Start by marking “When It's the Last Day Of School” as Want to Read:
When It's the Last Day Of School

When It's the Last Day Of School

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  17 reviews
James can barely contain his excitement on the last day of school, but he vows to be good and get Mrs. Bremwood’s last gold sticker of the year. He’s determined not to talk during Silent Reading and he will get his drink at the water fountain properly and not spit out any of it because it’s warm. At lunch, he’ll take the wrapper off his straw and not blow it at his friend ...more
Published March 30th 2004 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about When It's the Last Day Of School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When It's the Last Day Of School

Chelsea Kimmey
This book would be a great way to end to the school year with one last book and talk about their plans for the summer.
Jordan Williams
I feel this book can really start a discussion about the students and their summer plans! I would wait until the last day to read this. Even j can relate to this story, every year in grade school I was so excited for the last day of the year! It was like Christmas in May!
Rida
Really good book!
Cheryl Kays
This would be a great book to read on the last day of school. It is a humorous story about a boy and his quest to receive the last golden sticker of the year but he finds many bumps along the way. He can barely contain his excitement about summer break and this proves to be a problem. Students will be able to relate to this excitement and will enjoy this read as well as the illustrations.
Emily Goodin
Of course many kids would love this book, but I wouldn't put it out until there are a few weeks left of school! It talks about the last day of school and the excitement of summer! Kids could get very discouraged if this book was put out in the winter! This could spark converstaion about what each student is doing over summer break!
Rachel Feather
The last day of school, every child is filled with excitement for the beginning of summer. There is a little sadness at leaving all their friends and teacher, but that is covered up by the months of freedom. This book shows this excitement for summer. Students relate to all children look forward to. Such a good read!
Vanessa Easley
This book is a perfect representation of the way young kids think and talk. He is jumping from one subject to the next, ideas are everywhere, and very excited about everything. Very imaginative and funny too. I found this enjoyable but hard to read aloud and totally follow but that's more me.
Rebecca Mullins
The child in the book goes through a whole list of things that he will do on the last day of school. He is so excited! This book is great for reading towards the last week of school. It's a good way to keep the children excited and learning. I would read this to 1-3 grade.
Randie
James is super excited for the last day of school and he is going to be on his best manners, earn a sticker, clean his desk, pay attention, hug his teacher, and eventually explode! The retro-like illustrations represent school in a boring manner; but overall a decent fun book.
Melanie Martel
This book would be a great end of the year read aloud to the class. The boy is so excited about summer and does a great job working with inferences. The book does a good job with the pictures and lets the readers visual what he wants to do over the summer.
Olivia Jackson
This book is great and would be a good book to end the school year. The only thing I would add on after reading this book is to be sure to explain to the class that it is important to have good behavior all year, not just on the last day of school.
Glenn Kennedy
This is a good book that is perfect for the last day of school. This is a perfect tale of a student trying his best to be on his best behavior even more than normal to work at a goal.
Ashley Greenfield
Great story for the end of year!! I think it will keep kids wondering what will happen next, and what he won't do on the last day of school! Good detail, I would recommend it.
A boy thinks ahead to the last day of school and describes how perfectly he'll behave on that day. We get a list of all the things he WON'T do...a silly list of misbehaviors.
Madison
This would be great to read at the end of the school year. It is about a child who wants to do everything right on the last day of school!
Alicia
Cute children's book with fun and accurate details about a topic not often written about in books.
Erin Banet
This book is so cute! I love the way he is going to try to do everything right in the last day of school!
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014