Start by marking “The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue” as Want to Read:
The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue

The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue (The Red Hat Society)

The Red Hat Society® has brought together women across the world. Now there are official Red Hat Society novels about love, relationships, and being happily over fifty!

Dear Friends,
Life is certainly full of surprises. First my husband dumps me for a D-cup Hooters waitress. Second, I buy a tumbledown 1920s Tudor with the oddest–and most ironic–living room arch. Yup, it’s he
Published October 31st 2009 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue

Sas
Jan 16, 2010 Sas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ellie is dumped by her husband for a D-cup Hooters waitress.
Ellie then buys a house with a heart shaped living room arch.
While setteling into her new living arangments a neighbor comes calling and anounces this is one of 4 houses built for the Woodlawn Bridge club. Ellie is now the Queen of hearts.
There is a living room arch in each house representing the club, the spade, the diamond and the heart.
Ellie is then expected to join in playing bridge. She must wear a red hat.
Ellie is swept away
Cumberland Public Libraries
Ellie, newly divorced, buys a 1920’s Tudor house and finds she’s bought one of four built by the original members of a bridge club. As little as she knows about bridge, her house means she’s now a member – the Queen of Hearts. The other three members take her under their collective wings and teach her about bridge and also about life. These lessons bring her a new business, a lot of gardening (including a 50 year old body hidden in her garden), and a quite a bit of romance too!
Recommended by D
Lori Henrich
Ellie is fresh off a divorce and she is feeling cut off for her familiar surroundings and society friends. Her new neighbor tells her about the heart shaped arch in her new home. They invite her to become one of the Queens of Woodlawn Avenue. Everytime the ladies get together they share a bit more about how to play bridge. She discovers that the lessons she is learning about bridge can be applied to her new life of singleness.

I like the story. I didn't think I would when I first started but it
Zee
Oct 31, 2010 Zee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book! If my house were to burn down and I could only take three books, this would definitely be one of them. The Queens of Woodlawn Avenue will definitely have you feeling the pangs of a relationship lost, laughing out loud at Ellie's journey to self-discovery, and cheering for her ultimate comeback. I also thought the bridge twist was very unique. This is a true must read.
Sheila
Jan 11, 2014 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Shelves: would-read-again
this is an awesome book they have a whole collection of the red hat society and I plan to read them all. In this one the ladies teach a way of life to a woman going thru a marriage break up threw playing cards. It's a must read.
Phyllis
This was a quick read and a great beach book. If you're divorced you can relate to the main character.
Alexasapp
Aug 23, 2011 Alexasapp rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: y2011
Great read for to accompany a cold, light, feel good fluff!
Kate
Feb 18, 2009 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun for over 40 females
Cheryl Karkoff
A cute little book about a lady recentley divorced who gets the help of a few red hatted ladies to get her life back on track.
Cindy
Jan 19, 2009 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-read
This was a great little book. It made me laugh at some of the antics; but I also emphasized with the characters.
Meggityb
Feb 09, 2016 Meggityb marked it as didn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
Yuck
~Gen hearts books.~
~Gen hearts books.~ rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2011
Geneva(GG)
Geneva(GG) rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Deanna
Deanna rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2017
Mar
Mar rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2012
Cookie
Cookie rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Gayle Charterina
Gayle Charterina rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Cathy Guy
Cathy Guy rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2010
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2017
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2009
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2013
Darlene
Darlene rated it liked it
May 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

The Red Hat Society (3 books)
  • The Red Hat Society's Domestic Goddess (Red Hat Society, #1)
  • The Red Hat Society's Acting Their Age