Start by marking “Last Seen Alive” as Want to Read:

Last Seen Alive

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  346 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews

Now Chyna has come b
Published May 29th 2007 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Last Seen Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Seen Alive

PuMbA's MoMmy*•.♥.•*
This was the first book I have read from this author and I will most definately be reading more of her books now. This was a very fast paced thriller with a lot of twists and turns.

The characters in the story were very likeable and everytime I thought I found out who the killer was I would get thrown around. The ending was great and the killer was not who I thought it was!I liked the little spooks I would get from reaidng this at 1am when I was home alone with my dog! lol What a great mystery/
Jennie
Oct 28, 2009 Jennie rated it it was amazing
The best book I have read in a while if you get the chance to read it and love mysteries this is a really great book.
Alexandra
May 26, 2013 Alexandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put this one down. Lots of red herrings . Didnt see the ending coming. It was a lot more fucked up than I expected.

One thing I noticed was that although this was published in 2007, some of the language was a little dated. This didnt bother me at all, it was just something I noticed. I sort of like books like this, they make me very nostalgic for a time before the Internet and smart phones.

Also another thing I noticed was that the parents in this story were quite young but seemed so ol
Kathy Jackson
Mar 13, 2015 Kathy Jackson rated it liked it
This book I read today while at work. Yes, sometimes it is quite nice to have a job that pays me to do whatever I want as long as I stay in my booth. I was hoping I'd be busy enough at work to not get the whole book read today - I don't know what I will do for 7 hours tomorrow now but suppose I will pick another book.

This one has been on my list for quite a while and it finally came up on top when I sorted my books on my Nook. I was afraid the book would be too easy to figure out and that I'd be
Nancy
Sep 29, 2010 Nancy rated it liked it
Last Seen Alive has all the ingredients of a romp of a Halloween read. There is a serial killer, a woman with second sight, expected to solve the murders; ghostly voices and a little romance thrown in for fun.
Thompson's are interesting, clever and people you would like to meet.
Angie crosby
Aug 13, 2008 Angie crosby rated it really liked it
Shelves: alex, suspense
I really enjoyed this book. I've read a few of Carlene Thompson's books, and i've enjoyed them all. Good story flow, characters are interesting. Good story lines. I did have an idea it was who it ended up being but then I questioned myself a bit in the story.
Mysterious
Apr 29, 2008 Mysterious rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Suzanne
Thompson did a very good job twisting and turning the reader, throwing a shadow of doubt on various characters right up until the end when you find out the entire truth.
Michellesdale
Sep 21, 2013 Michellesdale rated it really liked it
Pretty good suspense. Had me guessing till the end.
Carina
May 05, 2011 Carina rated it it was amazing
This book was very good.
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Feb 11, 2015 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
4 STARS

"Chyna Greer was sixteen when her best friend, Zoey, disappeared. Though very different in looks and temperament, the two girls shared a bond that was stronger than blood. But even Chyna's urgent warnings couldn't prevent a love-struck Zoey from sneaking out to the lake to meet her secret crush--and being swallowed up into the warm summer night forever….

Now Chyna has come back to her West Virginia hometown of Black Willow to lay her mother to rest. But memories of Zoey are everywhere…and
Cornerofmadness
Jul 30, 2011 Cornerofmadness rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Bonijo Eisenberg
His walk her walk

Did you ever feel while looking into a chasm that you are being sucked in? That is how you feel when she is. By the lake hearing Zoey's whispering. This book was a delight. I always like Charlene's stories. And when I write to her she writes back. She is a great person. I also like the names she picks for her characters.
Kristen
Apr 19, 2014 Kristen rated it really liked it
In Last Seen Alive, Carlene Thompson's stellar romantic suspense debut, she wrote us a rocky and twisted story in a small town. Twelve years ago, Chyna Greer's best friend Zoey Simms disappeared and later presumed dead. Now she returned back to Black Willow, when her mother died. After a boating accident, she began having ESP with a stellar gift. While she mourns the loss of her mom, she discovered the sterling connection of other missing girls. Right under her nose, another girl goes missing, w ...more
Melissa Cowder
Feb 07, 2016 Melissa Cowder rated it it was amazing
I love Carlene Thompson's books. They're easy to read, suspenseful and well-written. This one was no exception. I read it a long time ago and couldn't remember the ending, so it was nice to "relive" it.

The romance at the end was a little corny but, overall, the story was great. Highly recommend!
Sammie
Jul 09, 2014 Sammie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carlene Thompson is one of my favorite authors. She keeps her books full of suspense. I have read nearly all of her books and never been disappointed.
Maya
Jan 06, 2016 Maya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Très bonne intrigue, néanmoins des questions restent sans réponses.
Jihed GHARRED
Jan 07, 2016 Jihed GHARRED rated it it was amazing
Du moment où j'ai commencé à lire ce roman je ne pouvais plus m'arrêter ...il est aussi intéressant ...
Lori
Mar 20, 2015 Lori rated it it was amazing
read when it first came out, how I wish I could be a ratings reveiwer
Freyja Flores
Apr 04, 2015 Freyja Flores rated it really liked it
I did not expect the turn of events, really.
Overall, I like the plot and the characters.
Karen C
Sep 14, 2014 Karen C rated it liked it
Liked but can't remember specifics.
Arlith
Oct 24, 2010 Arlith rated it did not like it
This started off good. The opening was interesting. Then Chyna went back "home". One absurd thing after another was happening. People's reactions didn't seem real or even to make sense. I finished it, hoping the ending would make reading the book worthwhile, unfortunately for me it really didn't. It felt like I was reading a really bad Lifetime movie. Not one of the better ones...but one where you couldn't believe that people were paid money for it.
Alexandra
May 11, 2014 Alexandra rated it really liked it
carlene thompson is the master of red herrings, another great read
Mar 23, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
Fair book that kept me guessing as to who the killer was. Enjoyed the slight supernatural element to the story. It's not an Earth-shattering break the mold story but it did a good job keeping me interested and was easy enough to follow and get back into when I didn't have the time to read.
Lennyb
Aug 11, 2011 Lennyb rated it really liked it
wie in praktisch allen ihren Büchern greift Carlene Thompson bei der Story auf Geschehnisse, die die Protagonisten in der Vergangenheit erlebt haben, zurück. Aber dennoch sind die Geschichten unterschiedlich. Die Story ist mit überraschenden Wendungen und spannend erzählt. Zu empfehlen.
Le Paginestrappate
Una lettura d’intrattenimento che fa il suo lavoro per bene e per il piacere del lettore
Doreen
Dec 23, 2013 Doreen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
would have preferred it if cynna is just a genius rather than having ESP...
Jana Denardo
Jul 27, 2011 Jana Denardo rated it liked it
An engaging mystery/suspense book set in West Virginia with a little ESP thrown in
Susan
Jun 10, 2008 Susan rated it liked it
A fast read: has ESP, mystery, love, family, and a great dog named Michelle.
Marianne Jay
Sep 27, 2014 Marianne Jay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have
Very good book. Keeps you guessing until the last pages.
Pixie/PageTurners(Amber) C.
Easy read, that will keep you guessing.
  • The Final Kill
  • Blind Curve
  • No Way Home
  • Inferno
  • Dying Breath
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Final Breath
  • The Assassin (Selena McCaffrey, #1)
  • Rapid Descent
  • Eden Rising (Eden, #5)
  • The Next Victim (Kali O'Brien, #7)
  • What She Doesn't Know
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.
More about Carlene Thompson...