Start by marking “Bittersweet Love” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet Love

Bittersweet Love (The Eatons #1)

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  403 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
"The Eatons. For generations, the Eaton family has been dedicated to teaching others. Now siblings Belinda, Myles and Chandra are about to get some sexy, surprising lessons in love .

Lesson #1: Love arrives when you least expect it"

Belinda Eaton is dedicated to her job as a history teacher in one of Philadelphia's most challenging high schools. Committing to a man? Not exac
Published January 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bittersweet Love

Layeshia Riddick
This is the love story of Belinda and Griffin. Belinda and Griffin are in-laws their siblings were married and tragically died in a car accident leaving both of them legal guardians of their 12-year-old fraternal twin nieces. So Belinda and Griffin have known each other for at least 13 years and on the surface they don't like each other but unbeknownst to each other they both had a thing for each other. He thought she was too young for him she thought he was a panty chasing womanizer. And she wa ...more
Shawnette
Jan 12, 2010 Shawnette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A GREAT start to the Eaton series...enjoyed the HEATED verbal sparring between Griffin and Belinda...they are two LIVE WIRES...and once they realize they are attracted to one another the SPARKS definitely start to fly...Sabrina and Layla are simply ADORABLE...and the secondary cast of characters aid in keeping the story flowing...I also learned some INTERESTING historical tidbits throughout...a SWEET read.
Book Chic
Nov 15, 2013 Book Chic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rochelle Alers just keeps surprising me. She writes love like nobody's business and just when I think she's refined and safe she throws a little wildness in there. Entertaining read. And her love scenes are literary genius
Misherald Brown
Sep 27, 2009 Misherald Brown rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rochelle introduces a new of family educators who seem to need a little education their selves.

Belinda Eaton never saw herself as a parent but when she becomes the mother to her nieces as well as her goddaughters after a tragic accident she finds herself dealing with the man she had come to dislike Griffin Rice is her nieces’ uncle/godfather. When she finds herself having to co raise the girls with him she realizes her life is going to change for the better or worse she’s not sure yet.

Griffin Ri
Beautiful
Jul 20, 2015 Beautiful rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Belinda Eaton & Griffin Rice, are godparents to their two twin niece's whom lost their parents in an automobile accident now Belinda & Griffin will discover parenthood. Belinda & Griffin while raising their nieces will find the love that they once had for each other.
Johnnayea Edmond
I did enjoy the characters. I liked the idea of them getting together. The time and steps it took for them to get together seems a little farce as I found myself saying "just hook up already". I didn't get hooked this time around, but I will be okay with continuing the series.
Teresa Scott
Oct 31, 2014 Teresa Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this author. When reading romance novels, I get tired of the same old break up, then make up. This was different and I really enjoyed it.
Tiffany❤️Loves❤️a❤️good❤️Book❤️Boyfriend!!!
Have to admit that I really really enjoyed this book. The title was perfect for the story line.
Teresa Mcmillian
This was a great start for the Eaton series! I'm looking forward to more.
Joann Krause Radke
It was an ok read not a lot of romance
Teresa Jones
Jan 06, 2015 Teresa Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I need a Griffen
Toni
May 09, 2009 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The first in a series surrounding the Eaton family, who have for generations been educators. In this one, Brenda Eaton, a history teacher in a tough Philadelphia high school is forced to share custody of her twin nieces (her goddaughters) with their godfather, attorney Griffin Rice, after her sister and her husband die in an accident. The pair, who have always disliked each other, are forced to put their differences aside for the well-being of the girls. Great story, well written plot.
April
Jul 11, 2014 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rochelle Alers once again does a great job.

Cf
Dec 23, 2013 Cf rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book you will not be disappointed.
Sheila Jackson
Apr 04, 2012 Sheila Jackson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how Belinda and Griffin finally confessed their long time hidden love for one another.
Kimberlee
May 30, 2012 Kimberlee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who would have known that tragedy would bring you together with your soul mate.
Daphne James
Sep 27, 2013 Daphne James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy her books. This one did not disappoint.
A. Jones
Jan 26, 2016 A. Jones rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, but a little boring.
Shannon
Ramese
Jan 04, 2013 Ramese rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it
Shar
Shar marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Afua Gyarteng
Afua Gyarteng rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Chris Jones
Chris Jones rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Gwen Washington
Gwen Washington marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Karmen
Karmen added it
Jun 21, 2016
JT
JT rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Karen Bracey
Karen Bracey marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Lisa Clark
Lisa Clark marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Rachael Albert
Rachael Albert marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
  • One Special Moment
  • Only Hers
  • Defying Desire
  • Imagine Us
  • Campaign for Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #3)
  • The Law of Desire
  • Heart's Secret
Rochelle Alers was born in Manhattan, New York, USA, where she raised. She obtained degrees in Sociology and Psychology, before started to work. She is a member of the Iota Theta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., and her interests include gourmet cooking and traveling. She has traveled to countries in North, Central and South America, and Europe. She is also in accomplished in knitting ...more
More about Rochelle Alers...

The Eatons (7 books)
  • Sweet Deception
  • Sweet Dreams (Kimani Romance, #177)
  • Twice the Temptation
  • Sweet Persuasions
  • Sweet Destiny
  • Sweet Southern Nights (Kimani Romance)