Start by marking “Thursday's Child” as Want to Read:
Thursday's Child

Thursday's Child

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,716 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
With forty-four New York Times bestselling novels to her credit, Sandra Brown is one of romance’s best-loved authors. She has been hailed by Rendezvous magazine as an author whose “larger than life heroes and heroines make you believe all the warm, wonderful, wild things in life.”

Sexy, funny, and wonderfully romantic, here is the unforgettably sensuous story of a woman too
Published January 2nd 2002 by Bantam (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Thursday's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thursday's Child

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
I liked this book and I couldn't put it down. But I honestly have to say I was almost repelled by Spencer initially. I mean ugh! Even if you are strongly attracted to your best friend's fiancee', that doesn't mean you have a right to pursue that and wreck his engagement because you feel like you have a stronger bond with the woman than your friend. He didn't respect boundaries at all. Keep your octopus hands to yourself dude! I think his insistence on honesty came out of a sense of self-indulgen ...more
Mo
Feb 10, 2015 Mo rated it liked it
3.5.

Allison Leamon knew that pretending to be her identical twin sister was a bad idea. For although the two redheads looked exactly alike, they couldn’t be more different. How could a no-nonsense scientist like Allison possibly fool anyone into thinking that she was the bubbly, vivacious Annie?

Yes it was cheesy, yes it was corny, yes it was dated, yes it was goofy. I liked it.

"And the red hair?
"Our Irish grandfather."

The book is 30 years old. Could you tell? Yes. But it brought me back to my
Lisa Weber
Sep 27, 2010 Lisa Weber rated it it was ok
Silly little romance book, very pat story line, kind if ridiculous. On the other hand, it was kind of cute, very sweet/simple, nothing to hurt the brain (if the story line didn't make you spit), and it had a sex scene or two that was fun fantasy material. Nothing great here, just silly.

OK, spoilers below, but here's my rendition of the book:

Twin 1: Ooh, pretend to be me for a few days.
Twin 2: No. Oh, OK.
Fiance: Darling!
Fiance's handsome buddy: You don't even love him. Make love to me.
Twin 2: Hel
Rachel
Mar 17, 2010 Rachel rated it really liked it
Typical identical twin swap/mistaken identity story.

Alison, "the brains," is the stereotypical brainiac (complete with glasses and wears hair in a bun) and Ann, though they are identical in appearance, is considered "the beauty" and the social butterfly.

Ann wants to surprise her fiance, Davis, with a boob job and enlists the help of her identical twin sister, Alison, to pose as her for a few days while she has the surgery. Begrudgingly, Alison is forced to trade in her glasses, bun, lab coat an
Jacqueline
Goofy book about twins trading places. Pretty unbelievable but if you squint and hold your tongue right it was enjoyable. The hero was not to be believed and wasn't a really noble guy. The heroine was pretty fun when she finally came clean about the deception. Don't take anything too seriously even the plot or writing and it wasn't too bad to while away an hour or two.
Nana
Jul 25, 2011 Nana rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tasha
Jan 14, 2016 Tasha rated it really liked it
I liked this book and I couldn't put it down. Honestly (if I was a twin) I would not want to swap/be my twin for one day let alone one week... I mean having to be yourself at your job and then get off work and be someone else... sorry I woulda told twin sister that she needs to just tell her Fiance she is sick or come up with some excuse why she can't see him for a week. But I guess that is just me but I really enjoyed this story. It was a fun read.
TamyKarcz
Sep 05, 2010 TamyKarcz rated it it was amazing
For the review...well it's a very interesting topic, and really has humor giving the fact that it's actually a romantic book! As for what i've learned? It's never too late or too soon to meet the right person, even if the circumstances might seem odd!
Barbara ★
This is probably the worst thing I've read by Sandra Brown. What a stupid love story! The heroine was a scientist so brilliant but a complete twit. And the hero was such an ass I couldn't figure what Allison even saw in him. Terrible book.
Shermel
Sep 04, 2014 Shermel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom_des
First book I ever read of hers. No author has brought the romance genre to life like Sandra Brown. It's real, not fantasy like most books. You can relate to it and find yourself in the characters.
Floral
Nov 03, 2008 Floral rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best short love stories I have read so far. I'm starting to really enjoy Sandra Brown book I must say. :)
Samantha Capps
Nov 23, 2010 Samantha Capps rated it really liked it
Shelves: brown-sandra
Oh this was a really good quick and fun read. Sandra did a wonderful job on this whole book from beginning to end.
Grandma Judy
Apr 30, 2010 Grandma Judy rated it it was amazing
I love all of Sandra Brown's books. This one was a love story only - no mystery.
Aizawa Shiori
Jun 28, 2010 Aizawa Shiori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved, sandra-brown, sexy
The story is soo sexy. I liked it. XOXO
Nancy
Feb 01, 2015 Nancy rated it did not like it
Ridiculous plot - who believes her fiancé will not know her from her twin sister? And who wants a fiancé who cannot tell them apart? How could she leave her sister to impersonate herself in an intimate relationship? Did she think they would never kiss or that he would not want to stay the night if he cannot tell them apart? So she can surprise the fiancé with new breasts?
It gets worse every time I think about it.
HK
Jul 06, 2015 HK rated it really liked it
Allison and Spencer. Allison is a twin to her sister, Ann who had a breast implant surgery as surprise and asked Allison to act as if she is Ann and hang out with Ann's fiance, Davis for several days. Allison who is a lab scientist and opposite of Ann in personalities opposed to the idea but she gave in.

The first day Allison was introduced to Davis' best friend, Spencer as Ann/fiance of Davis, and they felt something for each other. Spencer is not happy that he was feeling something for his best
Anuradha
Jan 04, 2013 Anuradha rated it it was ok
Dear lord, what did I just read?!
Thursday's Child has a ridiculous plot where basically everything and I mean everything leads to sex.
After a while I started skipping the lovemaking where bodies 'fit together like jigsaw pieces' just to see what happens in the end.
Guess what i found?

GRRR!

MORE sex.
Andrea
Jul 18, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it
I thought this book was pretty funny in it's own way, but of course dated as it was written with the early 80's style. I honestly don't think I would ever trade laces with a twin so she could get her boobs done and act like I was in love with my soon to be brother-in-law. I enjoyed this book and would reconmend it for a quick read.
Astri Nardi (Asuka Mai)
Menurutku ketika di awal cerita bagus banget dan tegang... Dimana sepasang kakak beradik yang kembar identik hendak bertukar posisi. Alison si adik yang kaku dan seorang ilmuwan dengan pakaian membosankan, serta berkaca mata. Sedangkan, Annie si kakak yang berpenampilan menarik dan pembawaan yang luwes dan ceria. Gara2 annie ingin operasi pembesaran payudara dan ingin memberikan kejutan kepada pacarnya Davis. Ia memohon kepada Aliison untuk menjadi dirinya selama beberapa hari. Sampai suatu mala ...more
LK Hunsaker
Jun 18, 2014 LK Hunsaker rated it it was ok
After reading Sandra Brown's Rainwater, I decided to check out more of her work. So when I found this at a library sale, I grabbed it. I read it in one evening, while watching a game. It's unusual for me to get through a book so fast, but much of it was just skimming because there wasn't much to the story.

I have to say it was pretty unbelievable, the "hero" was more vulture than real hero, the "ultra smart" heroine was naïve and talked like a silly little girl, and things fell together far too e
Em's
Nov 11, 2015 Em's rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Allison agrees to switch places with her twin sister, while her sister Annie gets a breast enlargement to surprise her fiancée. As Annie, Allison has to go to dinner with Annie's fiancée and meet his best friend, Spencer. Spencer is immediately attracted to "Annie". Spencer is someone who goes after what he wants, best friends be damned. I did not like the characters at times, Allison was insecure and Spencer was very demanding and pushy in his pursuit of Allison. It's a fast paced read but I fe ...more
Ann
Jan 18, 2015 Ann rated it it was ok
After reading "The Witness" I was excited to start another by Sandra Brown. Thankfully it was very short. The beginning story line moved along too quickly and was done. Would have been better if it had been more of a comedy romance taking readers through weeks instead of days.

Jump along into the second story line and that too was a bit of a let down. Uptight scientific twin runs off with sexy mysterious guy, gets seduced, gets dumped, guy returns, and in the end all live happily ever after.

Wil
Kristen
This is a great read from Sandra Brown about twins and switching places. Great boundaries of passion and suspense in this novel.
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Mar 11, 2015 ♥ WishfulMiss ♥ rated it really liked it
This is old school Sandra Brown. Its the size of a typical Harlequin novella but so much more satisfying. It has humor (twins swapping places,furry critter antics LOL,) instant attraction (literally had me hooked from chapter one,) sensual but well paced love scenes and two characters with so many layers you can't help falling for. Allison and Spencer were at times cheesy, corny and cliche, but I liked it anyway. Still do actually, so if you want straight romance with a sprinkly of humor and a f ...more
Brenda
Oct 12, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading about twin red-heads.
Elly aja
Apr 20, 2010 Elly aja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
....klo ditanya maukah kamu menggantikan sodara kembar kamu berperan sebagai dirinya slama beberapa hari karena dia sedang menjalani operasi untuk memperindah tubuh..sedangkan sifat kalian sangat bertolak belakang..???

Allison Leamon menyadari bahwa berpura-pura menjadi sosok saudara kembar identiknya adalah ide yang buruk. Bagaimana mungkin seorang ilmuwan jenius yang pendiam sepertinya mampu menyakinkan orang lain bahwa dirinya adalah Annie yang berpembawaan ceria dan supel? Tantangan pertama p
Devina
Pada awalnya ceritanya terlihat menjanjikan, bikin semangat buat nerusin bacanya.. Tapi makin ketengah kok ceritanya makin menjengkelkan.. Ceritanya tentang sepasang saudari kembar, Anni dan Alison, ceritanya si Anni ini pengen operasi pembesaran payudara, nah..dia pengen ngasih kejutan ke Davis, tunangannya. Jadi dia maksa si Alison buat gantiin dia supaya Davis gak tau kalo dia operasi.. Awalnya sih enjoy2 aja. Tp kok lama2 makin gmn gt. Gak suka banget Alison mau aja dicium2 gt ama tunangan k ...more
Red
Nicoleta
Jun 18, 2013 Nicoleta rated it really liked it
Kewwy
Jul 29, 2012 Kewwy rated it really liked it
Tursday's child 3 12 Oct 07, 2013 12:44PM
  • Where There Is Evil
  • The Master's Mistress
  • A Night with the Society Playboy (Nights of Passion #3)
  • The Disobedient Mistress (Sister Brides, #2)
  • Winter Bride
  • Whirlwind Affair (Whirlwind, #2)
  • Menaklukkan Sang Dokter - Taming the Beastly MD
  • The Case Of The Mesmerizing Boss (Most Wanted #1)
  • The Italian Boss's Secret Child
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • Protected by the Prince: The Weight of the Crown
  • His Cavalry Lady (Harlequin Historical, #936)
  • Forever (Molly, #1)
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • Kismet
  • A Duchess to Remember (Ministry of Marriage, #3)
  • Highlander's Bride (Heart of the Highlander, #1)

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), & TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over
More about Sandra Brown...