Start by marking “Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology” as Want to Read:
Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology

Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology

Where should Christians go to heal the deep hurts in their hearts?

Today’s search for inner fulfillment has exploded into the Recovery movement, complete with twelve-step seminars, counseling programs, and self-help books. Thousands are looking to Christian psychology to help them attain victory over modern dysfunctions.

Does that mean the Bible alone is no longer adequate f
Published July 1st 1993 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology

Peter B.
Feb 25, 2016 Peter B. rated it liked it
Pretty good critique of modern psychology from a Christian perspective (arguing that they are incompatible and opposed to each other).
Lady
Jul 08, 2015 Lady rated it really liked it
An excellent eye-opening book. I will be much more cautious of psychologists from now on. I do however think there are certain areas that are more physiological where psychology can be beneficial but I am very weary now of "talk therapy" or consulting personally with a psychologist, even Christian psychologists who are trained firstly to help all people not just Christians. I am also weary now of any "self-help" books written by Christian Psychologists and when a counsellor insists on digging up ...more
Lori
Sep 21, 2007 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: theology, psychology
A must read for ANY Christian. It truly explains how psychology has NO business in the church or the lives of Christians and confirms completely that God's Word alone is sufficient to help us with all of our supposed "mental health" issues. Sin needs to be called sins, not diseases.

His style is amazing and captivating. Each chapter is subdivided into two parts. The first half deals with facts on the issues of psychology as it relates to Christianity and the second half is a fictional story in w
Yibbie
Aug 13, 2015 Yibbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: apologetics
Well written. The author lays out very clearly how Psychology even under the guise of 'Christian counseling' is not biblical. It is an easy read not to technical.
Alana
Apr 02, 2008 Alana rated it really liked it
I had to read this book for the first Biblical Counseling class I took, and it really influenced the way I looked at psychology. I had always sort of distrusted much of psychology, but this book opened my eyes to specific ways in which it is unbiblical. It also pointed out areas where it has crept into the church, to our great detriment. It's been a while since I read it, so there may be things in it with which I would disagree, but over all I would recommend it as a Biblical response to the wor ...more
Janet
Jan 27, 2013 Janet rated it it was amazing
Our heavenly Father -
In Christ Alone
Sola Scriptura
My All in All
the church says all the right things - but where does its faith lie? The Bible - Prayer - a journal - that is what it took. I tried counseling - and the prescribed drugs - in the end I was told I was broken and would remain broken. God had other plans. Trust God - Trust His word ~ Great book for understanding the place for psychology in the church.
Meagan
Mar 12, 2013 Meagan rated it liked it
This book was extremely insightful for me! I know very little about this matter of psychology. This book really opened my eyes to the dangers of it. The biggest question was, "Will you trust psychology over God's Word?" Does God's Word really have all the answers to life? Great book for a new perspective!
David Mattson
A very "weighty" book. Though there is good material, the book isn't an "easy" or a "quick-read."
Soaringspirit
Oct 22, 2009 Soaringspirit rated it it was amazing
Most excellent
Monica
Monica is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Terry
Terry added it
Aug 31, 2016
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Tamerhana
Tamerhana marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Diane Rogers anderson
Diane Rogers anderson marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Electric Bubbles
Electric Bubbles marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Jenny Hunter
Jenny Hunter marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Lars Hofstetter
Lars Hofstetter marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Rebekah Givens
Rebekah Givens rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Jon Tyte
Jon Tyte rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Aubry
Aubry rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2016
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2016
Sushmita Subedi
Sushmita Subedi marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Kristopher
Kristopher marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Edward
Edward marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
TamaraBainter
TamaraBainter rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Rebekah Fish
Rebekah Fish marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015