Start by marking “The Wailing Siren Mystery (Hardy Boys, #30)” as Want to Read:
The Wailing Siren Mystery (Hardy Boys, #30)

The Wailing Siren Mystery (The Hardy Boys #30)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  1,137 ratings  ·  17 reviews

Book Details: Format: Hardcover Publication Date: 1/1/1951 Pages: 192 Reading Level: Age 8 and Up
Published January 1st 1951 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about The Wailing Siren Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wailing Siren Mystery

Ingo by Helen DunmoreForgive My Fins by Tera Lynn ChildsThe Tail of Emily Windsnap by Liz KesslerSirena by Donna Jo NapoliHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Sea Creatures
412th out of 459 books — 728 voters

More lists with this book...

Spencer Byrne
Hardy Boys: The Wailing Siren Mystery. By Franklin W. Dixon,the book is about two brothers Joe Hardy and Frank Hardy have to find out where a load of rifles were loaded on to a wailing ship that got away because the Harry's mother boat ran out of gas. Throughout the entire book the author explanes how the hardy boys try to figure out the wailing siren mystery.
While on they were on their adventures the boys went into the woods to look for clues. They come across two lumberjacks one was digging
Edward Davies
This was definitely one of the weaker Hardy Boys mysteries. Fenton Hardy keeps information away from the police, but then later tells them when the counterfeiters are meant to show up. Coincidences abound as the Hardys go camping and come across the same gang who dropped a wallet full of counterfeit money from their helicopter. And why counterfeiters would deliver the money in a wallet in the first place is anybody’s guess, as that scenario is never addressed!
Catherine Woodman
The classic boy detectives by Frank Dixon--I read ALL of them in my younger years, one I ran out of Nancy Drew books. The Hardy Boys are brother amateur detectives, aspiring to follow in their famous father's footsteps.
The two boys live in the fictional city of Bayport (on Barmet Bay) with their famous father, Fenton Hardy, a private detective formerly with the New York Police Department, their mother Laura Hardy (erroneously called Mildred in The Flying Express), and their Aunt Gertrude, a char
John
Feb 05, 2010 John added it
GNAR GNARBOOOK
ummmm its cool i guess
So the boys head up and solve a classic mystery withfun filled chapters that you wont be able to put down

bthe mystery is the place is in the woods the whole time

btw the hardy boys die
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I think the Hardy Boy books helped me with learning deductive and inductive skills. I had to work through logic. Who knew? I enjoyed all these books.
Ron
Excellent series for young readers - highly recommended.
I read these books when I was 10 - 15 years of age.
Benjamin Plume
Ah, the sleuth. Perhaps a less conspicuous name would've got them in less trouble.
Bronson
Another fun Hardy Boys. I didn't enjoy this one as much as some of the others.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Early in the book Frank and Joe Hardy find 2,000 dollars in the ocean. KM
Marts  (Thinker)
Get trapped in storm with the Hardy Boys and solve a mystery
Dakota
A fun read. Every young man should know the Hardy Boys.
Meadow
Another Hardy Boyz Mystery. Not the best one though.
Caelesta
This review is of the original 25 chapter book.
Sol T
Awesome. one of my favorite series.
Kolan
read when I was 10 through 13
Vinod
My First Book
Jebin
Jun 17, 2011 Jebin added it
Loved it.
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Becca
Becca added it
May 09, 2015
Abhijeet
Abhijeet marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Dog (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #23)
  • The Ringmaster's Secret (Nancy Drew, #31)
  • The Mystery of the Deadly Double (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #28)
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • The Call of the Wild
  • The Mystery of the Kidnapped Whale (The Three Investigators, #35)
Franklin W. Dixon is the pen name used by a variety of different authors (Leslie McFarlane, a Canadian author, being the first) who wrote The Hardy Boys novels for the Stratemeyer Syndicate (now owned by Simon & Schuster). This pseudonym was also used for the Ted Scott Flying Stories series.
More about Franklin W. Dixon...

The Hardy Boys (1 - 10 of 241 books)
  • The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2)
  • The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3)
  • The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)
  • Hunting for Hidden Gold (Hardy Boys, #5)
  • The Shore Road Mystery (Hardy Boys, #6)
  • The Secret of the Caves (Hardy Boys, #7)
  • The Mystery of Cabin Island (Hardy Boys, #8)
  • The Great Airport Mystery (Hardy Boys, #9)
  • What Happened at Midnight (Hardy Boys, #10)
The Tower Treasure (Hardy Boys, #1) The House on the Cliff (Hardy Boys, #2) The Secret of the Old Mill (Hardy Boys, #3) Hardy Boys Complete Series Set Books 1-66 (The Hardy Boys #1-66) The Missing Chums (Hardy Boys, #4)