Start by marking “Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 2

Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 2 (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne #2)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  1,680 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
The battle continues against demon-possessed paintingsas the competition between Kaito Jeanne and Sinbad heats up! Meanwhile, life at school grows complicated for Maron, as she must deal with her growing feelings for Chiaki and her guilt over being kissed by Sinbadnot realizing theyre one and the same! And Chiaki hides a dark secret that could shatter everything.
Published January 18th 2006 by CMX (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 2

Emalie
Jan 18, 2016 Emalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
This is the volume of the series where the manga and the anime drift apart. Till this day I still can't decide what development I like more, the one in the manga or the one in the anime.
It's impossible to choose.
Joffrey Gilmore
Der 2. Teil ist schon viel kitschiger als der 1., aber ich liebe einfach die Charaktere. Am meisten natürlich Miyako <3 ;)
Sonia
Jun 25, 2017 Sonia rated it it was ok
I think I like the anime more. More character development and everything more.
Monika
May 25, 2017 Monika rated it it was amazing
" Ein schöner Traum besiegt die Angst der Nacht. Ich weiß nicht, was Liebe ist, aber ich werde es lernen."
Jana
Mar 22, 2017 Jana rated it liked it
A bit confusing and jumpy. It was hard to follow.
Lesedelfin
Feb 05, 2015 Lesedelfin rated it liked it
Sabrina
Dec 14, 2008 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
Shortly before the year 2000, 16-year-old high-school gymnast Maron Kusakabe is visited by the angel Finn Fish, who gives her a task. God's power is scattered across the Earth, and if He does not gather enough by the turn of the millenium, He will die. To block Him, the Devil has sent out agents to gather His power, which is the beauty in human hearts, in the form of chess pieces. With Finn's assistance, Maron transforms into the reincarnation of Jeanne D'Arc in order to hunt Demons hidden withi ...more
Natalie
Volume two offers a lot more in the way of character development; instead of focusing on magic and transformations, Chiaki and Maron's backstories fill out: Chiaki ran away from home to escape a fiancee and Maron's parents have decided to divorce. Unfortunately, the characters develop in somewhat stereotypical and cliched ways: why does every male lead have a fiancee? The trope immediately reminded me of manga Imadoki!. It doesn't strengthen the story in any way; the fiancee is present for one ...more
Hikari
Nov 21, 2012 Hikari rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allgemein: Jeanne ist einer meiner liebsten Manga. Er besticht durch eine wunderbare Geschichte, Charaktere zum Einfühlen, Geschehnisse aus dem Alltag als auch fantastische Begebenheiten. Jeanne beinhaltet alles, was ich liebe: Humor, Überraschungen, Gefühle, Tiefgang, Freundschaft, Liebe, Verantwortung und Fantasie.

Band 2: Marron konzentriert sich zunächst auf ihren Sport, doch dabei findet sie einige Neuigkeiten heraus, zu Chiaki, seiner Familie, seinem Hintergrund und noch einigen anderen Pun
Christina
Feb 25, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it
While Maron is dealing with her insecurities over her parents and others in her life, Chiaki reveals a secret that will crumble all of the walls of outer strength she has built around her. Chiaki was always able to see through Maron, to see how weak she actually was, but will that be enough to heal her? Or will Chiaki first have to face up to his own feelings and insecurities to ever help Maron...?

D'aaww, this volume was so cute! And a big step up from the last one too! When I reread this manga
Lord
Jul 19, 2008 Lord rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
There's not much magic stuff in the second volume, the story focuses rather on the feelings of the characters and relations between them. And I think it's good for the story that flows more ellegantly than in the first volume. Also, we got many Tanemura sensei's comments on the anime and on her work which are pretty fun.
Sara
Mar 06, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
Ahh~ I really like this series~ :3 I'm so glad I started reading it. It's really cute with some hilarious gags. The violent parts are so funny. Like when "that person" was kidnapped and while in the car "that person" asked to be let and was stubbornly told no. The very next frame is "that person" with their hands around their kidnapper's throat. xD
Julie
May 07, 2008 Julie rated it liked it
Read on OneManga. Again, standard magical girl fare, but I think there are large parts that focus so much on Maron and Chiaki's relationship that the Kaitou part fades into the background. I actually liked that about it.
Wrenaria
Oct 30, 2013 Wrenaria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
Volume 2 focuses less on the magic/kaito stuff and more on the characters' personal lives and histories, which I love. Arina's drawings are lovely. From what I recall of the anime, it has stayed fairly faithful to the contents of the manga so far. Looking forward to the next one.
Starbubbles
May 21, 2010 Starbubbles added it
Shelves: manga
i'll wait to rate this until after i actually find the books. about every 5th page was a broken link online, made me sad. anyway- the character twists weren't fun, and they continue until the end of the series. but yeah, i did enjoy this series, can't wait to read the entire story.
Steph
Apr 19, 2009 Steph rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Arina Tanemura
Shelves: manga
Beautiful artwork and an original storyline.
No more volumes at the library. I'm putting this baby on hold. It's getting slightly more interesting with side characters blended into the mix.
Mina
Jul 10, 2016 Mina rated it really liked it
I NEED CHIAKI IN MY LIFE. THIS WAS SO ADORABLE. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.
I can't wait to pick up the next one :)
Kittikat kiki
Sep 09, 2010 Kittikat kiki rated it it was amazing
LOVE vol 2 its more love!!!
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne: Volume 2 by Arina Tanemura (2006)
Rachel
Jan 18, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I loved this one as well! It was awsome.
Victoria Newman
NO PUEDO PARAR DE LEER!!
Дени Проданова
Jan 03, 2015 Дени Проданова rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-and-manhwa
Не толкова силна като първата, но все пак приятна. Много затрогваща, особено специалната глава за Мияко.
Eeiko
Mar 04, 2011 Eeiko rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like the anime way better, though.
Selena
Selena rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2015
Maike00
Maike00 rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2017
Jelena
Jelena rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
  • Wedding Peach, Vol. 01
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #12)
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 06
  • Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Vol. 05
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 4 (Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, #4)
  • Codename: Sailor V, #2 (Codename: Sailor V, #2
  • Gakuen Alice, Vol. 06 (Gakuen Alice, #6)
  • Mint Na Bokura, Vol. 02
  • Zodiac P.I., Vol. 2 (Zodiac P.I., #2)
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 7 (Tokyo Mew Mew, #7)
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...

Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne (7 books)
  • Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 1