Start by marking “The Arctic Patrol Mystery (Hardy Boys, #48)” as Want to Read:
The Arctic Patrol Mystery (Hardy Boys, #48)

The Arctic Patrol Mystery (Hardy Boys #48)

3.79  ·  Rating Details ·  1,105 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Private investigator Fenton Hardy enlists the aid of his teenage detective sons in a search for a missing man being sought by an insurance company. All leads to the sailor's whereabouts have petered out and the boys fly to Iceland, the man's native land, hoping to find a new clue. From the moment Frank and Joe arrive in Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland, they are in c ...more
Published January 1st 1969 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Arctic Patrol Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Arctic Patrol Mystery

The Golden Compass by Philip PullmanA Christmas Carol by Charles DickensThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisLittle Women by Louisa May AlcottThe Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Winter Reads
280th out of 411 books — 380 voters

More lists with this book...

Deborah
May 09, 2014 Deborah rated it really liked it
Shelves: abby-reads
Abby says: This was really exciting because they were in Iceland and their friends were kidnapped. The boys also found another person who'd been kidnapped and my favourite part was when a bomb exploded in a cave. This was one of my favourite Hardy Boy bookslll so far!
Richard Ward
Nov 09, 2014 Richard Ward rated it liked it
It's 1969, and the Hardy Boys don't go to Woodstock. Instead, their father sends them to Iceland to find a missing person. They find two, not counting friends Chet and Biff who come along and need rescuing before it's over. The Hardys also save NASA from a huge loss, while making new Icelandic friends. The ghostwriter, Andrew E. Svenson (1910-1975), injects some educational value into the book by using it to teach young readers about Icelandic geography and culture. I don't how typical this is f ...more
John
Dec 13, 2012 John rated it liked it
I haven't read a Hardy Boys story since I was a lad. I needed a fast read while I waited for my next book to come in from the library. I must say, the books hold up over the years. Sure they are formulaic and there are some unbelievable moments necessary to move the story along quickly, but it is a fun read and I must admit I learned a bit about Iceland reading this.
Ben Kanieski
Oct 22, 2011 Ben Kanieski rated it it was amazing
Title: The Arctic Patrol Mystery
Author: Franklin W. Dixon
Date Published: 1997, 1969
Genre: Mystery

Two Young Detectives are the sons of a real detective. Their mission in this story is to give a man that lives in Iceland, 50 thousand dollars. On the way, they forget materials to bring for the trip and fell into a lot of traps. It looked like they had the real man, but it turned out to be a set up trap. Finally they found the real man, but their friends are in trouble. They find disguises and are
Student
Jan 05, 2010 Student rated it it was amazing
Caleb
Feb 11, 2016 Caleb rated it it was amazing
I liked reading this story a lot. In this book in the "Hardy Boys" series, Frank and Joe are sent on a captivating mystery to the arctic. There are a lot of people who are around and seem to be following them. They will have to make tough decisions on who to trust.

When you read this book it will take you on an adventure that has a several ups and downs. This mystery is intriguing because they travel to Iceland to locate a missing person and stumble upon something else while they are there!
Jessica  Van Tassell
Sep 10, 2016 Jessica Van Tassell rated it really liked it
Sometimes you just need a old-fashioned book that reminds you of why you loved to read as a child. Clean, predictable and yet still entertaining, all the while putting a smile on my face.
Old
May 09, 2016 Old rated it really liked it
Interesting book with lots of danger. Story is set in the arctic circle. I read it on a hot day and was refreshed.
R.A.
Jul 31, 2015 R.A. rated it it was ok
They go to Iceland! Very cool.
Reading done by Anna♥
Aug 09, 2016 Reading done by Anna♥ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-that-i-own
Funny and exciting book!
Edward Davies
This was the Hardy Boys book that taught me how Icelandic surnames are formed. I can't believe that! I always wondered how I knew, and re-reading this taught me again! There's a bit more action than normal in this one, though Chet seemed to have only gone with the brothers to Iceland in order to screw things up and get kidnapped. He disappears for half the book, and only turns back up to show off his karate skills!
Samir
Nov 14, 2010 Samir rated it it was amazing
Shelves: advisory-2010-11
Of all the books that I have read by the author this by far is the most confusing one that I have laid eyes on. It is only in the last two or three chapters that the whole story is pieced together. I only understood when I got to the end that I understood what happened with all the planes and phonies everywhere. It just takes time so don't quit if you just started reading it. You will be happy.
Zack Woodruff
Mar 04, 2011 Zack Woodruff rated it it was amazing
this book is a really good book. i think that you all should read it. i really liked how it was really in detail. and its a easy read. and anyone who likes mistery book and books that make you want to read on. youll like this book. it goes from the boys being at home from them beiing in a cave tryin to save the professor. i really recomend this book to everyone
Kristín
Dec 30, 2015 Kristín rated it liked it
I used to love the Hardy brothers when I was a kid. I think it's best not to re-read as a grown-up the stories one loved as a kid. They don't always hold up to the memory. It was fun reading this though. Particularly since the book happens in Iceland around the time I was born there.
David
Apr 11, 2011 David rated it really liked it
When I was still schooling, I tried to read all of the Hardy Boys books. I didn't come close to finishing the whole series, and by now I had already forgot most of the content of those that I had read. But I do recall how much I loved reading each and every one of them.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
The classic boy detectives by Frank Dixon--I read ALL of them in my younger years, one I ran out of Nancy Drew books. The Hardy Boys, Frank and Joe, are brother amateur detectives, aspiring to follow in their father's footsteps.
Haroon Shareef
Dec 11, 2015 Haroon Shareef rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb Book..Really loved it...Fun to read
Abigail
Feb 13, 2013 Abigail rated it really liked it
I Really liked this book....
I Enjoy the Hardy boy mysteries there very good.
I am collecting them! :D
thought this one was really good, though there all really good!!
Valkyrie Oracle
My book has the same cover as shown in this listing but was published in 1997.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it
I seem to remember this one as one of the more exotic installments.
Brandon O'Neill
Jan 03, 2012 Brandon O'Neill rated it really liked it
Shelves: youthlit
Good read of my favorite series as a youngster.
Marts  (Thinker)
Nov 28, 2007 Marts (Thinker) rated it really liked it
Missing sailor, NASA secrets... exciting adventure!
pretzels2

Oct 30, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Fernando
Fernando rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Bnsk
Bnsk marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
  • The Last Resort (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys: Super Mystery #5)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #2: Identity Theft
  • Meg and the Disappearing Diamonds
  • Heather Takes the Reins (Magic Attic Club, #11)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 190 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)