Start by marking “Pony Brushes His Teeth” as Want to Read:
Pony Brushes His Teeth

Pony Brushes His Teeth (Hello Genius)

Board book, 20 pages
Published March 1st 2010 by Picture Window Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Pony Brushes His Teeth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pony Brushes His Teeth

Jessie Bear
After eating, Pony brushes his teeth alongside his dad. This board book covers the concept of brushing one’s teeth, going over the step by step process with silly comic relief at the end. Each page spread of text ends in “just like Dad,” giving the story repetition without a rhyme scheme. Aside from the verbatim refrain, the cohesion of this story relies on the natural progress of teeth brushing and lacks a natural rhythm for the youngest listeners. Digitally produced illustrations depict ...more
Pamela
Sep 07, 2011 Pamela rated it really liked it
"Pony Brushes His Teeth" was funny...during the story, Pony imitates his dad by brushing his teeth just like he does. I really liked this book because I've been working with my daughter more on the right technique on brushing her teeth so it was great for her to see Pony brushing his teeth and also to see the end result...that his teeth were so white at the end.
My daughter chuckled and point out how big Pony's teeth were, but I thought this was a good illustration by the illstrator, Oriol Vidal,
Angie
Mar 02, 2015 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Pony eats a lot, and after he eats he always brushes his teeth just like his dad."

My Review: I have really enjoyed the books that are a part of the Hello Genius series, many of them have helped Munchkin learn some important lessons and skills. This one was just okay for me. I was really not too keen on the illustration style on this one, the pony's teeth stick out so much that he doesn't even look like a pony. I am hoping that after reading it a few times though that it will encourage
Asho
Aug 03, 2016 Asho rated it it was amazing
My toddler received this book as a gift, and I think it's hilarious! The art is pretty distinctive and the pony is stylized to show off his huge pony teeth, but it's appropriate for the story and I just think the pony is so cute! I especially love the page where he's drinking his glass of water. My toddler seemed amused by this, and to my surprise my four-year-old was very amused by it, too. He laughed out loud at the end when the pony accidentally spit on his dad.
Sara ♥
Feb 26, 2013 Sara ♥ rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, 2012
Very cute and instructive book that made my daughter want to brush her teeth like the "neigh" and his daddy. She thought the ending was HILARIOUS... Haha! The drawings are a bit goofy though... SUPER bucked teeth...
Kirsten Mellin
Sep 03, 2014 Kirsten Mellin rated it it was amazing
This book is a very cute way for kids to learn the basics of brushing teeth. Plus, it is very cute that pony wants to do everything "just like dad". The ending is very humorous also. :-) What a cute fun book!
Steph
Feb 13, 2016 Steph rated it it was amazing
Weird to rate a board book 5 stars but honestly the illustrations and cute little story are both so adorable! What a great way to teach about brushing teeth!!!
Jessica
Sep 03, 2014 Jessica rated it liked it
I like this book—and my son loves it!—but I'm not a fan of the way the horse's teeth are illustrated. Otherwise a fun book.
Cindy Leal
Sep 04, 2014 Cindy Leal rated it it was amazing
My toddler loves this book. It is one of his favorite books and of course dad is the one that must read it. It seems he (son) has memorized the book! Super cute.
Sylvester
Dec 28, 2013 Sylvester rated it liked it
2* art
3* story

I brought this in the bathroom one night, and Squirt and Daddy acted it out exactly as I read it. Squirt especially likes the spitting part about brushing his teeth.
Dianna
Oct 20, 2010 Dianna rated it liked it
This book is really well done and my one-year-old likes it, but I just don't love it. The pony looks weird because of his sticking-out teeth, and then he spits all over Daddy. Humph.
Danica Midlil
Although Pony's extreme overbite is a bit troubling, this is still a very nice board book about oral hygiene.
Becky Carleton
The surprise ending turns this potentially didactic book about the importance of brushing into a fun one to act out with kids.
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2014
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2011
Smith Family
Smith Family rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Jessica Peters
Jessica Peters rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Sully
Sully rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2015
Lynda
Lynda rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Breanna Weston
Breanna Weston rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Suzy
Sep 08, 2011 Suzy rated it it was ok
kind of dumb, but my kids liked it
Clayton Hall
Clayton Hall rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2014
Alana
Alana rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Our Children
Our Children rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Michael Dahl is the author of over 100 children's books. Some of his most popular series are Finnegan Zwake, Library of Doom, and Dragonblood. He resides in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in a haunted house.

He also writes under aliases Chris Carey, Rick Thomas, and Mark Ziegler.
More about Michael Dahl...

Hello Genius (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Bunny Eats Lunch