Start by marking “NLP: The New Technology of Achievement” as Want to Read:
NLP: The New Technology of Achievement

NLP: The New Technology of Achievement

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  662 ratings  ·  23 reviews

NLP has already helped millions of people overcome fears, increase confidence, enrich relationships, and achieve greater sucess. Now the NLP Comprehensive Training Team has written a book that reveals how to use this breakthrough technology to achieve whatever you want.

Short for neuro-linguistic programming, NLP is a revolutionary approach to human communication and develo

Published February 19th 1996 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about NLP, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NLP

Catch the Fire by Peggy TaylorCollaboration Explained by Jean TabakaThe Skilled Facilitator by Roger SchwarzThe Skilled Facilitator Fieldbook by Roger SchwarzZen Of Groups by Dale Hunter
Facilitation Reading
11th out of 16 books — 4 voters
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale CarnegieThe 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. CoveyThink and Grow Rich by Napoleon HillGood to Great by James C. CollinsGetting Things Done by David Allen
Best Business Books
280th out of 457 books — 773 voters

More lists with this book...

Kirk
It's all about the Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Bitches!
Gerald
I have studied NLP at what I guess you'd say is an intermediate level, first with Landmark Education and then with Christopher Howard. However in the courses I've done, there hasn't been a lot of theory. There's not actually a lot of acknowledgment among the new-thought, self-help gurus that their teachings are rooted in NLP principles and a school of psychology that seems to have come out of Santa Cruz. Formation of this body of knowledge involved, but did not begin with, Milton Erickson and hi ...more
Stephanie
There is definitely some valuable content in here, if you can wade through the poor writing, the constant self-promotion, and the cheesy self-help styling.
Svetlio Blyahoff
A great book full of practical advices and techniques of achieving a better self. Definitely would recommend it to anyone who needs a minor or major change in his/her life. Definitely an appreciating and approving thumbs up for that book.
Kim
I am an NLP Practioner and I was a practicing Life Coach a few years ago. This was the book I used for my training. It's awesome!
Otter57
I bought this book after seeing some videos online by Steve Andreas and being very impressed by his sincerity. The same sincerity comes through in NLP: The New Technology of Achievement. The other members of the writing team include Charles Faulkner and Suzi Smith, and along with several others they comprised the NLP Comprehensive Training Team based in Colarado in the United States.

The book covers all of the basics of NLP including submodalities, rapport, mission, values, and perceptual positio
Ali Pasha
This definitely took me a while to complete. It was my second attempt and I'm glad that I managed to get through the book. It's one of the few books that I need to re-read again to fully benefit from everything that was preached.

The little I've learned has been extremely beneficial. It's helped me re-frame conversations (esp. with my fiance) and when I find myself in conflict I'm definitely going to re-frame how I think using the techniques advised.

I highly recommend reading this book -- especia
Mckinley
Neuro-linguistic programming - cognitive change can be fast and impactfull. Change how you think about thinking. Lots of exercises to go along with theory.
"Map is not territory"
"Experience has structure"
"If 1 person can do, anyone can learn to do it"
"Mind and body are parts of the same system"
"People have all the resources they need"
"You can not not communicate"
"Meaning of your communication is the response you get"
"Positive intent behind every behavior"
"People always make best choices a
Karlen
Self help book, concept just grips a hold on why we do the things we do
Neil Kokemuller
This is book is somewhat technical, but if you have a good grasp on the impact of subconscious motivation and habit-based behavior, it is hugely valuable. This is a starter book for understanding and applying NLP. Even if you don't grasp the full scope of the book, there are several simply activities in the book you can complete that help in dealing with simple or common negative thoughts, attitudes or behaviors.
Kawa Svaha
Quite amazing. But practice takes time.
Ambra Chicandfrog
This is my first book on NLP and I really liked it. It's written in a very simple style but it goes to the core and covers all the basic of NLP.

To me, this book is a great starting point if you want to reprogram your mind along with your life and your goals. The exercises can really change your way to see your future or your present condition, simply like that. Mind is our most powerful tool and we should learn to use it.
Jo Casey
I love NLP & the work of the authors in the field. I just find NLP books very dry & this is no exception I'm afraid. It's like trying to learn to swim by reading a book-you really need to get into the pool.
Christina
I learned about NLP via Anthony Robbins' book "Awaken the Giant Within." I appreciated his strategies for success, not just the hype of positive affirmations. This is my first in-depth book about NLP, and unfortunately, I had to read this one as an audio CD, not my preference.
Sergio
Good into book for NLP, gets a little boring with all the workshops and practices, but over all I thought the book was very useful. Just not in the way that I had imagined it would be.
Jorge Amorim
Bom livro para quem tiver curiosidade sobre Programação Neuro Linguística. Introduz as bases e através de exercícios demonstra algumas aplicações.
Tan Jun Jie
Recommendable for people who seek lots of mental exercises to improve on the habits of their subconscious mind and consequently alter their lives.
Rick
Aug 25, 2012 Rick added it
Very thought provoking, very insightful... one of the best self-help, self improvement books available... highly recommended.
Praveenchandra Gr
IT HELPS overcome fears, increase confidence, enrich relationships, and achieve greater sucess.
Steve Green
Good book with some very useful stuff. Download more nlp ebooks at www.library70.blogspot.com/
Jessie Lorenz
I read this book when I was competing in sports and it changed my life.
Levi
Dec 07, 2008 Levi is currently reading it
just started it but so far pretty interesting...
Mares
Some nice tips worth to follow.
Isaac Chanakira
Isaac Chanakira marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Alex Chung
Alex Chung marked it as to-read
Matter Cooper
Matter Cooper marked it as to-read
Bruno Moreno
Bruno Moreno marked it as to-read
Maria Hovinen
Maria Hovinen marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Reno
Reno marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
  • Reframing: Neurolinguistic Programming and the Transformation of Meaning
  • Trance-Formations: Neuro-Linguistic Programming and the Structure of Hypnosis
  • Mental Traps: The Overthinker's Guide to a Happier Life
  • Mastering Your Hidden Self: A Guide to the Huna Way
  • The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It
  • Find Your Focus Zone: An Effective New Plan to Defeat Distraction and Overload
  • Rules of the Game
  • My Voice Will Go with You: The Teaching Tales of Milton H. Erickson
  • Self-Help
  • What the Face Reveals: Basic and Applied Studies of Spontaneous Expression Using the Facial Action Coding System
  • Neuro-Linguistic Programming for Dummies
NLP: The Essential Guide to Neuro-Linguistic Programming NLP: New Technology: The New Technology