Start by marking “Dead Men's Secrets: Tantalising Hints of a Lost Super Race” as Want to Read:
Dead Men's Secrets: Tantalising Hints of a Lost Super Race

Dead Men's Secrets: Tantalising Hints of a Lost Super Race

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  92 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews

Archaeologist Jonathan Gray stumbled upon something that shocked him!...a whole cache of "out of place" items that should not exist. And they weren't just in one place. There was a global pattern to them. This pattern showed a lost science and technology. That's when he knew someone had to speak up. This content was of tremendous value.
-MACHINERY: Did you know that the Eg

Published August 31st 2005 by TEACH Services Inc. (first published January 28th 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Men's Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Men's Secrets

Reeda
Feb 25, 2015 Reeda rated it it was amazing
This book, if nothing else, will get you thinking. It covers ancient, archaeological discoveries that proposes that maybe our antediluvian past was an advanced technological society much like our own, or better, that was eventually wiped out during the Great Flood. He lists some extraordinary information that I believe most of the public may not be aware of.

Although it does come from a Christian viewpoint, I believe the author was not a Christian when he started out researching for this book. My
Benjamin
Sep 15, 2015 Benjamin rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book reads like some old role-playing books I used to enjoy. There was inevitably some section given over to describing the history of the fictional Earth; that section invariably consisted of a long list of dry facts that you quickly decided just to skim. The second half of Gray's book reads like that, but with less coherence or narrative and only slightly more references.

In fact, the role-playing analogy can be taken further. Go dig out some old Rifts books: many of them spell out an alte
Karen S.
Mar 03, 2014 Karen S. rated it really liked it
Great book for the widening of thinking and worldview.

I loved what it was trying to say, I felt it could have been written with more cohesion, and a lot less disembodied "lists" - more information and more detail on a few less facts would have given the book a lot more depth.

A book for the adventurous.
Mandeep Bal
Apr 17, 2013 Mandeep Bal rated it really liked it
It's more like a history text book that a non-history student will love it. Very simple and well researched book. I don't know how much of topics covered in this book are true but even if 10% of it is authentic than we have very interesting ppl as our ancestors.
Tanya
Apr 21, 2014 Tanya rated it really liked it
It's written like a long list of facts, but it has some pretty interesting stuff. A lot of what he says makes some sense and then some things seem too far-fetched. But still very thought- provoking.
Christopher Colegrove
Feb 24, 2009 Christopher Colegrove rated it it was amazing
History like you've never imagined. Are we really smarter than our ancestors? The pre-flood world and shortly after holds more mysteries and more discoveries than even I imagined!
Christopher Colegrove
Alaric Longward
Jul 21, 2014 Alaric Longward rated it really liked it
So much evidence all around us, but one rarely dares to voice one's thoughts. I am happy some do.
Yas
Jun 27, 2012 Yas rated it it was amazing
Thought provoking!
Steven
Dec 15, 2015 Steven rated it did not like it
What a poor book. How can someone turn an interesting subject into something so boring?

It's either some kind of awful panel pretending to discuss issues, or 90% of the time just a long list.

I couldn't find any evidence of a lot of the interesting subjects, as this book had a severe lack of any evidence.

If you want to read about a lost civilization then read graham hancock and not this book.
Zakaria Bziker
Dec 25, 2014 Zakaria Bziker rated it it was amazing
Mind-blowing !!!!
Maclain
Apr 18, 2015 Maclain rated it did not like it
Shelves: for-fun
Started off interesting, turned into a long boring list.
paris tribe
paris tribe rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
V
V marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Arvind Laloraya
Arvind Laloraya marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Ms Lorraine Newman
Ms Lorraine Newman rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Heather Wilcox
Heather Wilcox rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Cobie Romero
Cobie Romero marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Iain P F
Iain P F marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
William
William is currently reading it
Mar 26, 2016
Dawnita Fogleman
Dawnita Fogleman marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Willow Kasper Lore
Willow Kasper Lore marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Eric Marvin
Eric Marvin marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Christopher
Christopher rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2016
Lyndsay Quinn
Lyndsay Quinn is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2016
paul benford
paul benford rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
David Mannes
David Mannes rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Tomi Toivio
Tomi Toivio rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls: Unlocking the Secrets of the Past, Present, and Future
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • Atlantis, Alien Visitation & Genetic Manipulation
  • Odyssey of the Gods: The Alien History of Ancient Greece
  • The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids
  • Civilization One: The World Is Not as You Thought it Was
  • The Philadelphia Experiment
  • Lost Cities and Ancient Mysteries of South America (Lost Cities Series)
  • The Bandit Queen of India: An Indian Woman's Amazing Journey from Peasant to International Legend
  • Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times
  • Nephilim Stargates: The Year 2012 and the Return of the Watchers
  • Forbidden Archeology: The Hidden History of the Human Race
  • Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • Gods of Eden: Egypt's Lost Legacy and the Genesis of Civilization
  • The Joyful Guide To Lachrymology
  • Guinness World Records 2016
  • The Two Babylons

“A point to remember. As any technology advances, its methods and equipment do not become more complex; they become simplified. (Take, for example, printed circuits, silicon chips.) Such equipment may not be recognizable to a civilization of inferior knowledge. The point is we may be looking at objects—quite exciting objects—without recognizing them. Who would have expected that items in Baghdad Museum, long labelled as “ritual objects,” would prove to be components of batteries? Do you see what I mean?” 0 likes