Start by marking “Just Me in the Tub (Mercer Mayer's Little Critter)” as Want to Read:
Just Me in the Tub (Mercer Mayer's Little Critter)

Just Me in the Tub (Little Critter)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  15,563 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Tub time is fun time with Little Critter! Children will discover the secrets of having good, clean fun as they enjoy the antics of Little Critter in his warm and cozy bath. Full color.
Library Binding, 22 pages
Published June 2001 by Topeka Bindery (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Just Me in the Tub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Me in the Tub

The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring LowreyThe Monster at the End of this Book by Jon StoneThe Little Engine That Could by Watty PiperThe Color Kittens by Margaret Wise BrownThe Saggy Baggy Elephant by Kathryn Jackson
37th out of 122 books — 81 voters
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussEli the Minnow and The Coral Cave Adventure by David L. SterlingHoles by Louis SacharThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.
9th out of 108 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

Jason Koivu
***Read and reviewed with my niece Emma***

There's a certain lack of excitement in these books by Gina and Mercer Mayer, and yet we are absolutely enamored of them. I don't know what it is, but reading these makes Emma chill right out. She's all squirmy during hair-raising tales like The Gingerbread Man, but when we read one of these she becomes as cool as a little Fonzy. Maybe it's the main character's nonchalance or his drowsy, half-lidded eyes that lull her into a pleasant, near coma. Maybe sh
"Taking a bath can be a real job. But it always makes me feel warm and cozy."

—From Just Me in the Tub

Combining showing what not to do as well as what to do at bath time, Gina and Mercer Mayer let their famous and beloved Little Critter do the explaining of how to take a bath and what fun it can be.

A bath is primarily for getting clean, Little Critter knows, but there's more to it than that. A properly fun bath requires plenty of toys in the water, and maybe a ring of stuffed animals around
Kayla Payton
Reading Level: Preschool-1st Grade

From reading, Just Me in the Tub, children will discover the secrets of having good, clean fun as they enjoy watching a fictional little critter take a warm and cozy bath before bed time. However, the ending is sweet and adorable where the little critter goes to cuddle with his parents after being a big boy and taking a bath all by himself. This is a perfect book for very young children to have read to them because it teaches them how to take a bath and what th
Robert J
This Little Critter book by Mercer Mayer is an easy read for young children and can be used to encourage those who are reluctant about bath time. Having fun at bath time as well as bath safety is promoted. The whole Little Critter collection deals with different issues and/or fears that young children encounter. In that respect they remind me of the Berenstain Bears series of books.
Camille Rivera
This book follows Little Critter as he tells the reader about how he takes a bath. He takes the reader step by step from turning on the water, to playing in the bath tub, to the process of cleaning everything up. The illustrations of this book are very charming and invite the reader into Little Critter's world which is so relatable to a child's. The wonderful illustrations really animate Little Critter and makes his basic activities more fun. Though I wouldn't say this book is my absolute favori ...more
Brent Rogers
This is a fun book for children because taking a bath can be fun, while also getting clean. Little Critter plays with toys while he bathes, as I’m sure many children do. This book also teaches that it is important to always put your toys away and clean up any mess you have made after taking a bath.
Sam Samuleasdaiufaiufb
sucks so much this book needs to be burned what is it about i don't know its about some idit fuz face eating his own bath what kind of story is that so dum 0.000004/1000
Michele Olson
The Little Critter series was a favorite of my son and now his own daughter. I'd say that it stood the test of time.
Basic plot: Little Critter takes a bath all by himself!

This was another adorable installment of the Little Critter books where Critter describes how he does a big boy task "on his own." I put that in quotes because while he describes correct actions and what he *should* be doing, the pictures tell a somewhat different story. It's funny, though, and gives kids a sense of what they should be doing nonetheless. I love these stories, and think they have lots of value for both parents and children.
I love the little critter stories, there are so many to choose from, some about mom, some about dads, grandmas and grandpas, annoying siblings, bad dreams, being afraid of the dark. You're bound to find one that your kids will enjoy.
Tara Geske
I really love this book! I remember reading it when I was a child. This is a perfect book for very young children to have read to them because it teaches them how to take a bath and what they should do and why you do it.
This book is great for children especially when they learn to start reading. It teaches great morals and ideals for everyone to have and great general life lessons.
This is a great book to read with kids I work with at schools and they always seem to enjoy it, their are a few books like this and this is one of them.
Cute book. Just what you'd expect from a little critter. It's a nice story for showing kids they can be independent and make bath time and really bed time fun.
Little Critter certainly makes bath time interesting--and messy. Very realistic--but with a sweet ending with him cuddling with his parents.
This is a realistic ficiton book about the importance of hygiene . It's best for younger elementary students. 5 stars because I love it.
I enjoyed reading many of these Mercer Mayer books to my little sister, they are fun and the little critters are so cute!
Mar 03, 2013 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
45 months - Other than I hope it doesn't encourage a child to take a bath unattended by an adult this is a fun story.
Our whole family simply loves the critter series. The illustrations are wonderful and the writing is so witty.

Mercer Mayer is a long time favorite going back to our childhoods...lucky to share with our little critter.
Little Critter takes a bath all by himself. Warning: He makes a bit of a mess! But don't worry, he cleans it up.
Lori Tatar
A great book for preschoolers, it makes bathtime easy and fun, something they will actually want to do!
I always find the Little Critter books enjoyable, and this one is no exception. A fun tale about bathtime.
Though I read this as a child, I found it helpful for my current hygene...
Delia Hamlin
Didn't folllow the timber of the other books.
I love these books and the illustrations
i think the that book is alson
A great children's story
I love these books.
Great series
  • Just Me and My Mom (Little Critter)
  • The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School
  • Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Curious George Visits the Library
  • Clifford's Halloween

Little Critter (1 - 10 of 171 books)
  • Just for You (Little Critter)
  • Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter)
  • The New Baby (Little Critter)
  • All by Myself
  • I Was So Mad
  • Just Go to Bed
  • Just Grandma and Me
  • Just Grandpa and Me (Little Critter)
  • Me Too! (Little Critter)
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad (Little Critter)
Just a Bully Trick or Treat, Little Critter (Little Critter) Q & A Just Lost! (Little Critter) The New Potty (Little Critter)