Start by marking “God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved” as Want to Read:
God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved

God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  276 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Do you know how much you matter to God?
In this powerful and deeply vulnerable book, Beth Redman writes to pass along a message that changed her life—that the God who made us also understands us intimately and proclaims our worth by naming us and calling our name. He hears our cries and reaches out to help us and fight for us. He knows our past but is already hard at work
Published July 1st 2010 by David C. Cook (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about God Knows My Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Knows My Name

Nicole Pramik
To be honest, this was closer to a 1 1/2 star for me. Yes, the main topics that Redman touches on are well-explained and organized and utilize Scripture properly for support and encouragement. However, I felt the chapters were a bit repetitive and the overall delivery was a little too basic as this tends to read and be formatted more like a devotional than a full-fledged book. Personally, I sense this might be better enjoyed or appreciated by new Christians or Christians who struggle with whethe ...more
Nora St Laurent
Jul 08, 2015 Nora St Laurent rated it it was amazing
Beth Redman says, "I want to share an amazing story of restoration, a story of hope that we all have and the truth that I pray will fill you with joy, freedom, and power! I want to shout out that God heals, restores His plans for you and utterly adores you! If we can truly breathe in that truth, we become free to live, free to give and free to love and accept both others and ourselves. Then, as you breathe in that truth out into a hurting and broken world that desperately needs this message of G ...more
Sunflower
Nov 28, 2010 Sunflower rated it it was amazing
“God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved” by Beth Redman is an amazing read that had me both in tears and just feeling strengthen in my journey and walk with our Heavenly Father.

A powerful, vulnerable and encouraging book, “God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved” is one of those books, I wouldn’t recommend unless you have several boxes of tissues on hands for it will leave you in tears of joy and heartwarming encouragement that YOU ARE LOVED and our Father does not and will
Janna
Oct 01, 2010 Janna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love when a non-fiction book comes along that really speaks to me and as I'm reading it I can think of people to recommend it to. God Knows My Name is just such a book. I have actually done a lot of study on this particular subject, what makes this book worthy of recommendation above some others I've read is how easy to read and understand it is. It clearly lays out who you are in Christ and what you mean to Him backed by lots of great scriptures and stories all by an amazing woman of God. I w ...more
Jodi Woody
Oct 04, 2015 Jodi Woody rated it it was amazing
"God Knows My Name" was a great book! Very encouraging and uplifting. Written by a woman who didn't let her past dictate her future, (she is married to Matt Redman who has written countless worship songs). I can recommend this book to women age 16 and up. Though it is geared toward the female gender, I think anyone who struggles with insecurity or an abusive childhood would benefit from reading it. I give it five stars and loved it.
Chris
May 13, 2013 Chris rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. I'm so glad I downloaded it. It spoke directly to my heart and helped me understand some of the negative things I've gone through in life. If you have ever experienced rejection or felt unloved, this book is for you. It reminds us that no matter what the circumstance God loves us, knows our names and will never abandon us. Truly a blessing!
Nathan
In God Knows My Name Beth Redman, the wife of British Contemporary Christian Music artist Matt Redman, writes about the strength she has drawn from her relationship with her heavenly father when she was shockingly rejected by her earthly father.

After recounting the rejection, Redman goes on to show how God spoke to her through his word in verses like Isaiah 49:15-16: “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has born? Though she may forget, I will not fo
Aug 28, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: GOD KNOWS MY NAME
Author: Beth Redman
Publisher: David C. Cook
July 2010
ISBN: 978-0-7814-0365-8
Genre: Inspirational/Women’s issues

Do You Know How Much You Matter to God?

Beth Redman knows what extreme hurt is from her earthly father, but she has managed to rise above it to discover a Heavenly Father who cares so much about her that it is virtually impossible, in our human knowledge, to comprehend.

He understands us intimately, and proclaims our worth by naming us and calling our name. He hea
Angieleigh
Jun 02, 2013 Angieleigh rated it really liked it
I received a review copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I have to admit that I requested this on Netgalley mostly because I thought the cover was pretty and the title intrigued me. I didn't pay any attention to the author's name, I just wanted a book that would help me on my spiritual walk. However, it was quite the bonus when I was surprised to learn that her husband is a well known gospel singer...and sings one of my favorite songs - 10,000 Reasons.

If there's one thing t
jaime fisher-Starnes
Redirecting Condemnations From The Enemy

Redirecting Condemnations From The Enemy

I thought this was a very inspiring book for anyone who feels forgotten and unloved by God. She uses God's Truths to redirect these condemnations that are the Accusers way for us to lose sight of God's promise of His love and eternal life.
Mandy J. Hoffman
Sep 24, 2010 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
MY REVIEW:

Beth Redman touches the heart of women with her vulnerability and deep biblical encouragement in this thought-provoking book. She shares what God thinks about us in light of scripture and how we can know that God KNOWS our name!

Her personal sharing ranges from down right hysterical to heart-wrenching. I appreciate her friend-to-friend approach and honesty through out this uplifting volume. While it is not the easiest book to read, and can seem a little disjointed at times, I still rec
H Bowz
Apr 19, 2015 H Bowz rated it it was ok
I was really unimpressed by this. I felt it was pretty repetitive and I was so excited to read it too! Heard Beth preaching recently, and loved what she was about, but this book didn't really challenge me at all. I'm sure it's lovely for most, but, I don't know, it wasn't for me.
Hannah Joyce
Feb 13, 2014 Hannah Joyce rated it it was amazing
Beth writes out of her own pain of being rejected by her earthly father, but she reminds us that what our Heavenly Father thinks about us is far important. This is also a practical book about how to apply scripture to real life, even to show love to those diffictult people.
Cindy
Oct 11, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
Powerfully yet simply written. A grand reminder of the great love God has for each of us. He has not turned away from us but sees us and our circumstances always. The author shares these truths through the eyes and heart of her personal journey.
Suzanne Cooper
Feb 18, 2015 Suzanne Cooper rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, spirit
Beth takes a moving & personal approach to reminding us how dearly we are loved. I really enjoyed reading this---usually chapter by chapter, at bedtime, leading to a fulfilling prayer time./ Compassionate & very comforting at this time.
Snicholson524
May 20, 2016 Snicholson524 rated it liked it
This book was filled with a lot of vulnerability by Beth Redman and some of the things that she went through in her childhood. If you struggle with insecurity at all, this book is a great book to remind of how much God loves you and can bring you through any kind of trouble in your life. I personally didn't learn a lot that I didn't already know but it was a very good reminder of God's truth. I read this book with a friend and we did it as a bible study so I'd highly recommend taking notes in it ...more
Janna
Oct 01, 2010 Janna rated it really liked it
Margaret
Jul 19, 2010 Margaret marked it as to-read
Recommended to Margaret by: FIRST
What a timely message for every woman in our material society. Definitely a message through out the ages as I am certain during Biblical times it was potent as well with all the focus on earthly and physical beauty. There are so many times when we can really get caught up in what others think about us whether it is physical or personality and sometimes I catch myself knowing that they are evil ideas placed there for distraction, but sometimes I miss it and dwell. This book is a good reminder.

*T
Tonya
Apr 02, 2016 Tonya rated it it was ok
A few things she said were good, but this book bored me to tears. Not only did she not use the true, living Word of God, but often this turpitude what it was saying. I couldn't get through this book fast enough. She didn't even talk about repentance is a biblical way.
Mystery
Aug 30, 2014 Mystery rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-paperback
Beautifully uplifting and encouraging!
Frans Karlsson
Nov 25, 2014 Frans Karlsson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
I really liked Beths book. Mixed with personal experiences together with biblical principles it made up a powerful message about many important issues we are facing. ...more
Jessica
Sep 22, 2013 Jessica rated it it was ok
I feel bad giving the book 2 stars... it's probably more like 2.5. It wasn't a bad book, and other readers have obviously really liked it. I just didn't connect with it like I hoped I would. It's a good overview of a lot of truths, but in such a short book, it can't go in-depth with every topic (or any topic really).
Aisha
Jun 20, 2014 Aisha rated it it was amazing
wow my friend lent me her copy and I cannot believe how informative and heart felt Beth has written this book with love for young woman out there everywhere. Another great read and really gets you questioning why we ever doubt God's unconditional love for us.Bravo Beth another fantastic soul searching page Turner.
Kate
Nov 16, 2015 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
I really liked this book, it was very much along the same theme of books I've been reading at the moment, how our relationship with Christ makes the difference in our lives. I loved Beths application of scripture and I found the book very encouraging. I would recommend to other christian women for sure.
Kate
Jun 13, 2013 Kate rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
I found this book incredibly moving and encouraging. "He has your name written on His palms and His arms open wide". Beth draws the reader into a deeper walk with God, with whom we can share everything as we deepen our faith and our relationship with Him through scripture. Definitely on the recommend list.
Audra Krell
Aug 15, 2010 Audra Krell rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: women
Beth Redman is authentic and heartwarming in God Knows My Name. She had me at the title. I related to her feelings toward her father and her realistic look at raising multiple children and being a good wife. This book encourages women by reminding us that we are all in the same boat.
Jan
Jun 23, 2013 Jan rated it it was amazing
Excellent book - God gifted writer. Reading second time around.
Bonnie
Jun 07, 2013 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
If you only read one book this year, make it this one .
KD
Apr 13, 2011 KD rated it it was amazing
Very good, needed to read to enforce some basic truths.
Yin
Feb 18, 2013 Yin rated it it was amazing
Very moving.
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • Sifted: God's Scandalous Response to Satan's Outrageous Demand
  • Songs in the Key of Solomon: In the Word and In the Mood
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • Church Zero: Raising 1st Century Churches out of the Ashes of the 21st Century Church
  • Meet Mrs. Smith: My Adventures with Six Kids, One Rockstar Husband, and a Heart to Fight Poverty
  • Discover the Mystery of Faith: How Worship Shapes Believing
  • Christianish: What If We're Not Really Following Jesus at All?
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • The Grace Outpouring: Blessing Others through Prayer
  • The Meeting of the Waters: 7 Global Currents That Will Propel the Future Church
  • When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances
  • Hell Is Real (But I Hate to Admit It)
  • Seeing through the Fog: Hope When Your World Falls Apart
  • Why Trust Jesus?: An Honest Look at Doubts, Plans, Hurts, Desires, Gripes, Questions, and Pleasures
  • The Juggling Act: Bringing Balance to Your Faith, Family, and Work
  • Deliver Us from Me-Ville
  • The Secret Place: Passionately Pursuing His Presence

“Prayer Thank You, Lord, that You are a God of justice who longs to show mercy and grace to us. Thank You that You are our great Defender against the Enemy, other people, and unjust suffering. Thank You that You see all we are going through and that You have compassion and pity on us. Help us to have compassion and pity on others who are likewise going through a time of trial or suffering. We ask that You would help us to bless our enemies and that You would use times of frustration, suffering, and trials to make us more like Jesus. Forgive us when we hurt others, and forgive us when we fall into gossip or self-pity. Give us the strength and grace to trust in You, lean on You, and depend on You at all times and in all things for Your perfect judgment and grace. In Jesus’ name, Amen.” 1 likes
“Prayer Father God, there are times when we have felt that things have been taken away and stolen from us by the Enemy. Thank You that You sent Your Son Jesus to redeem our lives, to restore us, revive us, and renew us. Thank You for never forgetting us, no matter what our circumstances may tell us. Thank You for always loving us. We praise You for who You are, for all You have done and all You will do in our lives. In Jesus’ name, Amen.” 1 likes