Start by marking “The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue” as Want to Read:
The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue

The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue (The Red Hat Society)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The Red Hat Society has brought together women across the world. Now there are official Red Hat Society novels about love, relationships, and being happily over fifty!

Dear Friends,
Life is certainly full of surprises. First my husband dumps me for a D-cup Hooters waitress. Second, I buy a tumbledown 1920s Tudor with the oddest–and most ironic–living room arch. Yup, it’s hea
Published October 31st 2009 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Hat Society's Queens of Woodlawn Avenue

Sas
Ellie is dumped by her husband for a D-cup Hooters waitress.
Ellie then buys a house with a heart shaped living room arch.
While setteling into her new living arangments a neighbor comes calling and anounces this is one of 4 houses built for the Woodlawn Bridge club. Ellie is now the Queen of hearts.
There is a living room arch in each house representing the club, the spade, the diamond and the heart.
Ellie is then expected to join in playing bridge. She must wear a red hat.
Ellie is swept away
Phyllis
This was a quick read and a great beach book. If you're divorced you can relate to the main character.
Georgine
These are very enjoyable books.
Cumberland Public Libraries
Ellie, newly divorced, buys a 1920’s Tudor house and finds she’s bought one of four built by the original members of a bridge club. As little as she knows about bridge, her house means she’s now a member – the Queen of Hearts. The other three members take her under their collective wings and teach her about bridge and also about life. These lessons bring her a new business, a lot of gardening (including a 50 year old body hidden in her garden), and a quite a bit of romance too!
Recommended by D
Zee
I love this book! If my house were to burn down and I could only take three books, this would definitely be one of them. The Queens of Woodlawn Avenue will definitely have you feeling the pangs of a relationship lost, laughing out loud at Ellie's journey to self-discovery, and cheering for her ultimate comeback. I also thought the bridge twist was very unique. This is a true must read.
Sheila
this is an awesome book they have a whole collection of the red hat society and I plan to read them all. In this one the ladies teach a way of life to a woman going thru a marriage break up threw playing cards. It's a must read.
Cheryl Karkoff
A cute little book about a lady recentley divorced who gets the help of a few red hatted ladies to get her life back on track.
Cindy
This was a great little book. It made me laugh at some of the antics; but I also emphasized with the characters.
Alexasapp
Great read for to accompany a cold, light, feel good fluff!
Kate
fun for over 40 females
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Cecilia Bustos
Cecilia Bustos is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2014
Danica
Danica marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Colette
Colette marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

The Red Hat Society (3 books)
  • The Red Hat Society's Domestic Goddess (Red Hat Society #1)
  • The Red Hat Society's Acting Their Age
The Red Hat Society's Domestic Goddess (Red Hat Society #1) The Red Hat Society's Acting Their Age