Start by marking “Trust Me (The Last Stand, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trust Me (The Last Stand, #1)

Trust Me (The Last Stand #1)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  2,927 Ratings  ·  167 Reviews
Four years ago…Skye Kellerman was attacked in her own bed. She managed to fend off her knife-wielding assailant, but the trauma changed everything about her life. As a result of that night, she joined two friends—also survivors—in starting The Last Stand, an organization to help victims of crime.

But now…

Her would-be rapist is getting out of prison. Skye knows that Dr. Oliv
Published January 19th 2010 by Mira (first published June 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Trust Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust Me

jenjn79
Jun 20, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: previously read author
This was a borderline 3-4 star book for me. I'm going with 4 stars because even though there were some things that bugged me, I still enjoyed the book quite a bit.

This series centers around 3 women, whose lives were either directly or indirectly affected by violent crime, who decide to fight back. They start a victims advocacy group in order to help the people who need it most.

This first book focuses on Skye Kellerman. Four years earlier, she awoke in her bed to a man holding a knife to her. She
Christa
Nov 30, 2008 Christa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booksfree-com
This was my first book by Brenda Novak, and I definitely liked it enough to read more by her. Trust Me is romantic suspense, but is really much heavier on the suspense. There is a romance, but very little time is actually devoted to it. The hero and heroine were both very likeable characters, and the storyline was engrossing. Two minor characters in the book are heroines in subsequent novels in this series. I am eager to read both of their stories.

Skye Kellerman was attacked in her bed four yea
Gina
Nov 07, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of romantic suspense.
Recommended to Gina by: Noval Ladies Potluck novel.
Karla Cabcam
Jan 11, 2017 Karla Cabcam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No sé si mi libro venia sin prologo o se me paso a mi pero me hizo falta saber más sobre la situación de Sky con Oliver, lo mismo con la relación de ella y David. El drama marital de David y su esposa me desesperó mucho, les hacia falta bastante amor propio a los dos. Fuera de eso, el personaje de Oliver y el suspenso en general estuvo muy bien.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
4 STARS

"Four years ago...

Skye Kellerman was attacked in her own bed. She managed to fend off her knife-wielding assailant, but the trauma changed everything about her life. As a result of that night, she joined two friends--also survivors--in starting The Last Stand, an organization to help victims of crime.

But now...

Her would-be rapist is getting out of prison. Skye knows that Dr. Oliver Burke hasn t forgotten that her testimony cost him his reputation--and his freedom. Sacramento detective Dav
Robin Gardner
Dec 12, 2015 Robin Gardner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this. I especially liked that it wasn't completely predictable.

Transitions between characters were not smooth. It seems to me that if one is going to play the omniscient third person card, making it easier to jump between the minds of characters, with maybe some visual to let the reader know it's time to make the shift, would be a priority.

Additionally, if one is going to advertise a book as a romantic suspense, there should be a bit more romance than this book contained. The romance w
Donovan Adams
Jan 04, 2011 Donovan Adams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trust Me is the first novel in the Last Stand series by Brenda Novak and I found the plot as enthralling the other two books in the series. I read the other two, Stop Me and Watch Me, awhile back and found them completely exciting and real page-turners; this book did not differ in that aspect. Although I read them out of order, they aren't the kind that you need to necessarily read in order; they make just as much sense when read in random. The different subplots kept me engaged in the action (I ...more
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)

I liked this book, Skye and her friends took their really bad situations and instead of being victims they became survivors. Despite what happens to them they are strong independent woman. I like how the author made Sky and David’s relationship seem plausible. The twists and turns throughout the book kept me interested without completely confusing me. The bombshell towards the end made me have one of those "oh no she didn't" moments. (Towards the character not the author). The writing had a good
Kelly Moran
Aug 14, 2010 Kelly Moran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a pleasure read, so it's not one of my official reviews. I always know when I pick up a book of Brenda's that I'm going to love it. Hands down, I did. I love that we're almost always in the bad guy's head as much as the good guy's. The romance is realistic and intense, so is the suspense. The research into victim's psychie was powerful here. Recommended.
~Megan~
The infidelity part of this book made me a little squicky, but it all turned out good in the end. I'm looking forward to reading about the other ladies of The Last Stand.
Anita
I’m officially convinced that Brenda Novak knows what she’s doing in suspense. Either that or the timing was just right--I didn’t have to be anywhere important in particular, erego, I didn’t see the harm in spending more time than necessary finishing the entire book of Trust Me in one go. Not that there ever is any harm in spending more time than necessary reading… ever.

Pfft… “more time than necessary reading”... There’s never enough time to read all the books I want to read anyway, so I always
Sara
Feb 20, 2017 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm quite glad these are all out, because I have a feeling I'm going to whip through all six. I think they call this romantic suspense, it was a pretty good thriller too. I like this author's writing, I've read a couple other books by her. Also good.
Consuelo Marron
Feb 11, 2017 Consuelo Marron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Novak is a new author to me. Trust Me was a awesome read. Love how the main character went through an ordeal. Now she is taking back her life and helping others. Trust Me is a must read.
Denise
Nov 02, 2016 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book although it did take me a record-breaking month to finish it due to Annual Enrollment Period at work!
Maria S.
Dec 02, 2016 Maria S. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a quite good book. Nothing extraordinary so.
Robin
Nov 01, 2016 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great series by Brenda Novak
Pam
Jan 04, 2017 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book I'm buying the next 2 in series. Brenda never disappoints me!!
Norine Fry
Jan 24, 2017 Norine Fry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

I loved this book from the first page. Haven't read one from Brenda that I didn't like. It's a great read.
Awilda Melendez
Jan 09, 2017 Awilda Melendez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Your story

I gave this book this rating because it is a very good book I would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read suspence and romance so if you are looking for a good read this is it
David
Aug 12, 2011 David rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Skye ist eine Mittdreißigerin, welche vor einigen Jahren von einem Psychopathen nachts in ihrem Bett überfallen und mit einem Messer bedroht wurde, lebt seit diesem Vorfall in ständiger Angst. Sie konnte ihm zwar entkommen, dennoch hat sie weiterhin große Panik vor ihm.
Sie hat sich zurückgezogen, hält sich von den Männern fern und gründete
"The Last Stand", eine Hilfsorganisation für Opfer von Überfällen und Verbrechen, welche als eine Art Selbsthilfegruppe dient. Hier lernen Betroffene, vor al
Eles Jackson
I have a few complaints about this book. ** And I want to warn now that this review will have some spoilers in it. I found Skye's character to be a major contradiction. Throughout the story, the author spoke so much of her being cautious from the attack, yet she continued to do silly unsafe things. Like taking a bath, home alone, with earbuds in her ears--I've never been attacked, thankfully, but I know not to do this because it's not the safest move! And it was unbelievable that she was suppose ...more
Linda
Dec 17, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting suspense, romance book that had quite a little twist. I enjoyed the characters and their story. Skye Kellerman had been attached by a man who she was able to stab which saved her life. He was sentenced to ten years in prison and because of this attack, she started a charity that helped people who found themselves in situations that were dangerous and needed help. This book starts when the Detective on the case, David Willis, contacted Skye to let her know that Dr. Oliver ...more
Jane Stewart
Ok mystery with some suspense. Female victim gains skills and strength to protect herself from future attacks.

STORY BRIEF:
This is book 1 in the Last Stand Trilogy. The Last Stand is a victims-assistance charity, run by three women who devote their lives to helping victims. They don’t have time to date. Three years earlier, Oliver a serial-rapist-killer attacked Skye in her home. She survived by stabbing him with scissors near her bed. He is in jail but is getting out soon and plans to kill her.
Bette Stanek
Apr 12, 2015 Bette Stanek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a difficult one to rate. 3 or 4? 3 or 4? OK, I'll go with 4.

This is the first of Ms Novak's suspense books that I've read. Prior to this, I had only read her Whiskey Creek series, which btw if you haven't checked out, you need to do that. Anyway, Trust Me is the first in a trilogy centered around three women who have suffered abuse of one form or another. In order to deal with their abuses, they have opened The Last Stand, a center to help abused men and women. They aren't very popular
Willow
This is my first Novak. And all I can say is this: it kept me up at night, and there's not much higher praise I can personally give to a story. You know the books, the ones that have us so wrapped up in someone else's story that we can't bear to leave. I love those experiences. I'm grateful to any author that can do it.

This one is a romantic suspense, and it fits the bill. Those that expect their romances to be a majority of the story may be disappointed, but the chemistry between Skye and Davi
Ciara
Nov 29, 2011 Ciara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a little skeptic when I first started reading this book, because I had never read a book by Brenda Novak before, but after reading Trust Me Im glad I did! This book is so well written you feel like you actually there, not just watching from the sidelines. The characters are so real and relatable, and Novak did an excellen job in portraying their feelings to where you feel them too. Your heart will start pounding right along with Skyes when she learns that the man that raped and attempted t ...more
Barbara ★
Attempted rape victim, Skye Kellerman and two friends Jasmine and Sheridan (also victims) open a non-profit agency, The Last Stand, to help other victims. Oliver Burke (Skye's attacker) is out on parole in three years instead of 8-10 and once again, terrorizing Skye. Burke has promised to pay her back for her audacity in prosecuting him. Skye and detective David Willis do everything they can to protect her.

This series starter has many surprises and unexpected twists. A few that are truly shockin
Mandy Bookaholica
Dec 07, 2012 Mandy Bookaholica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-krimi
Brenda Novak hat es einfach drauf, mich in ihren Bann zu ziehen. Der Stil, in dem das Buch geschrieben wurde, ist angenehm und gut ausgebaut. Die Charaktere sind hervorragend durchdacht und lassen die Geschichte authentisch wirken.
Es ist zwar durchaus vorhersehbar, doch bleibt es bis zu den letzten Seiten spannend und fesselnd. Die Autorin schafft es außerdem auch hier wieder eine turbolente Liebesgeschichte einzufädeln, die mir an der einen oder anderen Stelle fast den Nerv raubte. Frau liebt M
Glenda Ricord
Nov 24, 2009 Glenda Ricord rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Very enjoyable. Fast read.

Here's a excerpt:

Four years ago...
But now...
Marianchu
Jan 14, 2016 Marianchu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado muchísimo. La trama de suspense impresionante de principio a fin. Me ha encantado como refleja los sentimientos de todos los personajes ya sean principales o secundarios. No pude evitar conectar con cada uno de ellos. Imposible decidirme por uno sólo, porque si David es un amor, Skye es valiente y del resto tendría que mencionarlos todos ya que no hay ni uno que sobre, todos cumplen un papel importante en la historia.
Puede sonar un poco macabro pero lo que más me gusta de esta auto
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
  • Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1)
  • Cold Truth (Truth #1; John Mancini #7)
  • After Dark (Griffin Powell, #1)
  • Killing Fear (Prison Break Trilogy, #1)
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil, #2)
  • No Escape (Delta Force, #3)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • One Last Breath (The Borderline #1)
  • First You Run (Bullet Catcher, #4)
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a
More about Brenda Novak...

The Last Stand (6 books)
  • Stop Me (The Last Stand, #2)
  • Watch Me (The Last Stand, #3)
  • The Perfect Couple (The Last Stand, #4)
  • The Perfect Liar (The Last Stand, #5)
  • The Perfect Murder (The Last Stand, #6)