Start by marking “Celtic Maidens” as Want to Read:
Celtic Maidens

Celtic Maidens

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
A powerful and supernatural tale of love, lives and obsession set against the dramatic scenery of the Welsh Mountains.

Celtic Maidens tells the story of Siân Derwyn whose life holds few pleasures except for her friends, her interest in local folklore and the standing stones until the day that Ryan Ackley arrives in her remote Welsh village.

Siân and Ryan are reincarnations o
Published August 2nd 2010 by Melrose Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Celtic Maidens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celtic Maidens

Cat Treadwell
Sep 13, 2012 Cat Treadwell rated it it was amazing
First of all: it’s so hard not to love this book. From the first moment, it sweeps you up in the telling, like a bard speaking a long-held tale by a cosy fireside. The characters come to life and before you know it, you’re rooting for them, the pages almost turning by themselves as you’re drawn into the world… of misty modern-day North Wales.

This is a contemporary tale, but with the echoes of history clearly felt as part and parcel of daily life. Ostensibly, it’s a simple romance, as two people
Kim
Mar 07, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it
I'd never heard of Ceri Norman before and I'm so glad I came across this book. The story had me gripped from the beginning - and I believe it's one time when my lack of Welsh history and knowledge did me good, I learnt a bit of history as well as enjoying a really good book. The characters are believable and I squirmed in fear at places, as well as smiling and laughing appropriately. I didn't even see the complete ending coming, which is always a bonus. Great authour and a lovely book which is c ...more
Alison Jones
Jul 20, 2011 Alison Jones rated it it was amazing
Lots of lovely Welsh atmosphere that felt so real you could almost smell the public house and feel the wind on the mountains. The myths and legends were interesting and the characters felt like my family. I was almost back at home reading this one !
Kathy Wainwright
Jan 02, 2016 Kathy Wainwright rated it it was ok
I was actually a bit disappointed with this book. The premise was great but I couldn't empathise with the characters and I thought the writing was a bit stilted, hence the low star rating.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Oct 26, 2012 Merissa (Archaeolibrarian) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was given this book by a friend who knows of my love of "fantasy" books and folklore / mythology. This was an absolutely magnificent read that draws you in from the first page and keeps you guessing until the end. Exceedingly well written with characters you can associate with. I have to admit that my favourite part of the book is actually the location of Wales and therefore the folklore given is Welsh. It make such a refreshing change to read about Wales' history and not just Ireland.

Would hi
Daystar Daystar
Jan 16, 2011 Daystar Daystar rated it really liked it
I liked this book very much. The authour easily transports you to the wonderful setting of the Preseli mountains. The characterisation is very good and from the start I was able to connect with them. I was gripped from the first page and enjoyed the way the story unfolded in a gentle way but with undertones of menace to culminate in an exciting climax. The blend of mytholgy, history and mystery was skillfully done.
Sandra
Jan 02, 2013 Sandra rated it liked it
Sorry but I found this disappointing. I'd had this on my to-read list for some time and was looking forward to the reading when I was given a copy as a gift at Christmas. Alas, I felt that the author had overdone the magic and myth to a point where it became a turn-off. It's my opinion only of course but I felt that just a little fantasy was all that was needed and then the story would have remained feasible.
Angela
Apr 02, 2015 Angela rated it really liked it
This book reminded me of another I've read, and I think it's Barbara Erskine's On The Edge of Darkness. The spooky atmosphere was very good, and the pace towards the end of the book really got going! There was a little twist in the book regarding the identity of someone, which I didn't guess which ratcheted the tension up.
I can definitely recommend this book if you fancy a spooky read.
Amy
Aug 16, 2015 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, romance
Good story but the writing style could have been improved, I was cringing sometimes reading the dialogue.
Manisha Jehanno
Manisha Jehanno marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Pooja
Pooja rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Filippa
Filippa marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Miss J.P. Lock
Miss J.P. Lock rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Janelle Collins
Janelle Collins marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Ricarda
Ricarda marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Lyn
Lyn rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
Sarah-Jayne
Sarah-Jayne marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
Jacqui Munday
Jacqui Munday rated it it was ok
Sep 28, 2015
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Linda Isbill
Linda Isbill rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Vicky
Vicky rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2015
Down
Down added it
Oct 08, 2015
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Agnieszka Ramian
Agnieszka Ramian marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Nati
Nati marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Kathleen Cahill
Kathleen Cahill marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
This is my official biography. I hate writing about myself, I'd much rather be writing fiction!

From a young age Ceri Norman's love of mythology and history has inspired her. After gaining a degree studying History and English, Ceri worked in libraries and museums where she shared this love with the people she met and worked with. Seeing the pleasure that books and history brought to people, Ceri s
More about Ceri Norman...