Start by marking “Ten: Living the Ten Commandments in the 21st Century” as Want to Read:
Ten: Living the Ten Commandments in the 21st Century

Ten: Living the Ten Commandments in the 21st Century

Can we really expect an ancient list of do's and don'ts to apply to life in the twentyfirst century? J. John believes that far from being outdated or irrelevant God's ten commandments represent the best compass for a society that is lost in a thick moral fog. Imagine a world where people loved each other. What would it look like? How would people behave towards one another ...more
Published August 7th 2006 by Kingsway Communications

To ask other readers questions about Ten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten

Grace
Dec 01, 2016 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love reading books about the Old Testament, especially ones which show clearly that God's revelation given in ancient times is entirely relevant to us today. Books like these help to show us that God's Word stands the test of time and we would do well to soak ourselves in the whole counsel of His truth (reading the New as well as the Old Testament).

One of the points John brings up about the third commandment that I have only ever heard one other preacher touch on, is that to use God's name in
Dee
Sep 15, 2016 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unfinished
Set aside (not a library book). Will read as devotional and not track
Peter
Aug 03, 2010 Peter rated it really liked it
The 10 commandments, from ten to 1. Kind of a 'chart count down' of commandments. There is also an accompanying study guide, but I won't cover that here. I read this book because we are planning to run 'Just 10' in September - November 2010.
Each commandment is looked at using a similar approach. A detailed discussion of the problems caused by not following the commandment followed by some suggestions about how following the commandment may be achieved more successfully.
You can see from the book
Clare Khan
Mar 22, 2016 Clare Khan rated it it was ok
I am about 60% through this book. To be honest, I'm finding it a bit of a slow and difficult read. In some of the Commandments, there's too much explanation, but in others, there's nowhere near enough!

For instance, the 5th Commandment to honour your father and mother. I come from a broken and dysfunctional environment. My mum left when I was 3. I grew up with my Dad and step mum, with far too much rejection and neglect. We see each other maybe 3x a year but otherwise aren't involved in each oth
David 'Wavey' Cowpar
This book is very good...

There is a lot in there! I loved the way J. John worked through the Commandments backwards, what a refreshing way to study them.

He draws so much out of each commandment as well; the implications that are more far reaching about our heart attitudes and how each command speaks to those attitudes.

Worth a read, and a study!
Hong
Nov 28, 2011 Hong rated it really liked it
Shelves: faiths
Practical; explains how the 10 Cs still apply today and why they are still important. Can read it over and over again, putting it into practice is going to take a lifetime.
Marilyn
Dec 08, 2013 Marilyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book for individual or small group study. The commandments were given not to enslave us but to set us free to live in harmony with God and others.
Carl Palmer
An incredible practical guide to putting the ten commandments into practice.
Brilliant study guide for personal and group use.
Steven Mckimmey
Feb 02, 2013 Steven Mckimmey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read from English Evangelist. The ten commandments. Easy and enjoyable.I thought it would be deeper but really an easy read
Cade Hagen
Cade Hagen rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2015
Lucy Gregory
Lucy Gregory rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Josh Cork
Josh Cork rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Aleph
Aleph rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Timothy Chan
Timothy Chan rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2012
Leighanne Buchanan
Leighanne Buchanan rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Triin Kuusk
Triin Kuusk rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Dean
Dean rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2012
Mike Hipp
Mike Hipp rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2016
Lesley
Lesley rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Belinda
Belinda rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2009
Cindy Philbeck
Cindy Philbeck rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
Jessamay
Jessamay rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2012
Delia
Delia rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Suellen
Suellen rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2011
Zoe
Zoe rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2016
J.John, a Greek-Cypriot by birth. He is married to Killy and they have 3 sons, Michael, Simeon and Benjamin. He became a Christian in 1975 and has been described as refreshing, humorous, passionate, earthy, accessible and dynamic.
More about J. John...