At the Mercy of the Sea
  • Let Us Build Us A City: Eleven Lost Towns
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time

“No hay buenas respuestas que duren para siempre.” 0 likes