Start by marking “Worst Laid Plans: When Bad Sex Happens to Good People” as Want to Read:
Worst Laid Plans: When Bad Sex Happens to Good People

Worst Laid Plans: When Bad Sex Happens to Good People

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  26 reviews
“When bad sex happens to good people, there is no recourse like full disclosure,” is the motto of Worst Laid Plans, a collection of forty probably-too-intimate, but shockingly funny, true-life tales of lust gone wrong. The stories are divided into themed sections including Foreign Affairs (“When bad sex goes abroad”), Self-Help (“Love thyself…but do it carefully”), On the ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Harry N. Abrams (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Worst Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worst Laid Plans

Michelle
It started out funny, but then it started to blend together. Maybe because the contributors are so similiar. They're almost all white, educated East/West coast comedians, writers, actors, or some combination thereof. They sort of all start to sound the same. It's a fun way to pass the time, but you'll only remember a few stories. Also, a few of the contributors are on TV, so I sometimes think of a story when watching a prime time comedy.
Greg Swallow
I picked this up from the "new books" section of the library and giggled like a little girl upon reading the first, random page, which was from a short story called "That Time I Molested A Girl Who Had A Mustache." Winner! Not the deepest book I've ever read but -- eh -- who doesn't need a laugh or twenty now or then?
Ashley
I really enjoyed this book. Short stories about sex misadventures. Some stories had me cracking up in public and others were just okay. I recommend this book to anyone with a sense of humor and has a history that might sometimes regret, makes all my stories seem tame comparitively
Emily
Worst Laid Plans is more consistently funny than any other book, and nearly all the contributors are hilarious. Unlike, say, a collection of a travel essayists, all the slutty New York and L.A. writer-comedian-actors who contributed to this book can write well and have loads of experience with the topic in question.

"Don't use butter as lube, guys."
"Instead of someone saying, 'Hello, Sailor," I'd rather he say, 'Hello, Michael Feldman wearing a sailor suit he bought on eBay.'"
"And then he went up
Kelsey
This book is hilarious! I haven't laughed this hard while reading a book since Laurie Notaro.
Frances
skimmed through this at borders. it was so awful, yet i couldn't put it down. ugh
Sleepi Mohinder
When I was recommended this book I was told it was hilarious. Sadly I just found it funny. The stories are funny and make you reflect on your own bad experiences, but I had still hoped to laugh more.
Heather
Fun little essay vignettes from a variegated roster of funny people, telling about their worst/grossest/most dramatic/embarrassing/etc. sexual experiences. Sort of like The Moth but in book form. Not exactly Proust, and each story is very short so you don't ever get to the point where you're super engrossed, but fun. Basically a sex blog in book form.
Kevin
Really funny. I mean it is total fluff but it was very nice after reading 12 years as a slave to read something like this. I cackled my way through the book. I kinda wish that the stories were a little more diverse than overly educated sarcastic white people but what can you do.
Marie
seriously amazing. How can this not be. Terrible horrifyingly awesome sex stories from people just like you and me. accept and learn how sometimes sex is terrible and sometimes its not. But this is at least funny to look back on and realize sometimes its just terribly hilarious.
Rachel
I really wanted to enjoy this book, but the most I can say about it is that it was very...uneven. Some of the stories were entertaining, some were mediocre, and some blatant attempts at being salacious. Most weren't shocking; they were just kind of pathetic.
Prometheus
3 Stars is generous. Som stroies were funny most sad though. I suppose it depends on your sense of humor and which comedians you like. Probably would only reccomend certain stories and not the entire book.
Jackie
Some stories are funnier than others. This is definitely best read in moderation; if you sit and read too many stories at one time you are more likely to be grossed out than amused.
Josh
While the stories are a bit uneven, when they're good, they're good. Though I know most of you will be too embarrassed to add this to to your list, let it be your secret shame!
Traci
Read this book! I laughed out loud multiple times. It's funny because it happened to them, but I think everyone can relate...just a little bit.
Andrés
May 16, 2010 Andrés rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Andrés by: MIT COOP Bookstore
No vuelvo a comprar libros hacia los que tenga expectativas nbajas por msa de 10 dolares. Pues es entretenido, pero no es memorable en lo mas minimo
leslie
Starts off as a hilarious confessional adventure but devolves into something too boring to overcome the embarrassment of being seen with it.
Livvy
This was my guilty read and had me cracking up on our flight to Greece. Very inappropriate, yet hysterically delivered :-)
Jennifer Hoover
Honesty... I didn't even finish this. I couldn't. It was boring. Some funny parts... But for the most part, boring.
Jennifer Dudley
Super funny and kinda gross. Quick read to get me ready for something more serious!
Amanda
Apr 02, 2014 Amanda added it
Hilarious- you'll laugh out loud, feel uncomfortable, and finish in 2 days
Shannon
Hilarious with a generous helping of life ruining imagery.
Dorian
Funnier in the beginning, a bit less so towards the end.
Katie
Easy read. Funny. Nothing deep. The name says
It all 
Tony
Funny. Not for everyone. Sexual.
Nikki
Hilarious! Absolutely hilarious!
Aileen
Aileen marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
John Tanczos
John Tanczos marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
  • Audrey Hepburn's Enchanted Tales
  • Chronicles of Wormwood: Last Battle
  • The Portable Promised Land
  • Shock Value: A Tasteful Book About Bad Taste
  • Three-Fisted Tales of "Bob"
  • How to Fix Copyright