Porque Te Amo = Because I Love You

Porque Te Amo = Because I Love You

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  1,767 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Because I Love You
Published December 28th 2001 by Spanish House (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Porque Te Amo = Because I Love You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Porque Te Amo = Because I Love You

A.
Oct 08, 2009 A. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: age 8 and younger
I like the illustrations and the plot.

Indirectly, it teaches children that God loves his creation.

God sets boundaries for people to protect them like this man built a wall to protect the children in his village. If God wants to prevent us from wrong doing, He can, but that not what He wants...He wants us to have a free will. Similarly, this man made holes in the wall to teach the children how to control their inner voices.

...and when they make mistake God is ready to help...like this man who wa...more
Ilze
I take my hat off to Max Lucado for this series of books. It brings the whole concept of God's love home to little ones in such a special way that adults benefit from it too. Leonie (for some reason) cannot stop looking at the page where Palladin gets lost and sits on the ground crying. Heinze's illustration shows that Shaddai is coming in the distance, so Leonie whispers: "He's coming!" after which we have to go to the next page and then she'll stare at the image of Shaddai with Palladin in his...more
Hannah
*sighs* I love this book. A lot.
Max Lucado has weaved a tale that is a take on real life. It's religious, I'll warn you, but it's good. Rich in storyland fiction.

The children all love him. He loves the children. And he builds a wall.
This Wall has no holes. None of the children can get out, and the little boy illustrated on the cover wonders why.
"Because I Love You."
Suddenly, there is a hole in the wall (wow, that was definitely sudden).
The boy climbs through it. Outside is beautiful. Outside is...more
Denise Kerns
GOD:BY= Georgia Kerns

This story is talking about how God is always their for you even when you've done something wrong. Sometimes you think that it's God's fault for letting the situation happen to you, but always remember in the bible it says "I will never leave you or forsake you". Always make sure you read your bible everyday. It's funny that I thought of this verse because I don't even read the bible and where I here that verse at is from the word of the Lord I hear at church.
Jessica Rawden
Ah, Christian fiction. I knew people were often not on board with this book, finding it to not be kosher, if you will (had to), but I didn't know why until I picked it up. It's kind of a shame that this book is a super Christian message about the maker and not just a lesson learning story or a cultural teaching story. It's really a shame because Mitchell Heinze's artwork has a real texture to it that I liked. I wish that people wouldn't bulldoze their faith around and would instead try to just t...more
Glenda
A very good book. A great way to teach your children about free agency and the love their Heavenly Father has for them. He is always there, watching, and ready to rescue us.
Zach Hamrick
This book is really good. It really teaches students that parents and teachers set rules in place to not make their life terrible but to keep them safe because parents and teacher care about the student.
Rosa
A wonderful analogy for teaching children & youth why our loving Heavenly Father gives us commandments, why He gave us the gift of free agency, and how He is always readily available to rescue us when we choose the wrong path (He already provided the way for us to return to Him by sending His Son to atone for our sins and be our Redeemer). His gift was given for all, but we each have the choice to accept His gift or not. All we need to do is call to Him with a "broken heart and contrite spir...more
Sharlee
Apr 23, 2008 Sharlee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
If I could add an extra star I would. This book is just SO good. I could read it over and over again. It's message is so amazing and it makes me tear up every single time I read it. I use it to teach about rules and why I establish rules in my classroom. It teaches about agency and Heavenly Father's love for all of his children. It talks about how well He knows us. It's just such an amazing book with so many different takes!
Snorkle
A warm tale of how much God loves us that he would protect us and keep us safe.

This is such a sweet book, I love how Max Lucado expertly shows children just how much God loves them and still makes it so they can understand, without making it a boring read for parents either.

*Taken from my books review blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
Anna
Childrens parable about God and how he knows each one of us by name. He builds a wall to keep us out of sin, but for some reason we continue to want to get through the wall. Theres a hole in the wall. God wants us to stay with Him because we want to. Once we're entangled in sin it's hard to go back, but it's possible. God comes to rescue us, by sending His son Jesus.
Lisa
This has beautiful artwork. What I didn't like was the message. The child was saved after he was told he wouldn't be. It blurs the line of authority and doing the right thing. I get that even after the child does the wrong thing that God saves him. But, in real life, that's not the case. So, it creates mixed feelings for me.
Mary Baker
This is a book for older readers. The illustrations are beautiful but the text and message is intented for older readers. People who really care about us are always there but let us decide and choose for ourselves. This story is very heartwarming and enlightening and reminds us that someone is always there.
David
I read this and don't get it. Is this guy supposed to be God. Is this a cult training manual for kids? What's with the wall...why does he have to build a wall, oh because he needs a life. it's plain creepy. But by all means enjoy your bearded Zeus god fantasy. Even my daughter says this is kind of strange.
Brianna Schrag
One day Paladin, the village's most curious child, discovers something troubling about the wall. Something that makes him wonder about Shaddai's love. Could there be a mistake? Young Paladin is about to discover the answer. And when he does, he will come to understand just how deeply he is loved.
Misty
Yes this is a children's book but it's nicely written. I went to a BSU meeting and it was actually read to us. Yeah, I felt like I was back in kindergarten but it was okay. It was such a beautiful story and one of the most inspirational children's books I have ever seen.
Mandy
Bella's book... She loves for us to read to her. Seriously she LOVES it! She has all sorts of books but my faves to read to her are Christian children's books. Max Lucado's books are some of my favorite. Jason and I read his books so its cool to have Bella books by him as well.
Michelle
Nov 18, 2008 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!!
This is one of my favorite books to give to children/babies for birthdays. I love this book! It teaches children to love themselves for who they are and that it it doesn't matter what other people think of them; that what only matters is that Heavenly Father loves them.
Tia
Another great lesson from Max Lucado! Sometimes we make the wrong choice, but we can be saved all we have to do is ask for help. This would be a wonderful book for jail ministry. Shows us that we can turn our life around, and that it is not too late to change.
Paula
This is probably my favorite kids book ever! Lucado tells the story so eloquently about a young boy who longs for adventure (don't we all) and strays away from the Master (representing God) and is found in the end....great!!!
Emily Mcalister
I can't say enough about Max Lucado and his children's books. I can still hear my Mothers voice reading them to me and I can't wait to read them to my own children some day. They will always hold a special place for me :)
Brenda Wharton
what a beautiful story of the wise old man who creates a safe and loving place for children to live, but one of the children decides to see what is beyond the walls and finds out it's better in the saftey of the village
Mandi
"I have to admit - I am a huge fan of Max Lucado's children's books and this one is no exception. An excellent story depicting God's love for us and His reason for giving us the choice to obey Him."

Kara Anderson
I have read this soooo many times and I still can't get through it without crying. It describes how our Savior will always be there for us and describes how I feel about my children!!!
Corinne
I love all of the Max Lucado books and the messages he portrays through his stories. I have now purchased almost every Max Lucado book because I enjoy them so much!
Jamie
This author has such a way of teaching morals through his writing. They are simple to read yet so complex in their teachings. Young and old alike will love these books.
Kelly
Max Lucado does an awesome job of portraying just how much God loves us.. That even if we wonder and stray that God is waiting to welcome us back with open arms..
Leanne
Max Lucado's books for children are exceptional, every child deserves to have them read out loud to them and every parent deserves to experience their message.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
This is a really good story with a very worthwhile and important message that is especially important now in our culture of obsessive independence.
Jessie
We have ALL the Max Lucado childrens books in our library. The artwork is amazing as is the message found in every book.
  • Daughter of a King
  • The Story of the Walnut Tree
  • Sheep Out to Eat
  • The Princess and the Kiss: A Story of God's Gift of Purity [Book with Audio]
  • Mummies Made in Egypt
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition,...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear