Start by marking “Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology” as Want to Read:
Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology

Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Where should Christians go to heal the deep hurts in their hearts?

Today's search for inner fulfillment has exploded into the Recovery movement, complete with twelve-step seminars, counseling programs, and self-help books. Thousands are looking to Christian psychology to help them attain victory over modern dysfunctions.

Does that mean the Bible alone is no longer adequate f
Published July 1st 1993 by Harvest House Publishers (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why Christians Can't Trust Psychology

Peter B.
Pretty good critique of modern psychology from a Christian perspective (arguing that they are incompatible and opposed to each other).
Lori
A must read for ANY Christian. It truly explains how psychology has NO business in the church or the lives of Christians and confirms completely that God's Word alone is sufficient to help us with all of our supposed "mental health" issues. Sin needs to be called sins, not diseases.

His style is amazing and captivating. Each chapter is subdivided into two parts. The first half deals with facts on the issues of psychology as it relates to Christianity and the second half is a fictional story in w
Alana
I had to read this book for the first Biblical Counseling class I took, and it really influenced the way I looked at psychology. I had always sort of distrusted much of psychology, but this book opened my eyes to specific ways in which it is unbiblical. It also pointed out areas where it has crept into the church, to our great detriment. It's been a while since I read it, so there may be things in it with which I would disagree, but over all I would recommend it as a Biblical response to the wor ...more
Janet
Our heavenly Father -
In Christ Alone
Sola Scriptura
My All in All
the church says all the right things - but where does its faith lie? The Bible - Prayer - a journal - that is what it took. I tried counseling - and the prescribed drugs - in the end I was told I was broken and would remain broken. God had other plans. Trust God - Trust His word ~ Great book for understanding the place for psychology in the church.
Meagan
This book was extremely insightful for me! I know very little about this matter of psychology. This book really opened my eyes to the dangers of it. The biggest question was, "Will you trust psychology over God's Word?" Does God's Word really have all the answers to life? Great book for a new perspective!
David Mattson
David Mattson is currently reading it
May 27, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Laura Smoot
Laura Smoot marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Io Semplicemente io
Io Semplicemente io marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Mina Medhat
Mina Medhat marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Liz
Liz is currently reading it
Nov 05, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Robert Reece
Robert Reece marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Sarah Callender
Sarah Callender marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Teresa
Teresa is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Only God Can Heal The Wounded Heart How Big Is Your God: Finding a Faith That Really Works A Biblical Guide to Counseling the Sexual Addict