Start by marking “Dulcie's Taste Of Magic” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Dulcie's Taste Of Magic

Gail Herman

Dulcie's Taste Of Magic (Tales of Pixie Hollow #11)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  696 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Poor Dulcie! After the overworked baking fairy nearly ruins breakfast, Queen Clarion tells her to take a holiday. But Dulcie’s vacation is no fun at all. Her friends are too busy to spend time with her. And worse, the bossy new baking fairy, Ginger, has taken over Dulcie’s job! Then Dulcie stumbles across an ancient magical recipe in the library. She’s desperate to try it ...more
112 pages
Published 2008 by Funtastic

To ask other readers questions about Dulcie's Taste Of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dulcie's Taste Of Magic

Rachel
Dulcie LOVES to bake, so much so, that when she has a series of misshaps in the Pixie Hollow Tea Room Kitchen, Queen Clarion forces her to take a much-needed break. But Duclie finds herself feeling lost and unable to relax after so many years doing what she loves most. After discovering a hidden recipe amongst the books at the fairy library, she goes on a quest gathering the ingredients she needs to create a surprising long-lost Never Land treat!

A great, fun story for us type-A's who never take
Twyla
Kelly
Dulcie's Taste of Magic is a book in the Disney Fairies collection, which weaves tales about various fairies living in Neverland (including everyone's favorite - Tinkerbell). The beginning of the book even offers a brief explanation of Neverland history to familiarize the reader.

All fairies have special talents, and Dulcie's is baking. After being told to take a vacation because she is tired and overworked - Dulcie is forced to watch a fellow fairy (Ginger) take over her roll in the kitchen. Dul
Tasia
It's a very sweet story (no pun intended, I promise). Summary and what I think:

(view spoiler)
Morgan
It had a large combination of different things for Dulcie to do to prove that she could be a baking talent fairy. I like that she completed the recipe and proved herself. I liked Ginger because she was very organized and in control and knew what everyone should be doing.
Tamra
Dec 05, 2009 Tamra rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids who like fairies
Recommended to Tamra by: Miciah
Miciah (my 8-year-old) has devoured this series (cause it's about fairies). I decided I should read at least 1. I picked this one at random, because it's her latest library check-out and she just finished it.

It's alright. Cute, with an okay moral (Dulcie expands her world and becomes grateful for other people's work, but she steals stuff in the process--loss of 2 stars).

But it starts with her making a baking mistake--she uses salt instead of flour. NO Head Baker, fairy or not, makes that kind o
Shannon McGee
I liked Dulcie the baking fairy. I have some similar traits to my personalities as her. I did not how ever like the new fairy Ginger but you aren't suppose to. She almost seem meaner then Vidia. I am not sure what lesson this one was suppose to teach because it wasn't the usually take you and time and smell the roses type lesson. At least it didn't seem like it was. I liked the little adventure that Dulcie had to go on to get her kitchen back though.
Alexa
I personally loved this book! Dulcie has an amazing character and I think if she wasn't as determined to make the comfort cake she never would have done it. This book really starts when Dulcie is late for work.(She has never been late before) Ree tells Dulcie to have some time time off and so Dulcie goes on a mission to cook an ancient recipe from the first fairies of Never Land. I would encourage you to read this book.
Ashley Way
I love this story. Not only did Dulcie not give in to Ginger's bullying tactics, but she discovered her own bravery and developed a greater appreciation for others. Super cute!
Karen
A cute, quick read. Dulcie is overworked and forced to take an unwanted break. While on her forced vacation she learns more about the work done by other fairies in Pixie Hollow as she works to make an ancient recipe she finds in the library. She also learns more about herself and her motivations for baking.
Beth
This is a decent easy chapters book series, with really beautiful color illustrations. The stories are -- from a parental point of view -- unobjectionable. From a kid point of view, they seem to be quite lovely.
Karen
This book taught me that if somone is bossing you around dont be afraide to tell them somthing because they dont have that right to do that.If they are one one of your bosses from work then never mind.
Sydney
dulcie is worried that ginger will replace her while she's on vacation since ginger is doing a good job. so she tries to find the comfort recipe to make so the fairies will want her back in the kitchen.
Dyah
Dulcie is OK. I'm not particularly fond of her and her drive to keep making cakes and cookies, but it is nice to see her attempting to make a cake from a magic recipe :) *kinda making me hungry...
Marisol acuna
Jan 20, 2010 Marisol acuna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
when dulcie gets a vacation but she wants to continue cooking.
so she cooks at her house trying no one to notice.
i love this part i am wondering every second what is going to happen next!!
Ellen Goble
i though this book was ok...... knowing that i really dont like diseny thimgs it was pretty good...... i though it could of been longer. it felt likeit was over i one minute..
Madeleine - Tei
My mom used to read this book to me and my younger brother to help him learn how to read. She always pronounced Dulcie as Doolchi, I'll never forget this book. :)
Carrie
Maggie enjoyed this read-aloud -- which had a good lesson about appreciating everyone's gifts and not thinking you're the best. If only she could internalize that :)
Heidi
My Daughter loves me to read these books to her. We take turns reading to each other. The stories have moral values as well which is great!
Carolyn Braun
It got a little scary in the middle because Queen Caralon forced Dulcie to take a break from work in the middle.
Mᴀʟxᴏx ♥
Delicious :) The food these fairies can make, but anyway back to the book... I really liked it.
Kayla
Nov 26, 2008 Kayla rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 6 to 9 year old
Shelves: fairy-tales
This was an entertaining book, especially since like to bake things.
Moral of the story: Share or something, take a break, idk
Liana
I realized I really enjoyed these stories as a kid!
Roxann
All I can say is that I love this series.
Annie
Sounds magical cant wait to READ!!!!!
Jaime
We love all the disney fairies series!
Rachel
One of my favs so far!
Jenise
Dec 13, 2008 Jenise rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: magical lovers
Recommended to Jenise by: no one
i really liked it
  • A Masterpiece for Bess (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #7)
  • Prilla and the Butterfly Lie (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #8)
  • Beck Beyond the Sea (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #10)
  • Fawn and the Mysterious Trickster (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #13)
  • Tink, North of Never Land (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #9)
  • Lily's Pesky Plant (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #4)
  • Rani in the Mermaid Lagoon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #5)
  • Four Clues for Rani (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #21)
  • Fairies and the Quest for Never Land
  • In the Realm of the Never Fairies: The Secret World of Pixie Hollow
  • Crystal The Snow Fairy (Rainbow Magic #8; Weather Fairies, #1)
Creative storyteller and arts consultant Dr. Gail N. Herman has performed and taught storytelling extensively throughout the United States, as well as in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Jamaica, Germany, Ghana, India, and the Virgin Islands. Besides performing for students in schools and libraries, Dr. Herman works with teachers and helping professionals to infuse storytelling and the kinesthetic, mus ...more
More about Gail Herman...
Fira and the Full Moon (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #6) Silvermist and the Ladybug Curse (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #12) Who Was Jackie Robinson? Myka Finds Her Way (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #17) Trill Changes Her Tune (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #22)

“That's why I bake. To fill fairies with goodness."

And it was true, she realized. She didn't run the kitchen just to boss other fairies around. She didn't give orders just to make herself feel important. Well, at least she wouldn't anymore. No. The day before, she hadn't missed that part of her job at all. She had missed the baking. She had missed creating something for others to enjoy.

And, oh, how she wanted to go back to work!”
2 likes