Start by marking “Highland Thirst (MacNachton Vampires, #4)” as Want to Read:
Highland Thirst (MacNachton Vampires, #4)

Highland Thirst (MacNachton Vampires #4)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,023 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
"New York Times" bestselling authors Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands once again combine their talents to deliver their most thrilling book yet. Set in the rugged Scottish Highlands, here is the spellbinding tale of two men destined to live by night with a hunger only the blood of Outsiders can quench--and a passion only two extraordinary women can satisfy. . . Embrace The D ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Highland Thirst, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Thirst

Brenda (b)
Hannah Howell and Lynsay Sands are 2 wonderful authors and they both manage to draw me into their stories and keep me reading. These 2 stories are a continuation of the MacNachton Vampire series and not much has changed -- the MacNachton/MacAdie clans are still being hunted and persecuted. Heming and Tearlach are the sons of couples from stories in The Eternal Highlander and Highland Vampire. My main complaint was that the storylines weren't very original in the basic plot -- vampires in need of ...more
Danielle
Hannah Howell didn't seem all too interested in writing vampire stories. And oddly enough Lynsay Sands wasn't that much better. Her Argeneau Family Series is much better.I wouldn't have felt anything for the characters if it wasn't for the situation. There wasn't much buildup for them. And the whole book was the same story with 4 people. 2 were the main characters in the first half and the other two were the main in the second half. But all in all it was still better than watching re-runs on tv.
Cherie
Oct 28, 2012 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Hannah Howell's story is about another son of Jankyn and Efrica, Henning. His Lady is Brona who is being wooed by force by the man who is first to her uncle. She finds Henning and three other men in the dungeon and frees them using her knowledge of secret pathways and catacombs within the castle. This is another great story in this series. Brona is courageous and loyal. The story rolls along at a reasonable pace with plenty of action.

Lynsay Sand's story is about Tearlach who is the only offsprin
Sherri
Aug 16, 2015 Sherri rated it liked it
Two intertwined stories about cousin Scot vampires in the 16th century. The first story was a little uneven and stretched plausibility. Not the vampires but that the heroine had pets, particularly a cat in a time when cats were considered evil or witches and no one had a problem with it. The second story was better written and I liked the heroine a lot more. It was a little harsher and the characters more rounded. I admit the accents and language took awhile to get used to and understand but I s ...more
Geraldine
Aug 23, 2015 Geraldine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two excellent paranormal romances.

I have been reading Hannah Howell's books for a long time. I am fairly new to reading Lynsay Sands books and I feel she is going to be another favorite author of mine. I loved these books and they kept your interest that you did not want to put the book down. I will continue to read both authors books.

I would recommend this book to everyone who loves paranormal and Highlanders.
Tammy Downing
Nov 21, 2015 Tammy Downing rated it liked it
An interesting book consisting of two related stories. Cousins Heming and Tearlach are Scottish vampires on a mission to discover what the English Outsiders are planning. They are drugged in an inn and are taken prisoner, one by a sadistic Scottish Laird and the other by a sadistic English Lord. The stories follow the adventures of each of the cousins as they meet the woman they are destined to mate with and escape their imprisonments.
Barbara ★
Hannah Howell and LYnsay Sands have done it again! I love these "Highland vampire" novels of their's.

This installment consists of two cousins (vampires) who get captured because apparently they are soulless demons. However, the captors don't want them dead they want to find the reason for their unnaturally long life. They are tortured unmercifully during their captivity and rescued by woman being forced to marry against their will.

I really like the way Hannah Howell describes the Highlands of S
Christine Brand
Mar 28, 2014 Christine Brand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series

Howell and Sands together in one great read. The two stories worked and are a pleasure to read. These are not a dark vampire series, just light romantic typical of both authors and very good.
Lora Allen
Nov 01, 2015 Lora Allen rated it it was amazing
Totally loved this book. My mind tends to visualize everything I read so as you can expect this was definitely a very vivid book. Hard to put down and craved more when it was done.
Heather
Jan 17, 2015 Heather rated it liked it
Quick and entertaining read with 2 stories about Highland cousins and the women who rescue them.
Lana
Apr 25, 2016 Lana rated it really liked it
Highland Thirst**** (Blood Feud*** by Hannah Howell, The Capture**** by Lynsay Sands)
Ky
May 26, 2015 Ky marked it as to-read
HOW THE HELL DO I READ THE BOOK?! It won't let me read it :/
Amy
Jul 02, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
I found this book at the library the other day, when I didn't have my "to-read" list with me. It caught my attention when I saw that it had Highland in the title. Of course being a fan of the Outlander series made me want to learn more about it, so I found out it was a Scottish Highland romance novel with vampires! What an awesome combo! It was literally a combination of Outlander and Black Dagger Brotherhood! It was an easy read with a very predictable plot...but who reads a romance novel for t ...more
melissa garner
Dec 27, 2014 melissa garner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeps getting better

Series continues to show the depth of the clan great romance of the parties involved from storyline continue to read that series yet
Bridget
Jul 15, 2011 Bridget rated it liked it
Two cousins travel the Highlands trying to scout out opposition forces who are trying destroy the McNachton clans who have been born with paranormal gifts like long life, strength and health but also inability to tolerate sun and occasional need to ingest human blood. Heming and Tearlach are captured and tortured to reveal their secrets, but both have the good fortune to be rescued by lovely young women who each will control their own estates. Convenient that. Typical of Howell and Sands. OK but ...more
Oct 04, 2015 Laura rated it did not like it
Boring. Nothing much happened.
Tam Cooke
Feb 27, 2015 Tam Cooke rated it it was amazing
I loved it
Annie
Mar 23, 2011 Annie rated it liked it
You know what i love about these books? I mean, come on, if a guy was to tell you right now today in the year 2011, that he needed to drink blood to live, and the sunlight weakened him, so he'd have to stay inside all day, you'd think he was slap nutz. But these ladies 100's of years ago, there all like, sure , i get that. must be some unknown medical malady. I love you , drink MY blood. LOL. that's what i love about these books. clearly i can' t get enough.
Rennie
Mar 27, 2011 Rennie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. My standards for entertainment, especially romance novels, are pretty low. It's damn near impossible to go wrong for my taste if you throw in the Highlands, yet somehow this book failed me utterly. The nigh-stupefying simplicity of the storyline suffered more when burdened by clunky dialogue, tired exposition, and a complete lack of anything even remotely original. What a stinker. So glad it was a loaner - I didn't pay for it AND I can give it back!
Claire
Oct 17, 2010 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vampires and Highlanders?! What more could I ask for?! I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It had all the things I love about my Highland historical romances and all the things I love about the paranormal aspect of vampires. The story was interesting and it really kept moving at a nice pace. The characters were interesting, and I LOVED the names. If you're a fan of historical romance AND paranormal romance, this book is PERFECT for you!
Katherine
Dec 28, 2011 Katherine rated it it was ok
I had so much trouble reading the dialogue that it was a total distraction, and I was unable to form any emotional attachment to the characters. I love a rich vocabulary, but Howell's rendition of the Scottish accent is just too forceful. Normally I enjoy the writings of both authors, but this one was way off target.
K
Jul 19, 2009 K rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
Another slam dunk for Howell and Sands! As with the other two collaborations, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and couldn't put it down. I won't bore you all with details, but lets just say I would definately recommend this book to other readers! After all, who doesn't love a story with romance and vampires!
Veronica W.
Mar 23, 2014 Veronica W. rated it it was amazing
I just love this series!
Denice
Jun 26, 2012 Denice rated it it was amazing
The story was really good and was really sad because of the people who thought that they had the right to have what they want... But at least the girls saved their guys... And there's a very, very happy ending for all of them... I just wish those hunters will be stopped... I really hate them...
Tasneem
Jul 20, 2011 Tasneem rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire
I really enjoyed this double bill. Howell especially writes beautifully, and the highland vampires are gorgeous. I wish I could find one of my own. Manchester is not that far south surely? Entertaining, fiesty heroines who save their vampires highlanders' is an especially nice twist to both plots.
JJBMocha
Jan 30, 2013 JJBMocha rated it really liked it
It would be interesting to have Berawald's book. Again there was a lack of important information making me feel that there wasn't enough collaboration between the authors considering they are writing the same series and it makes me want to give a much lower rating. 4 stars for entertaining
Krissys
Nov 13, 2014 Krissys rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
I love reading anthologies because you get to see and experience your favorites all in one place. Over and over Howell and Sands win you over and leave you dying for more. I couldn't read Highland Thirst fast enough and when I was done I didn't want it to end! :) Five stars for sure!
Brittany
Jun 24, 2010 Brittany rated it it was amazing
AMAZING....I loved how the two writers go so smoothly and how they split up the story. VERY creative and very satisfying story too! I highly recommend to any one who likes a little romance and a lot of adventure!
Kbee
Loved it when I first read it in 2011.

AUDIOBOOK: listen to 26 to 27 February 2015

Narrator: Marguerite Vine, made it come to life. She did one good job with accents and voices, both men and women.
Abby Helstrip
Feb 21, 2011 Abby Helstrip rated it it was ok
Highland thirst is a heroic, romance book. 2 stories similar to one another but not the same both have twist as the girls safe the day, in both stories the characters fall in love.
  • Highland Hearts
  • The Brat
  • A Highlander of Her Own (Daughters of the Glen, #4)
  • Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3)
  • Dead Sexy
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...

MacNachton Vampires (9 books)
  • The Eternal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires #1)
  • Highland Vampire (MacNachton Vampires, #2)
  • My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3)
  • Nature Of The Beast (MacNachton Vampires, #5)
  • Highland Beast (MacNachton Vampires, #6)
  • Yours For Eternity (MacNachton Vampires, #7; Guardians of Eternity, #6.5)
  • Highland Hunger (MacNachton Vampires, #8) (Knights, #0.6)
  • Born to Bite (MacNachton Vampires, #9)