Start by marking “Sun Tzu Was a Sissy: Conquer Your Enemies, Promote Your Friends, and Wage the Real Art of War” as Want to Read:

A hilarious and tough-minded guide to winning the war of contemporary life.

We live in a vicious, highly competitive workplace environment, and things aren′t getting any better. Jobs are few and far between, and people aren′t any nicer now than they were when Ghengis Khan ran around in big furs killing people in unfriendly acquisitions. For thousands of years, people have b
Published October 12th 2004 by HarperBusiness (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Sun Tzu Was a Sissy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sun Tzu Was a Sissy

Juanita
Review: Sue Tzu Was A Sissy by Stanley Bing.

I guess this book could be taken as humorous or appalling or perhaps a little of both. Bing uses the business sector as his prodigy messenger to unleash his comments and opinions into a military style context. I know it 19s supposed to be humorous and a lot of it was but was it done properly. There were chapters on the adversarial qualities of short and tall people and fat and skinny people among other issues although like all humor, someone somewhere
Tim Weakley
Not as funny as I had hoped. I laughed in a few places, and I found that the book read true based on my limited experience with this level of the business world. There was enough meat in the book to discuss with allies in the workplace.
Brock
Jan 12, 2009 Brock rated it did not like it
I'll take the real "Art of War" over this.
Christopher
Aug 02, 2015 Christopher rated it it was ok
Not as funny as I had hoped. The wit was too dry, even for me.
Todd C.
Funny book. Dilbert applied to Sun Tzu.
James Gingerich
Entertaining read that I hope was designed to be humorous. I'd hate to think that corporate America is such a ruthless battleground. Oddly enough however I recognized a few of tactics Bing outlines have actually been implemented by others at my place of work. I've become much more aware as a result of this read. I've also had quite a few good laughs. Thanks Stan!

James Gingerich
Sr Partner Account Manager
Sybase iAnywhere

Shane Knysh
Dec 29, 2010 Shane Knysh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print, humor
I am sure there are a ton of people who will like this book because of the wit of Mr. Bing. Other will love this book because of the modernization of the 13 chapters of the Art of War. I am just not to be counted in either group.
Miguel Pais
Dec 25, 2013 Miguel Pais rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A clever book redirecting the teachings of Sun Tzu in his classical piece on warfare "The Art of War" and using them in both career, economical, and daily life rise.
Isman
Oct 17, 2008 Isman rated it liked it
The rating only applies to the English version of the book. I'm not eligible to rate the Indonesian version because I'm the translator. It'd be like raving about my own nephew. But I'd like to hear what you think.
John
Jan 11, 2010 John rated it liked it
Shelves: humour, business
well - it was alright - but glad i got it from the library and didn't actually buy it. just went on too much - i kind of got the idea - quickly - and it never moved from there.
Cario Lam
Dec 12, 2010 Cario Lam rated it really liked it
I a word, "hilarious". Written by one of my favorite columnists.
Tommy
Mar 03, 2008 Tommy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty fun read I keep it at my desk at work :)
Grace
Sep 25, 2013 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great modern day spoof on a very serious book
Mike
Oct 26, 2012 Mike rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Didn't care for it.
Greg
Mar 24, 2009 Greg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
mandatory bidness reading.

all i am, bidness-wise, i owe to Bing!
Habiba Shahbaz cheema
worst read
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
K B
K B marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Alberto Lopez
Alberto Lopez marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Thomas Harry
Thomas Harry rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Maria Shahid
Maria Shahid marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Megan Nolan
Megan Nolan marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Marvellous
Marvellous rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Precious Grace
Precious Grace rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2016
Chris
Chris is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2016
Akash Singh
Akash Singh rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
PhilPek
PhilPek marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
  • Liar's Market
  • Foul Ball: My Life and Hard Times Trying to Save an Old Ballpark, Plus Part Two
  • Whirlwind
  • Ella Mental: And the Good Sense Guide
  • The Christian World of the Hobbit
  • Heaven (The Book of Thomas #1)
  • Dark Warrior Rising (A Novel of Niflheim, #1)
  • Study Bible KJV - Scofield Reference Bible
  • The Tree Bride
  • Inconvenient
  • One Day at Fenway: A Day in the Life of Baseball in America
  • Folk and Fairy Tales
  • The Leader's Guide to Radical Management: Reinventing the Workplace for the 21st Century
  • The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum
  • Hazel
  • Working With You is Killing Me: Freeing Yourself from Emotional Traps at Work
  • Missing Justice (Samantha Kincaid #2)
  • The Fantastic: A Structural Approach to a Literary Genre

“to Alexander the Great, who wept when there were no more worlds to conquer...” 8 likes
“There are those who treat every human interaction as a military engagement that could escalate into a potential battle leading to a nice, satisfying conflict that’s part of a war. There is a name for such people. They’re called assholes.” 1 likes