Start by marking “And Call Me in the Morning (And Call Me in the Morning #1)” as Want to Read:
And Call Me in the Morning (And Call Me in the Morning #1)

And Call Me in the Morning (And Call Me in the Morning #1)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  1,930 ratings  ·  192 reviews
Genre: LGBT Erotic Contemporary

Take two, and call me in the morning.

Eli and Zane. Colleagues at work and close friends, though on the surface it's an unexpected friendship between an odd couple. While Zane took the "high school to college to med school" track, medicine is Eli's second career and the best choice he ever made. He has work that he loves, an extended secon

ebook
Published January 15th 2010 by Loose ID

To ask other readers questions about And Call Me in the Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Call Me in the Morning

Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay For You Romance
24th out of 528 books — 1,345 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonThe Tin Star by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay Friends Become Lovers
12th out of 545 books — 912 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
DOUBLE Gay-For-You????

When I heard about the plot line for this book, I was all "MAMA LIKE." I mean, give me one gay newbie and I'm floating in heaven, but TWO and I'm practically reaching nirvana.

What can I say, I have a type. *Grins*

Plot-wise, I don't think this book is anything special. Nothing really happens. Sure, they talk about their jobs (nice going with the medical information, by the way, Willa Okati), and life in general, but there isn't much of a story arc.

But the sex?

*Purrrrrssss
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
2.5 Stars!!

I didn't really like this one as much as I was hoping to. Something about the writing, the story and the characters were off. I just never connected.

And maybe I don't like double gfy. One person's got to have a clue about how he feels.

Two clueless people....

.....annoying! They were so obviously in to each other it was ridiculous. Literally everyone saw it but them.

One of the things I like about gfy is the build-up. The discovery that you have feelings for someone you never expected.
Barbara
Nov 05, 2014 Barbara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: br, hot, m-m

BR with my Friends - Here

Zane and Eli are 2 mature docs, who have A LOT of chemistry and I realy liked they were friends first before they fall madly in love. I liked their friends Diana, Holly, Taye and Richie!! I also liked how things were wrapped up nice in the epilogue!!

A great friends-to-lovers story with hot-sex, romance, low drama and gay-for–you HEA!

A lovely pleasant read!!

Smith Barney
Sweet-and-sexy reality-based manlove. It doesn't blow your socks or rocks off but instead warms your heart in a subtle kind of way and it's the solid storytelling of Willa Okati that earned my 4 stars.

Or perhaps I'm just partial to the world of medicine with both MCs being docs, but I'd like to think it was due to the writer's masterful tone in blending their profession so skillfully into the story.

Two 40+year-old heterosexual men are best friends and professional colleagues in the world of he
Eva
Beautiful Real 5 GFY stars

Loved.
“Falling in love with his closest friend had never been something Eli planned to do with his life. Wasn't as if he could have stopped it, though.”

“What do you want?” he whispered. “Anything. All you have to do is ask.”

Zane and Eli are a couple that aren't a couple and yet they *have* been for years. The only thing missing was the sexual aspect of it. Friends first and not just friends, but best friends and then one day they try a kiss just to prove everyon
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
Eli and Zane 5 Star...yum,

and....It all starts here.....

Sigh....

Gosh, that first kiss took my breath away....

The Book~ There is noooo angst in this book, no villian's, no hater's, no cheating, no un-expected twist and turns...it's just a simple no-stress love story of two straight doctor's falling madly in love.

What did he say after that kiss....?

and I quote

"My God, Yeah. Him. Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, and Ganesha too"

This is my 5 Star re-readable book when I need to re-group after reading a f
Alona
4.5 stars!
BR with Mark.

What a great story!!
I enjoyed the hell of that, but can you blame me?

- Gay For You- Check!

-Double Gay For You- Check!

-Best Friends To Lovers- Check!

-Mature Intelligent Men-Check!

-Two Respected Doctors- Check!

-Good Writing- Check!

-Two HOT Men- Check!

-Perfect Balance of Angst-Story-Sex-Sweetness-Conversations- Check!

I would say- if these points pushes your buttons, READ IT!

Thank you Mark for pushing me into reading it with you!
It was as fun as ever!
Xox
Camille
A true gay for you, which I like. No one was gay but closeted before. The story was alright, good enough, a little chick-ish at times but workable.

The repetition of the phrase "they hissed when skin touched skin" was annoying and there could have been some more stamina with the sex but the showcase of what's important in life and the young gay couple friends were good elements in this story.

All in all, nice enough...but not wowing.
Sara
I am a sucker for the friends to lover’s trope. It makes me swoon and lets me imagine the boys are kinda like my action figures I try to make kiss. Don’t judge me.

And Call Me in the Morning has been on my TBR list and owned for months. When I saw there was a sequel coming out I knew it was time to meet Eli and Zane and see what this whole deal was about.

The story is told exclusively through Eli’s POV and begins with him meeting Zane for brunch with friends. Both men are in their early 40’s (ca
Gigi
This review is from a re-read in March 2013. I originally read this book back in 2011 and loved it! It was my absolute favorite friends-to-lovers/gay-for-you book until I read Falling Into Place and it meet it's match.

MC's Eli and Zane are best friends and doctors working at the same hospital. After some irritating ribbing from mutual friends, they decide to share a kiss to see if their already extremely close relationship could also include romance. The kiss throws both of the straight men off
Susan65
“And Call Me in The Morning” started out a little slowly for me, but just about a third of the way in I was hooked. I really enjoyed the slow way Eli and Zane handled the surprising relationship they found themselves in. It was always "together" and that is how they were successful in wading through the great unknown of a same-sex relationship, when they were both in their early forties...and believed they were both strictly heterosexual.

I was afraid at first that they would easily jump into se
Jimmy Hanson
Two words: "LOVED IT"
I'm not entirely sure why ... it's that kind of all-around feeling you get when you can't really pinpoint any one thing that works or doesn't work.

Zane and Eli are a couple that aren't EXACTLY a couple in the strictest sense, and yet they *have* been for years. The only thing missing was the sexual aspect of it, and I think that's charming. Friends first - and not just friends, but GREAT friends at that - and then one day the hell with it, they try a kiss just to prove every
Jenre
I picked up this book because everyone raved on about it on GRs and I read several great reviews on other blogs. I was also attracted by the fact that the heroes are in their 40s which is quite unusual for an m/m book. This meant I had high hopes for this one as I sat down to read. In the end, I wasn't as enthused by it as many other readers have been, but it was still a pretty good read.

Doctors and best buddies Eli and Zane are such close friends that everyone assumes that they are in a gay rel
Erin (PT)
Susan
Jul 27, 2015 Susan marked it as dnf
DNF at 30%

The writing is not my style. I was constantly confused.
I don’t like it when thoughts wander in the middle of a conversation. I kept losing track of what they were talking about.

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
3.5 stars. This was a cute story. I really enjoyed the easy going nature of the Zane and Eli's friendship and banter. This continued on through their relationship as lovers. Even though this was a bit predictible, and the guys were acting a bit stupidly most especially at the end, it was quite enjoyable. I wasn't quite sure why if Zane had all this family money available, he didn't use it for the free clinic he so desparately wanted to remain open. I also liked how things were wrapped up nice an ...more
Isabel
Another fabulous BR with my girls!!!

Review to come!
Carissa
I know I enjoyed reading this...but nearly four days after finishing it, I must admit I am a little foggy on exactly why. It wasn't a very angsty book, and there was a whole bunch of GFY floating around, so that was good, but there also seems to be not a lot that was strictly rememberable. I guess. I do remember getting fed up with both of them by the end, though, with the whole 'I want you, you want me, but we can't bloody well communicate worth a damn so we are going to implode in self-made me ...more
Tina_K
Wow. Just wow. This book was amazing on every single level. Two of my favorite tropes - friends to lovers AND gay for you! Cha ching!

It was wonderful to have a story with the main characters being in their 40's (cause I'm nearly there!) and mature enough and brave enough to try something totally new and unexpected.

I love that their friendship was not once threatened by their romance. Over and over they said to each other that they'd figure it out together. It was beautiful.

I've got myself a new
Chris
In this very good m/m romance, two straight doctors, whose friends always tease them about being a couple, kiss each other just to prove there isn’t anything like that between them. Whoops. (And, as many others have mentioned, neither of the characters is described as looking as old as the guys on the cover look.)
Therese
*2.5*

The writing was fine, it was however not my favorite type of story. Slow-building romance is for me more satisfying when it comes to a friends-to-lovers story.
(view spoiler)
Vivian
Sweet and not complicated double GFY doctor story.

A few quibbles: annoying, interfering friends, dramatic OMG you almost died plot device, pitcher has issues with PDAs and bottom gets a bit emotional. While none of those things is particularly bad, taken together pushes it into Tropesville.

Nonetheless, pleasant read and relaxing.
Lily
I really enjoyed this story about best friends falling in love. The men are older, have been through a lot in their lives and their slowly evolving relationship was fun to read. Low angst, at times very hot and entertaining throughout.
Tina
This was a very sweet story. I always like books where the MCs are a little older. It is so rare to find men in their 40s as MC in M/M romance. This also had an excellent supporting cast. Great little read.
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
50%

You know when you read a story and you're completely disconnected from it. I'm guessing this isn't a bad book but, in my case at least, it had a lot of small details that piled up into an unavoidable DNF.

The thing that really drives me to read GFY is the tension. The slow burn that will inevitably turn into something wonderful. That's what does me in. The indesicion, when the MCs hesitate and pull back only to come back with a larger impulse. The wanting, the desire, the helplessness. All th
Cindi
Mar 20, 2012 Cindi rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, 2012
Anna D.
The main characters are actually pretty lovable and many times their dedication and love for each other was very sweet and palpable, especially Eli because he is going through a difficult time of coming out of the closet. It’s both a personal and public struggle for him to accept who he is and announce that to the world. All the ingredients were here for a delicious coming out and passionate love story – however the construction and mixture of the ingredients were a little off. See below of what ...more
R.J.
Aug 07, 2013 R.J. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: First time MM readers
Shelves: m-m, gay-for-you, 2013, medical
3.5 stars.

I liked this one. This is probably the first GFY story that felt real. The emotion behind having a sudden sexuality shift worked and the internal dialogue felt realistic. It was a nice story that didn't shift from the romance, there was no mystery or side story to be figured out. Just two best friends coming to terms with their new feelings for each other. The angst toward the end completed the story. A nice easy feel good read.

Recommended for all first time MM readers.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Really enjoyed the fact that both men were in their 40's. I loved that Eli was a cop first as I found that utterly fascinating. I would have liked to have "seen" more Doctor stuff instead of just being told it. The relationship and build up of sex fit perfectly who they were - and it felt like love. Real, true abiding deep love. I liked the secondary characters as well which was a plus as they were important to the story because they helped balance the men. Great read!
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Maybe 4.5, I'm not sure.
I am sure I really liked it a lot, though. Low angst, good characters, good romance. It left me smiling.
There were a few flaws; one plot element that seemed completely pointless and another plot twist that seemed just thrown in for the heck of it and didn't really seem to fit. But otherwise I liked it a lot. Compare to Heart Doctor by Drew Zachary - not just because they're doctors, but because the whole tone felt very similar.
A Beautiful GFY BR with my ladies Isabel and Barbara 19 11 Oct 28, 2014 05:22AM
  • The One That Got Away
  • Man to Man (Hero, #1)
  • Just For You
  • Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3)
  • Handyman (Handyman #1)
  • Out of My Mind
  • Finding Home (Quinn Security, #1)
  • Rules of Engagement (Rules of Engagement, #1)
  • Broken Boundaries
  • More Than Make-Believe
  • The Trap
  • Private Dicks (Private Dicks, #1)
  • Unintended
  • The Rebuilding Year
  • Taboo For You
  • Take My Picture
  • 911 (911, #1)
  • Bewitched by Bella's Brother
A multi-published author of GLBT erotic, romantic fiction since 2004, I love trying new things -- I have 1001 crazy ideas and want to write them all! I exist primarily on caffeine and pixels, take “camera shy” to a whole new level, and persist in trying to learn the pennywhistle despite being woefully tone-deaf. During the summer, I’m a wild woman with henna.

You can find me on the web here, at my
More about Willa Okati...

And Call Me in the Morning (2 books)
  • And Call Me in the Evening (And Call Me in the Morning #2)
The Name of the Game (The Game, #1) Tomcat Jones (Tomcat Jones, #1) Lovers, Dreamers and Me A Beautiful Disaster In The Strangest Places (Strange Places, #1)