Start by marking “Last Seen Alive” as Want to Read:
Last Seen Alive

Last Seen Alive

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Chyna Greer was sixteen when her best friend, Zoey, disappeared. Though very different in looks and temperament, the two girls shared a bond that was stronger than blood. But even Chyna's urgent warnings couldn't prevent a love-struck Zoey from sneaking out to the lake to meet her secret crush--and being swallowed up into the warm summer night forever….

Now Chyna has come b...more
Published May 29th 2007 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Last Seen Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Seen Alive

Jennie
The best book I have read in a while if you get the chance to read it and love mysteries this is a really great book.
Alexandra
Couldn't put this one down. Lots of red herrings . Didnt see the ending coming. It was a lot more fucked up than I expected.

One thing I noticed was that although this was published in 2007, some of the language was a little dated. This didnt bother me at all, it was just something I noticed. I sort of like books like this, they make me very nostalgic for a time before the Internet and smart phones.

Also another thing I noticed was that the parents in this story were quite young but seemed so ol...more
 PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
This was the first book I have read from this author and I will most definately be reading more of her books now. This was a very fast paced thriller with a lot of twists and turns.

The characters in the story were very likeable and everytime I thought I found out who the killer was I would get thrown around. The ending was great and the killer was not who I thought it was!I liked the little spooks I would get from reaidng this at 1am when I was home alone with my dog! lol What a great mystery/...more
Nancy
Last Seen Alive has all the ingredients of a romp of a Halloween read. There is a serial killer, a woman with second sight, expected to solve the murders; ghostly voices and a little romance thrown in for fun.
Thompson's are interesting, clever and people you would like to meet.
Angie crosby
I really enjoyed this book. I've read a few of Carlene Thompson's books, and i've enjoyed them all. Good story flow, characters are interesting. Good story lines. I did have an idea it was who it ended up being but then I questioned myself a bit in the story.
Mysterious
Apr 29, 2008 Mysterious rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Suzanne
Thompson did a very good job twisting and turning the reader, throwing a shadow of doubt on various characters right up until the end when you find out the entire truth.
Michellesdale
Pretty good suspense. Had me guessing till the end.
Carina
This book was very good.
Cornerofmadness
Kristen
In Last Seen Alive, Carlene Thompson's stellar romantic suspense debut, she wrote us a rocky and twisted story in a small town. Twelve years ago, Chyna Greer's best friend Zoey Simms disappeared and later presumed dead. Now she returned back to Black Willow, when her mother died. After a boating accident, she began having ESP with a stellar gift. While she mourns the loss of her mom, she discovered the sterling connection of other missing girls. Right under her nose, another girl goes missing, w...more
Sammie
Carlene Thompson is one of my favorite authors. She keeps her books full of suspense. I have read nearly all of her books and never been disappointed.
Karen C
Liked but can't remember specifics.
Arlith
This started off good. The opening was interesting. Then Chyna went back "home". One absurd thing after another was happening. People's reactions didn't seem real or even to make sense. I finished it, hoping the ending would make reading the book worthwhile, unfortunately for me it really didn't. It felt like I was reading a really bad Lifetime movie. Not one of the better ones...but one where you couldn't believe that people were paid money for it.
Alexandra
carlene thompson is the master of red herrings, another great read
Lennyb
wie in praktisch allen ihren Büchern greift Carlene Thompson bei der Story auf Geschehnisse, die die Protagonisten in der Vergangenheit erlebt haben, zurück. Aber dennoch sind die Geschichten unterschiedlich. Die Story ist mit überraschenden Wendungen und spannend erzählt. Zu empfehlen.
Le Paginestrappate
Una lettura d’intrattenimento che fa il suo lavoro per bene e per il piacere del lettore
Doreen
would have preferred it if cynna is just a genius rather than having ESP...
Jana Denardo
An engaging mystery/suspense book set in West Virginia with a little ESP thrown in
Ms Athos
A fast read: has ESP, mystery, love, family, and a great dog named Michelle.
Marianne Jay
Very good book. Keeps you guessing until the last pages.
Pixie/PageTurners(Amber) C.
Easy read, that will keep you guessing.
Betty
I like her books, have read them all.
Lori Van Buskirk
Pretty good so far.
Maggie Shanley
Maggie Shanley marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Lizz Green
Lizz Green marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Lara Pavel
Lara Pavel marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Sarah is currently reading it
Sep 15, 2014
  • Midnight Rain
  • Fade To Black
  • Final Breath
  • Inferno
  • Stolen in the Night
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • The First Cut (Nan Vining Mysteries, #1)
  • What She Doesn't Know
  • Dreams of the Dead (Nina Reilly, #13)
  • Butterfly
  • The Little Death (Louis Kincaid, #10)
  • Final Sins
  • A Cold Dark Place (Emily Kenyon, #1)
  • One Deadly Sin
  • Next Time You See Me
  • Dead Even (Dead #3)
Black for Remembrance In the Event of My Death Don't Close Your Eyes Since You've Been Gone All Fall Down