Start by marking “Jedi Academy Trilogy (Star Wars)” as Want to Read:
Jedi Academy Trilogy (Star Wars)

Jedi Academy Trilogy (Star Wars)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  605 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Seven years after the founding of the New Republic, Princess Leia Organa Solo is Minister of State and has borne three Jedi children -- the twins, Jacen and Jaina, and baby Anakin. Han Solo is an official envoy for the new government, traveling the galaxy on diplomatic missions. And Luke has been given leave to seek out candidates for a Jedi Academy that will not only hera ...more
Published 1994 by GuildAmerica Books

To ask other readers questions about Jedi Academy Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jedi Academy Trilogy

Britt
Jul 02, 2009 Britt rated it it was ok
I read these as separate books, but it's easier to record it this way... Okay, am I the only person that thinks Kevin J. Anderson is to Star Wars what Rachel Ray is to cooking? I can't stand his writing style... It's just too corny, even for Star Wars.
Kari
Aug 19, 2012 Kari rated it did not like it
I found these books really disappointing. Poorly plotted, starting with the introduction of a Mary-Sue character named Kyp Durron, who is *stronger* in the Force than Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. Add to that we also get a weapon that one ups the Deathstar in the Suncrusher, and it just feels like Anderson couldn't come up with anything, so he decided to one-up Lucas.

And then there is the villain, Admiral Daala. So we're supposed to believe that she was given the command of a fleet of Star Destroy
Jim Bob
Feb 26, 2015 Jim Bob rated it it was ok
Not the worst of the extended universe books I've read but certainly nowhere near the top half. Characters are bland and 2 dimensional, the dialogue/narrative is poor and repetative, and well established characters behave in ways which are not in keeping with their character traits.

I usually get immersed when reading Star Wars books but found myself regularly skimming these ones.
Patrick
Nov 02, 2010 Patrick rated it really liked it
I though that this was a really good book. It took it past the high bar that the movies had set. Though there were some flaws in the ideas, It was well rounded and it peaked my interest. I would recommend it only after you have seen the original movies.
Dannie Stockman
Oct 05, 2013 Dannie Stockman rated it it was amazing
Very good from start to finish. One of my favorite trilogies in the Expanded Universe!
Taran
Oct 29, 2012 Taran rated it it was amazing
This book is a great Star Wars addition.
Jose L Rivera
Sep 22, 2012 Jose L Rivera rated it it was ok
This trilogy was bad and Kevin Anderson should feel bad. Aside from the Han story from the first book most of the time it feels like characters just shuffling from A to B.

There's no way for anyone to take the bad guys seriously on these books. Daala, who's made to look like this badass super Admiral who runs her crew like clockwork, loses every single battle she's in and never against the main characters. Exar Kun was defeated by hugs from side characters. Kyp's fall could've been handled way b
Sebastien
Dec 05, 2011 Sebastien rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fan de Star Wars
Recommended to Sebastien by: Darksaber
Shelves: star-wars
Après avoir lu Darksaber, je suis tomber amoureux du style de l'auteur et je voulais en avoir plus. Comme mon amis n'avait pas l'intention de faire venir ce livre (que je voulais lire absolument), j'ai décidé de m'abonner au SC-Fiction Book Club. J'ai commander 7 libre qui me revenaient à environt 3.50$ chaque (1$ par livre, + taxe + livraison) et l'un de ceux-là était Jedi Academy Trilogy.

Sachant que c'était le roman avant Darksaber dans la chronologie j'avais beaucoup d'attentes et autant j'en
LOL_BOOKS
LOL I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE ACTUALLY ADMITTED THAT TO ANOTHER PERSON. JEDI ACADEMY IS TRASH.

WHICH EU BOOKS SHOULD I READ BESIDES THRAWN?

I SUPPOSE MEMER SHOULD ALSO READ THE JEDI ACADEMY TRILOGY, BUT THAT'S NOT LOLARIOUS. YOU JUST NEED TO UNDERSTAND OUR RAGE.
Taylor
May 09, 2011 Taylor rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This is a really rare book to find currently in good condition. It was only available to members of the science fiction book club for a limited time, while the general public got it broken into a trilogy of paperbacks. The first time ever this was done with star wars, previously the Lando trilogy was released in paperback and only 15 years later put into larger formats.

Daniel Kukwa
Jan 28, 2011 Daniel Kukwa rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Very enjoyable and suitably epic. After Timothy Zahn, Kevin J. Anderson should always be the go-to-author if you desire exciting, breathtaking stories that come with a firm & intellignet grasp of the Star Wars universe and its cast of characters.
Eric
Jun 24, 2007 Eric rated it liked it
Recommends it for: geeks
yes, I'm still a Star Wars geek! I wanted know what happens after return of the jedi! hahaha! It is paced just like the movies, and refers back to the original trilogy. An entertaing read if you are a Star Wars dork like me.
Adam
Oct 19, 2011 Adam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this series over the summer. The first book was a bit slow, but it picked up about half way through and the last two books kept the story moving.
Amy
Jan 04, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I got a little tired of hearing "the resurrected Emperor". I wish he'd not mentioned it at all.
Jedi Knight Muse
Don't remember a whole lot.
Le
Le marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Jeff Ross
Jeff Ross rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Craig Rielly
Craig Rielly marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Mournblade94
Mournblade94 rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Kevin Cook
Kevin Cook rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Steve Dilks
Steve Dilks marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Bin
Bin rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Gen
Gen added it
Jan 28, 2016
John Schepens
John Schepens marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Matt Pepple
Matt Pepple marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Olivia
Olivia rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2016
  • Agents of Chaos (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, 4 & 5)
  • Star Wars: The Han Solo Omnibus: The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, Rebel Dawn (AU Star Wars)
  • Union (Star Wars)
  • Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
  • The Corellian Trilogy
  • Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #2)
  • Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)
  • Reunion (Force Heretic, #3) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #17)
  • The Han Solo Adventures (Classic Star Wars)
  • A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
  • Yoda: Dark Rendezvous (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #7)
  • The Joiner King (Star Wars: Dark Nest, #1)
  • Jedi Quest
  • The Last Command (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy Graphic Novels, #3)
  • Shadow Hunter (Star Wars: Darth Maul, #2)
  • Crosscurrent (Star Wars)
  • Survivor's Quest (Star Wars)
  • Rebel Dream (Enemy Lines, #1) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #11)
Pseudonyms: Gabriel Mesta, K.J. Anderson

He has written spin-off novels for Star Wars, StarCraft, Titan A.E., and The X-Files, and is the co-author of the Dune prequels. His original works include the Saga of Seven Suns series and the Nebula Award-nominated Assemblers of Infinity. He has also written several comic books including the Dark Horse Star Wars collection Tales of the Jedi written in coll
More about Kevin J. Anderson...