Start by marking “DYING MOON” as Want to Read:
DYING MOON

DYING MOON

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Little did Kalen OrâWain, Captain of the Elven Royal Guard, know that, when his quiet evening at home was interrupted by a summons from the Elven Council, he would be thrust into a quest spanning realms to face off with a hated rival from his past. His rival, a corrupted rogue Elf intent on destroying the Elven Race, plans to complete a ritual that will turn the Moon, the ...more
Published May 6th 2009 by Lachesis Publishing (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about DYING MOON, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DYING MOON

Suspense Magazine
Debut novelist, Shawn Oetzel introduces readers to a fresh version of the fantasy genre as he transports otherworldly creatures straight into the heart of Los Angeles. One has arrived with vengeance and murder in his heart while the other faces the challenge of tracking this rogue elf to dole out his own personal version of justice. Oetzel makes it unmistakably clear early on, this final confrontation will be a life or death battle.

Kalen Or’Wain, Captain of the Elven Royal Guard, is prepared to
Donnie Light
I am so glad that I was introduced to the "Urban Fantasy" genre by the gifted author, Shawn Oetzel.
In his debut novel, Shawn weaves a fantastic tale that moves from the beautifully described world of the Elves, to the gritty streets of modern Los Angeles.
In this story, a powerful Elf has gone rogue and is bent on revenge. Dré Fao'Lain is gifted in the ways of Dark Magic, and his plot for revenge takes him to the Human realm where his plan begins to unfold. Many humans are being murdered as par
Donnie Light
Shawn Weaver
Taking the best of elvin fantasy and modern day detective novels, Shawn Oetzel makes Dying Moon a fast paced trip through the streets of Los Angeles. I found myself swept into the story immediately, and urging the stories hero, Kalen Or’Wain, and its heroine, Amy Sommers, to win over Kalen’s evil nemesis, Dre’ Fao’lain. Reaching the end of this high impact novel, I found myself wanting more, and I cannot wait for Shawn’s next novel to come out.
Shawn Weaver – Author of Dragon’s Chest
David Watson
I really enjoyed this one, I loved all of the characters especially the villan. I was actually kind of rooting for him, I would have liked to see more in the elven world, I'm hoping there will be a sequel that will take place there. I also loved the way the book ended. This book is definitly worth checking out.
Scott (GrilledCheeseSamurai)
If urban fantasy is your thing, than this is a book worth checking out. In a crowded genre, Shawn Oetzel most certainly gives us something all his own.
sonicbooming
sonicbooming marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012
Courtney Green
Courtney Green marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Evgueni K
Evgueni K marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2011
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2011
Shawn Oetzel
Jan 18, 2010 Shawn Oetzel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy
Shawn Oetzel, author of the new speculative fiction novel, Dying Moon was born and raised in Central Illinois where he still lives with his wife, three kids, and their frustratingly lovable pet pooch, Hemingway.

Shawn learned to read at an early age. While his peers were still seeing Dick, Jane, and Spot run, Shawn was devouring bestsellers and adult fiction at an alarming rate. This of course led
More about Shawn Oetzel...
Scrunchies from Hell The Adventures of Captain Kitchen The Agency Faith and a Hammer