Start by marking “Homeschooling for Success: How Parents Can Create a Superior Education for Their Child” as Want to Read:

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
This practical, hands-on guide from the No. 1 homeschooling Web site gives readers everything they need to create a customized education plan that works with children's unique intelligence and learning style. Veteran homeschoolers and interested newcomers alike can benefit. (July)
Published July 1st 2002 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Homeschooling for Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Homeschooling for Success

Elise
This is a good overview of what homeschooling is and how it works. The authors go over several of the most common education philosophies and introduce different styles and structures for implementing those at home. Anyone looking into homeschooling should get to know the different education approaches, such as the Charlotte Mason method, the Classical Education method, the Waldorf method, and the Montessori method. I appreciated the examples of "typical schedules" for each homeschooling style. W ...more
Amber Stueven
Mar 21, 2016 Amber Stueven rated it it was amazing
Shelves: homeschooling
Useful guide. Quick read. Many links and helpful quotes from actual homeschoolers. Borrowed from library but might consider owning for the extensive resources list in the back of the book.
Maureen
Aug 26, 2014 Maureen rated it really liked it
The most helpful aspect of this book is its something-for-everyone capacity. I have young kids - my friends have older kids and teens. It has application for everyone.
Angie
Apr 09, 2010 Angie rated it it was amazing
I have loved reading this book. I recently made the firm decision to homeschool and this book has empowered me to know that I can do this. It does not recommend one method over another and recognizes that most parents use an "eclectic" style of homeschooling where they use several methods...and often changing methods based on the needs of each individual child.
I love how it celebrates the individual child as a unique individual with unique talents to be explored and unique learning preferences.
A
Sanz
Jun 03, 2012 Sanz rated it it was ok
Eh. This was only okay. Two things that stood out:

1. Let your kids quit. It doesn't mean they are quitters, it means they are explorers. Let them sample different things until they find something they want to pursue.

2. (At time of printing in 2002...) "There are currently 2.5 million children in the United States labeled as ADD or ADHD. These children are often treated with medication. The medication most often prescribed is Ritalin, and its use by school-age children has risen 700 percent in t
Jill Robinson
May 07, 2012 Jill Robinson rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, 2012
Way too anti public school. I am homeschooling now out of necessity and actually enjoying it more than I thought I would. But this book was over the top in saying that the only way a kid can get a good education is through homeschooling. My kids have been in public school for 4 years and had amazing teachers.
Alejandra Garcia
May 18, 2012 Alejandra Garcia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: homeschooling
This is THE book that convinced me to homeschool our daughter. The very first page listing the benefits of homeschooling showed me that this is what I wanted for her. Make sure to check out e author's website and Free podcasts!
nessa rodarte
Jun 22, 2014 nessa rodarte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very useful info

I am considering homeschooling my daughter and this book was very helpful and informative. It answered my questions. I highly recommend this book.
Sooy10
Sooy10 added it
Jun 20, 2016
Sabelo Mchunu
Sabelo Mchunu rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Lulu Kritter
Lulu Kritter marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Sangam Desou
Sangam Desou marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Becky
Becky added it
Jan 17, 2016
Lora
Lora added it
Jan 17, 2016
Paula
Paula rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2015
Bruna Pura
Bruna Pura rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Amooolah
Amooolah marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Norah
Norah marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Stephanie George
Stephanie George marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Brigette
Brigette rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Codigos Promocionales
Codigos Promocionales rated it it was ok
May 08, 2015
Michella Digel
Michella Digel rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Aja
Aja marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Jayme
Jayme rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2015
Ricky De Freitas
Ricky De Freitas marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Philip
Philip marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Goodreads Willis
Goodreads Willis marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014