Thursday's Child

Thursday's Child

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  2,312 ratings  ·  81 reviews
With forty-four New York Times bestselling novels to her credit, Sandra Brown is one of romance’s best-loved authors. She has been hailed by Rendezvous magazine as an author whose “larger than life heroes and heroines make you believe all the warm, wonderful, wild things in life.”

Sexy, funny, and wonderfully romantic, here is the unforgettably sensuous story of a woman too...more
Published January 2nd 2002 by Bantam (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Thursday's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thursday's Child

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I liked this book and I couldn't put it down. But I honestly have to say I was almost repelled by Spencer initially. I mean ugh! Even if you are strongly attracted to your best friend's fiancee', that doesn't mean you have a right to pursue that and wreck his engagement because you feel like you have a stronger bond with the woman than your friend. He didn't respect boundaries at all. Keep your octopus hands to yourself dude! I think his insistence on honesty came out of a sense of self-indulgen...more
Lisa Weber
Silly little romance book, very pat story line, kind if ridiculous. On the other hand, it was kind of cute, very sweet/simple, nothing to hurt the brain (if the story line didn't make you spit), and it had a sex scene or two that was fun fantasy material. Nothing great here, just silly.

OK, spoilers below, but here's my rendition of the book:

Twin 1: Ooh, pretend to be me for a few days.
Twin 2: No. Oh, OK.
Fiance: Darling!
Fiance's handsome buddy: You don't even love him. Make love to me.
Twin 2: Hel...more
Rachel
Typical identical twin swap/mistaken identity story.

Alison, "the brains," is the stereotypical brainiac (complete with glasses and wears hair in a bun) and Ann, though they are identical in appearance, is considered "the beauty" and the social butterfly.

Ann wants to surprise her fiance, Davis, with a boob job and enlists the help of her identical twin sister, Alison, to pose as her for a few days while she has the surgery. Begrudgingly, Alison is forced to trade in her glasses, bun, lab coat an...more
Jacqueline
Goofy book about twins trading places. Pretty unbelievable but if you squint and hold your tongue right it was enjoyable. The hero was not to be believed and wasn't a really noble guy. The heroine was pretty fun when she finally came clean about the deception. Don't take anything too seriously even the plot or writing and it wasn't too bad to while away an hour or two.
Nana
Barbara ★
This is probably the worst thing I've read by Sandra Brown. What a stupid love story! The heroine was a scientist so brilliant but a complete twit. And the hero was such an ass I couldn't figure what Allison even saw in him. Terrible book.
Samantha Capps
Oh this was a really good quick and fun read. Sandra did a wonderful job on this whole book from beginning to end.
Anuradha
Dear lord, what did I just read?!
Thursday's Child has a ridiculous plot where basically everything and I mean everything leads to sex.
After a while I started skipping the lovemaking where bodies 'fit together like jigsaw pieces' just to see what happens in the end.
Guess what i found?

GRRR!

MORE sex.
Andrea
I thought this book was pretty funny in it's own way, but of course dated as it was written with the early 80's style. I honestly don't think I would ever trade laces with a twin so she could get her boobs done and act like I was in love with my soon to be brother-in-law. I enjoyed this book and would reconmend it for a quick read.
Astri
Menurutku ketika di awal cerita bagus banget dan tegang... Dimana sepasang kakak beradik yang kembar identik hendak bertukar posisi. Alison si adik yang kaku dan seorang ilmuwan dengan pakaian membosankan, serta berkaca mata. Sedangkan, Annie si kakak yang berpenampilan menarik dan pembawaan yang luwes dan ceria. Gara2 annie ingin operasi pembesaran payudara dan ingin memberikan kejutan kepada pacarnya Davis. Ia memohon kepada Aliison untuk menjadi dirinya selama beberapa hari. Sampai suatu mala...more
LK Hunsaker
After reading Sandra Brown's Rainwater, I decided to check out more of her work. So when I found this at a library sale, I grabbed it. I read it in one evening, while watching a game. It's unusual for me to get through a book so fast, but much of it was just skimming because there wasn't much to the story.

I have to say it was pretty unbelievable, the "hero" was more vulture than real hero, the "ultra smart" heroine was naïve and talked like a silly little girl, and things fell together far too e...more
TamyKarcz
For the review...well it's a very interesting topic, and really has humor giving the fact that it's actually a romantic book! As for what i've learned? It's never too late or too soon to meet the right person, even if the circumstances might seem odd!
Shermel
First book I ever read of hers. No author has brought the romance genre to life like Sandra Brown. It's real, not fantasy like most books. You can relate to it and find yourself in the characters.
Floral
This is one of the best short love stories I have read so far. I'm starting to really enjoy Sandra Brown book I must say. :)
Kristen
This is a great read from Sandra Brown about twins and switching places. Great boundaries of passion and suspense in this novel.
Grandma Judy
I love all of Sandra Brown's books. This one was a love story only - no mystery.
Brenda
Enjoyed reading about twin red-heads.
Aizawa Shiori
The story is soo sexy. I liked it. XOXO
Elly aja
....klo ditanya maukah kamu menggantikan sodara kembar kamu berperan sebagai dirinya slama beberapa hari karena dia sedang menjalani operasi untuk memperindah tubuh..sedangkan sifat kalian sangat bertolak belakang..???

Allison Leamon menyadari bahwa berpura-pura menjadi sosok saudara kembar identiknya adalah ide yang buruk. Bagaimana mungkin seorang ilmuwan jenius yang pendiam sepertinya mampu menyakinkan orang lain bahwa dirinya adalah Annie yang berpembawaan ceria dan supel? Tantangan pertama p...more
Vina Crystelline
Pada awalnya ceritanya terlihat menjanjikan, bikin semangat buat nerusin bacanya.. Tapi makin ketengah kok ceritanya makin menjengkelkan.. Ceritanya tentang sepasang saudari kembar, Anni dan Alison, ceritanya si Anni ini pengen operasi pembesaran payudara, nah..dia pengen ngasih kejutan ke Davis, tunangannya. Jadi dia maksa si Alison buat gantiin dia supaya Davis gak tau kalo dia operasi.. Awalnya sih enjoy2 aja. Tp kok lama2 makin gmn gt. Gak suka banget Alison mau aja dicium2 gt ama tunangan k...more
Red
Nicoleta
Kewwy
Lisa Susanti
Thursday's Child mengisahkan tentang sepasang anak kembar yang memiliki kesamaan fisik namun memiliki sifat yang jauh berbeda. Allison Leamon dipaksa oleh Annie Leamon untuk berpura - pura menjadi dirinya selama, Ann, melakukan operasi pembesaran payudara.
Di saat bersamaan, sahabat baik dari tunangan Annie yaitu Spencer Raft, datang mengunjungi sahabatnya dalam rangka menghadiri pernikahan Davis dan Annie. Disinilah konflik dimulai.

Secara alur cerita cukup menarik, karena, ada kisah - kisah lucu...more
Sally Lindsay-briggs
This was a very down and dirty book of romance, with too much information in the bedroom scenes. It was well written and the characters were very real and appealing. You have to root for the shy virigin.
Laura Aghata
hufff,,anyway i need to say what i think. the story is about twin sister exchange role, cause I had watched and read many story about twins who swap role, i can say this one is quite flat and plain, the part allison and spancer, i was a bit scared to read about them it's not romantic but it's about sexual desire,,,, so the bottom line is I am sorry have to say this I dont like the book cause for me it's just like another story of twins who swap the role but have very different character, once ag...more
Judith
I have read quite a few of Sandra Brown's books. This one didn't do anything but frustrate me. I know she was trying to help her sister Annie keep the secret of her breast surgery from her husband to be but when things got heated I kept saying just tell them the truth already!!!! There wasn't much of a story line except for Allison playing hard to get and teasing Spencer constantly. He finally gets to have her and it ends nicely. Easy reading but just not her best work.
Robin
I liked it, though it was a bit odd. The story line was a bit silly for my taste, I found it outrageous that annie would get breast surgery to make her fiancé happy. Even though I was unsure if I liked the premise to have the perfect child. What kind of life is the kid going to have knowing it is suppose to be this perfect child. I did really like the dinner scene where Allison was trying to be her sister. All in all it was a cute story, just odd.
Anastasia
I only can say, I love it and WOW.

This book is about twin sister who exchange their identity, just because Ann want to implant her breast, and request her sister, Alison to help her.

Poor Davis, he can not indentify his own fiancee, but his best friend, Spencer could recognize, that "Ann" not really love her fiancee, Davis.

none the word to say, recommended this book, if you love to read Sandra Brown romance book.

Enjoy the reading.
Tursday's child 3 11 Oct 07, 2013 12:44PM
  • Where There Is Evil
  • The Disobedient Mistress (Sister Brides, #2)
  • Beloved (Long, Tall Texans, #19)
  • Whirlwind Affair (Whirlwind, #2)
  • Kismet
  • The Deception (Baron, #3)
  • Unbuttoning Miss Hardwick
  • A Promise to Cherish
  • Undone by His Touch
  • A Duchess to Remember (Ministry of Marriage, #3)
  • The Passions of Chelsea Kane
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • The Unfaithful Widow
  • Scarlet Nights
  • Bedding His Virgin Mistress

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004),...more
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Ricochet Chill Factor Envy