Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 02

Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 02 (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne Kanzenban #2)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,193 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The battle continues against demon-possessed paintingsas the competition between Kaito Jeanne and Sinbad heats up! Meanwhile, life at school grows complicated for Maron, as she must deal with her growing feelings for Chiaki and her guilt over being kissed by Sinbadnot realizing theyre one and the same! And Chiaki hides a dark secret that could shatter everything.
Published January 18th 2006 by CMX (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 02

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
178th out of 569 books — 1,188 voters
Maid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Best Romance Manga
38th out of 161 books — 151 voters

More lists with this book...

Christina
While Maron is dealing with her insecurities over her parents and others in her life, Chiaki reveals a secret that will crumble all of the walls of outer strength she has built around her. Chiaki was always able to see through Maron, to see how weak she actually was, but will that be enough to heal her? Or will Chiaki first have to face up to his own feelings and insecurities to ever help Maron...?

D'aaww, this volume was so cute! And a big step up from the last one too! When I reread this manga...more
Nicola Mansfield
Not being a big fan of romance, this volume really surprised me. Being the opposite of vol. 1 and going heavy on the romance and light on the plot, I ended up really, really enjoying myself with these characters. The first few chapters were a bit of a whirlwind but soon I settled into the characters and enjoyed the humour. One thing I like is that these two know they like each other and Chiaki is all over Maron by the middle of the volume so this isn't going to be one of those long drawn out sec...more
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

I am really enjoying getting to re-read this series. The color pages have not been as impressive as I was hoping, and I do miss Tanemura’s author comments, but I’m still liking this translation, and the books are still really pretty. It’s been so long since I first read this series, and it really is my favorite Tanemura series.

In this volume, there are some phantom thief cases, including Chiaki’s father, who is really kind of humorous (when not possessed...more
Sabrina
Shortly before the year 2000, 16-year-old high-school gymnast Maron Kusakabe is visited by the angel Finn Fish, who gives her a task. God's power is scattered across the Earth, and if He does not gather enough by the turn of the millenium, He will die. To block Him, the Devil has sent out agents to gather His power, which is the beauty in human hearts, in the form of chess pieces. With Finn's assistance, Maron transforms into the reincarnation of Jeanne D'Arc in order to hunt Demons hidden withi...more
Hikari
Allgemein: Jeanne ist einer meiner liebsten Manga. Er besticht durch eine wunderbare Geschichte, Charaktere zum Einfühlen, Geschehnisse aus dem Alltag als auch fantastische Begebenheiten. Jeanne beinhaltet alles, was ich liebe: Humor, Überraschungen, Gefühle, Tiefgang, Freundschaft, Liebe, Verantwortung und Fantasie.

Band 2: Marron konzentriert sich zunächst auf ihren Sport, doch dabei findet sie einige Neuigkeiten heraus, zu Chiaki, seiner Familie, seinem Hintergrund und noch einigen anderen Pun...more
Chelsea Barnthouse
Still as good as the day I started it...what feels like a long time ago. Am excited to get the next book, but am even more excited that I accidentally stumbled onto this NEW manga series. Next one won't be out until July, and the one after that will be released in September. What an exciting wait! Highly suggested for shojo fans!
Sara
Ahh~ I really like this series~ :3 I'm so glad I started reading it. It's really cute with some hilarious gags. The violent parts are so funny. Like when "that person" was kidnapped and while in the car "that person" asked to be let and was stubbornly told no. The very next frame is "that person" with their hands around their kidnapper's throat. xD
Lord
Jul 19, 2008 Lord rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
There's not much magic stuff in the second volume, the story focuses rather on the feelings of the characters and relations between them. And I think it's good for the story that flows more ellegantly than in the first volume. Also, we got many Tanemura sensei's comments on the anime and on her work which are pretty fun.
Starbubbles
May 21, 2010 Starbubbles added it
Shelves: manga
i'll wait to rate this until after i actually find the books. about every 5th page was a broken link online, made me sad. anyway- the character twists weren't fun, and they continue until the end of the series. but yeah, i did enjoy this series, can't wait to read the entire story.
Wrenaria
Volume 2 focuses less on the magic/kaito stuff and more on the characters' personal lives and histories, which I love. Arina's drawings are lovely. From what I recall of the anime, it has stayed fairly faithful to the contents of the manga so far. Looking forward to the next one.
Julie
Read on OneManga. Again, standard magical girl fare, but I think there are large parts that focus so much on Maron and Chiaki's relationship that the Kaitou part fades into the background. I actually liked that about it.
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne: Volume 2 by Arina Tanemura (2006)
Rachel
I loved this one as well! It was awsome.
Steph
Apr 19, 2009 Steph rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Arina Tanemura
Shelves: manga
Beautiful artwork and an original storyline.
Eeiko
I like the anime way better, though.
Kittikat kiki
LOVE vol 2 its more love!!!
Jianne
3.5 stars.
Lana Waltosz
Lana Waltosz marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Vicky
Vicky marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 04
  • Tokyo Mew Mew, Vol. 06
  • Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Vol. 05
  • Kamichama Karin Chu, Vol. 01
  • Vampire Game, Vol. 8 (Vampire Game, #8)
  • InuYasha: A Warrior's Code (InuYasha, #10)
  • Ceres, Celestial Legend: Monster (Ceres, Celestial Legend #10)
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one...more
More about Arina Tanemura...
Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 01 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 01 Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 01 Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 02