Start by marking “The Wailing Siren Mystery (Hardy Boys, #30)” as Want to Read:
The Wailing Siren Mystery (Hardy Boys, #30)

The Wailing Siren Mystery (Hardy Boys #30)

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  1,358 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 1/1/1951 Pages: 192 Reading Level: Age 8 and Up
Published January 1st 1951 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Wailing Siren Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wailing Siren Mystery

Spencer Byrne
Hardy Boys: The Wailing Siren Mystery. By Franklin W. Dixon,the book is about two brothers Joe Hardy and Frank Hardy have to find out where a load of rifles were loaded on to a wailing ship that got away because the Harry's mother boat ran out of gas. Throughout the entire book the author explanes how the hardy boys try to figure out the wailing siren mystery.
While on they were on their adventures the boys went into the woods to look for clues. They come across two lumberjacks one was digging
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
The classic boy detectives by Frank Dixon--I read ALL of them in my younger years, one I ran out of Nancy Drew books. The Hardy Boys are brother amateur detectives, aspiring to follow in their famous father's footsteps.
The two boys live in the fictional city of Bayport (on Barmet Bay) with their famous father, Fenton Hardy, a private detective formerly with the New York Police Department, their mother Laura Hardy (erroneously called Mildred in The Flying Express), and their Aunt Gertrude, a char
Bruce Wayne
Jan 02, 2017 Bruce Wayne rated it did not like it
The Hardy Boys is a mystery series. And mystery series must have a plot twist or two. That is necessary. But in this book, the excessive number of character and plot twists completely detracted from the story. Eventually, I could not tell what was going on in the story, turning this book into something I would not read out of choice. However, even with this major detraction, the plot was very gripping. So, if someone really wanted to read this book, I would redirect them to a detailed 2-3 page p ...more
Frank
Reread of a childhood favorite.
Caleb
Sep 02, 2016 Caleb rated it it was amazing
In this mystery Frank, Joe and their friends try to track down a truck load of items stolen from their friend Chet. They find tire tracks leading them to a hidden location, but there is a lot of woods that they have to search through.

At the same time they are trying to figure this puzzle out, their father returns home from a trip and asks for their help on the secret government case that he is working on.

Will they be able to solve both mysteries at the same time with all the spying, following an
Edward Davies
This was definitely one of the weaker Hardy Boys mysteries. Fenton Hardy keeps information away from the police, but then later tells them when the counterfeiters are meant to show up. Coincidences abound as the Hardys go camping and come across the same gang who dropped a wallet full of counterfeit money from their helicopter. And why counterfeiters would deliver the money in a wallet in the first place is anybody’s guess, as that scenario is never addressed!
John
Feb 04, 2010 John added it
GNAR GNARBOOOK
ummmm its cool i guess
So the boys head up and solve a classic mystery withfun filled chapters that you wont be able to put down

bthe mystery is the place is in the woods the whole time

btw the hardy boys die
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Jim Thomas
Feb 21, 2016 Jim Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
These are not great books but they remind me of a great childhood I had. The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, Chip Hilton and the underrated Ken Holt mystery series all bring back wonderful memories.
Ron
Aug 27, 2013 Ron rated it it was amazing
Excellent series for young readers - highly recommended.
I read these books when I was 10 - 15 years of age.
Rebekah Murillo
Rebekah Murillo rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Abigail  Stutzman
Abigail Stutzman rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2017
Marci Sutmiller
Marci Sutmiller rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Amy Lambert
Amy Lambert rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2014
Sean L
Sean L rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
TJ
TJ rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2011
Callahan Jones
Callahan Jones rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Jack
Jack rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Matthew
Matthew rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2011
Nadine
Nadine rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Kisholi
Kisholi rated it it was ok
Nov 20, 2008
Praneet
Praneet rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Saad Qasim
Saad Qasim rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2013
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Rohith Koraganji
Rohith Koraganji rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Asher Boyer
Asher Boyer rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2013
Cecely
Cecely rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2009
Sarah rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2011
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
  • The Paris Connection  (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery #6)
  • The Bobbsey Twins and the Mystery at Snow Lodge (Bobbsey Twins, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
  • The Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #2: Identity Theft
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 190 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)