Veretti's Dark Vengeance

Veretti's Dark Vengeance (Royal and Ruthless #2)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Arrogant Italian nobleman Salvatore Veretti is furious to hear that a young, beautiful model has inherited the company that was rightfully his. Clearly she's after the family gold Salvatore will heartlessly reclaim what he's owed--and he'll show this impudent female just how out of her depth she is.
But after meeting naively determined Helena, Salvatore changes tactics.......more
Published August 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents Extra (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Veretti's Dark Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veretti's Dark Vengeance

AgentScully
This was a reread for me and I loved it even more than I did the first time. Everything just worked for me in this story. The plot was good, the pacing was good, the writing was smooth, the dialogue was clever, and the setting was marvellous. I loved the details of the Venice setting and the ceremony of "marriage" to the sea. The glassmaking details were fun but not overwhelming.

Salvatore and Helena are at odds because she has inherited her dead husband Antonio's (Salvatore's father's cousin) s...more
Holly
I really liked this but I preferred them fighting over their playing nice. And I dont know where the "Dark Vengeance" part took place. Unless you count giving a woman multiple orgasms as punishment. If so I wish someone would pursue some "Dark Vengeance" towards me. lol
Vanessa
Mareli
This story is a bit lacking in passion. It was a bit boring for me.
I liked both of them, normal and intellingent people. I like her not a doormat and he not a bully, they were really nice.
I found the plot not spontaneous though, they were acting strangely here and there for being people using their brains. And I didn't like the ending.

I loved her late husband. My favourite character of the story!
But I didn't understand the title. What was that Veretti's dark revenge?

Leona
I never thought I would write this in an HP review, but I wish the author had put more angst, revenge, and ruthlessness into the story. It could have helped heat up the pages a bit. This was a nice love story, but frankly a little boring. It felt like it was just one big date in Venice. Even the misunderstanding was watered down.

The positives are: the heroine was not TSTL or a doormat. In fact, she was brilliant in business, gorgeous, and could manipulate against the best of them! The hero was a...more
Ladyacct
Different kind of romance from start to finish. Kept me interested from the first page.
Bernadette Rowley
I really enjoyed this story of a woman battling against male dominated Venetian society, trying to succeed in her inherited glass empire. There was a lot of open and also sexual conflict between the main characters that I loved. Well worth a read!
RomanticBookLover
Very, very nice. I liked it. But the author needs work hard building the sex scenes because are very very simple.
Samm.
Samm. marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Varsha Muthoor
Varsha Muthoor marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Jovana
Jovana marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Milena Djaletic
Milena Djaletic marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Debra Fulton
Debra Fulton marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Bibi Olisa
Bibi Olisa marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
fiasco
fiasco marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Christine Sparks was born in England, UK. She wanted to be a writer all her life, and began by working on a British women's magazine. As a features writer, she gained a wide variety of experience. She interviewed some of the world's most attractive and interesting men, including Warren Beatty, Richard Chamberlain, Charlton Heston, Sir Roger Moore, Sir Alec Guiness.

Single life was so enjoyable that...more
More about Lucy Gordon...
Jodoh Sang Jutawan Italia (Counts of Calvani , #2) Wife by Arrangement / Kekasih yang Sesungguhnya  (Italian Grooms, #1) Belahan Jiwa Sang Playboy (Counts of Calvani , #1) Cinta Sejati Sang Miliarder (The Counts of Calvani #3) Calon Istri Idaman (Bride By Choice) - Italian Grooms, #3