Start by marking “Fever Hill (Daughters of Eden Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Fever Hill (Daughters of Eden Trilogy #2)

Fever Hill (Daughters of Eden Trilogy #2)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The second novel in the ravishing Eden trilogy set amongst the lush and decaying sugar plantations of Jamaica.

Nothing about Sophie Monroe is ‘appropriate’. She's too outspoken, too determined, and her childhood hero, Ben Kelly, grew up in appalling poverty in the London slums.

Her only haven is Eden, the hauntingly beautiful plantation in Jamaica, where her sister Madeleine
Published July 6th 2005 by Corgi Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Fever Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fever Hill

Redfox5
Jun 25, 2011 Redfox5 rated it really liked it
Much better than I thought it would be. I judged this on its cover and wasn't thrilled about reading it. Now I think I'll have to get hold of the first and the thrid one. The world has changed so much from the late 1800's/early 1900's. I can't even imagen things being like that with so much emphases on your class and race(tho I know it still goes on). Although I did like Sophie as a main character I actually perfered Evie. I can only hope her story is told in one of the other books. Good read.
Cindy
Feb 10, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vuurvlinder is het tweede deel in de Eden-trilogie, maar is prima op zichzelf te lezen. Het is een meeslepend verhaal over het vroegere Jamaica en de heersende klassenverschillen die zijn overgebleven na afloop van het slaventijdperk. En hoewel iedereen uit de hogere klasse zich degelijk voor wil doen, spelen wraak en afgunst daar een grote rol en zit een schandaal in een klein hoekje. Sophie wordt als een erg innemend hoofdpersonage neergezet en je kunt je als lezer dan ook gemakkelijk inleven ...more
Dani Angel
Feb 27, 2016 Dani Angel rated it liked it
Just OK for me, I struggled through it, it didn't keep my attention, out of all the characters, the best developed was Ben.
Josie
Nov 04, 2007 Josie rated it it was amazing
I wasn't expecting to like this as much as The Shadow Catcher because it focuses on Sophie, not Madeleine, but I think in the end I liked Sophie more than her sister. I know Madeleine just wants to do the right thing, but Sophie doesn't want to let society's expectations and opinions stop her from doing what she wants to do, which you've got to admire. This story was desperately sad in parts, but also moving and funny, and I couldn't stop thinking about it after I'd finished reading it.
Marita
Jan 14, 2014 Marita rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Šī grāmata ir turpinājums pirms gada lasītajai šis autores grāmata "Ēnu gūstā" par Monro māsām. Varbūt pat ir labi, ka starp abām daļā bija tik liels laika periods,jo ja būtu lasījusi uzreiz pēc pirmās kopsavilkuma nodaļu, tad iespējams iespaids būtu pavisam savādāks, tomēr šajā reizē, tas patīkami atsvaidzināja atmiņā pagājušos notikumus.
Tieši tāpat kā pirmā daļa tik pat viegli lasījās un sižets patiesi aizrāva.
Fareeha
Aug 27, 2008 Fareeha rated it did not like it
Read only the first three chapters and they were enough to convince me that it was a rambling, boring tale. Even the protagonists were 'forcing' their relationship (and I don't mean it literally the way it sounds :P!)
CLM
Jul 27, 2007 CLM rated it it was amazing
Outstanding historical fiction. Unfortunately, the author now seems to be concentrating on a sort of juvenile version of Jean Auel.
NannaD89
Rena67
Rena67 marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Odreka Amira
Odreka Amira marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Imogen
Imogen rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Karin
Karin rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Dizzie
Dizzie added it
Apr 01, 2016
Eilidh
Eilidh rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Voodooenglishman
Voodooenglishman marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Tamjid Ahmed
Tamjid Ahmed marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Zala Pregelj
Zala Pregelj marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Rafsan Jaman
Rafsan Jaman marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Penny
Penny added it
Feb 21, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Yvonne Murdoch
Yvonne Murdoch marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Jacqui Liddell
Jacqui Liddell marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Béibhínn Rose Gurei
Béibhínn Rose Gurei marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Carol Griffin
Carol Griffin rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Alice Xing
Alice Xing marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
  • Vals Alarm
  • The Maltese Angel
  • A Rose for Lancaster
  • The High Sheriff of Huntingdon
  • Everybody Jam
  • Survivor: Auschwitz, the Death March and my Fight for Freedom
  • The Tudor Wife
  • There'll Be Blue Skies (Beach View Boarding House, #1)
  • Die Dienstagsfrauen (Die Dienstagsfrauen #1)
  • Mother of Pearl
  • Shields of Pride
  • The Pirate Captain: Chronicles of a Legend (Nor Silver, #1)
  • When I Fell from the Sky: The True Story of One Woman's Miraculous Survival
  • Madensky Square
  • Malcolm X Man and His Times
  • To My Best Friends.
  • Henry VIII, Wolfman
  • Alles is zoals het zou moeten zijn
119755
Michelle Paver was born in Central Africa, but came to England as a child. After gaining a degree in Biochemistry from Oxford University, she became a partner in a City law firm, but eventually gave that up to write full-time.

The hugely successful Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series arose from Michelle's lifelong passion for animals, anthropology and the distant past - as as well as an encounter
More about Michelle Paver...

Daughters of Eden Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Shadow Catcher (Daughters of Eden Trilogy #1)
  • The Serpent's Tooth