Start by marking “Her Warrior Slave (MacEgan Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Warrior Slave (MacEgan Brothers, #1)

Her Warrior Slave (MacEgan Brothers #1)

Kieran Ó Brannon is no ordinary slave—defiant, daring and dangerous, he is untamable! Iseult MacFergus is drawn to this powerful man with the strength of a warrior and the honor of a king. She trusts him to help find her lost child….

Kieran sold himself into slavery to save his brother's life, but Iseult, with the face of an angel, gives him hope that he can again be a free

ebook, Harlequin Historical #992, 288 pages
Published November 2008 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Her Warrior Slave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Warrior Slave

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

This was another great read from the MacEgan series.

Kieran is a slave, but he is proud, defiant and a man of integrity who can't seem to forgive himself for a tragic event that he had no control over.

Iseult is the betrothed of the man who bought Kieran at a slave auction. She is instantly drawn to Kieran, and even though she tries to ignore the feelings he stirs in her, nothing can keep her from wanting to be with him.

A series of events have given them a common purpose, and so they find themsel
Miranda
I closed this book with a satisfied sigh and it brought a smile to my lips. Michelle Willingham can write historical romances so well!

photo slave1_zpsaf829aaf.jpg

This story is set back in Ireland in 1102 AD and definitely one plagued with hardships. But trails and tribulations are expected in any romance, right? If you love a good medieval romance, you've got to give this one a go.

There are many characters in this story. It has a great storyline, plenty of action, many forbidden kisses, and lots of untamed passion enoug
İnci Puyan
Dec 29, 2012 İnci Puyan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Yazarın ilk okuduğum kitabıydı ve diline hayran kaldım çünkü çok akıcı ve sürükleyici yazmanın yanında işlediği konu bütünlüğü ve kurgusu da çok güzeldi. Karakterleri çok güzel oturtmuştu çok beğendim.

Kieran'ın köle olması ama tavırlarında köleymiş gibi olmaması, İseult'un ise tavırları, oğlunu araması çok güzeldi. Genelde bu tür kitaplarda erkeklerin hep kadınlarının ilk erkeği olma isteği ve kadınlarının bakire olmasını gerektiğini okurken bu kitapta kad
May

Hero "Kieren" is a warrior with a high status that was sold into slavery How ? Why ? You'll find out. He become a slave to the Heroine betrothed and then after a while not immediately a spark happens between them.

Heroine "Iseult" is a blacksmith daughter she had a child with a man before that was stolen and now she is betrothed to another man a chieftain son. At first she dislikes this high spirited mean warrior and it begins to change ..

--------------------------------------------------------
Shannon Stacey
A rich, emotional read. Both the hero and the heroine are not only grieving, but feel guilty, yet I didn't feel the book got depressing or maudlin. I felt bad for the man she was supposed to married and I felt one of the threads of the story was wrapped up a little too quickly, but overall a very enjoyable read.
Nicole
Sep 10, 2009 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
Excellent. I know I should say a whole bunch more but that one word encompasses it all for me. I loved the story. Was surprised by how things played out. Totally loved the way things played out. It brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion, both happy and sad. And I loved that it had an epilogue. Rounded things out perfectly. This is a must read.
Karen
Michelle Willingham is a favourite author of mine and I was so pleased to get to read this MacEgan series. I don't have a detailed review to give because I was too keen to keep reading on in this series I omitted to write one....I can just say if you like historical romance set in the early 1100's then you must just love this series.
Netanella
This one hits all the right notes - a beautiful romance, a tender alpha hero, babies and family reunions. Very nicely done.
Tia Till
So I read a romance novel so y'all didn't have to. Therefore, buckle up ye wee ducklings, for I have much wisdom to share.
The books starts classy, with the protagonist's betrothed bringing home a slave half beaten to death and literally on death's doorstep (yes, you guessed right, 10k points to you, he *is* the future dearest love of her life), who somehow manages to still be tall, dark and handsome; tall, dark and snarky, meanwhile brooding and shouldering dark, distuctive secrets, as we find
Andrea Guy
Nov 13, 2009 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the first historicals I've read in a long while and I really enjoyed Kiernan and Iseult's story. It was definitely one plagued with hardships as she was betrothed to another and he was that man's slave. I loved that both hero and heroine were very strong willed. Even Davin her betrothed was very likeable and in this kind of story you would think that he would be a more difficult character to have feelings for, but he was kind and willing to give Kiernan his freedom even when ther ...more
Barbara ★
This is a really heart-wrenching book. Kiernan sells himself into slavery in order to save his stolen brother who is killed anyway. He is finally sold to a man who is betrothed to Iseult. The unexpected friendship between Iseult and Kiernan is beautiful and heart breaking. He is a true hero and she is a good person in a bad situation. Trials and tribulations are expected in a romance, especially a medieval one, but the troubles just kept coming and coming. This is the first book I've read by Ms ...more
Kay
Mar 02, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
In the hopes of saving his brother's life from the raiding Normans, Kieran agrees to sell himself as a slave for his brother's release. But the raiders slit Egan's throut. Iseult is intrigued by the new slave her betrothed has purchased. The new slave has a talent as a wood carver and is commisioned to finish a chest but first he must create a carving of Iseult's likeness. Spending time together is torturous for Kieran as he's not fit to love any woman and Iseult is confused by her burning desir ...more
Kristy
I was a little weary of this one because of the cover and the title... The story sounded good, but the cover and the title just seemed a little corny. But I ended up loving it. Iseult's betrothed, Davin brought home a slave from the slave auction. Unlike most slaves Kieran was not submissive at all, and he exuded confidence and power. Iseult didn't like him, and yet she kept finding reasons to be around him.

I just fell in love with this story, and I couldn't put it down. Kieran was an angry man,
Claudia
Dec 14, 2014 Claudia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! My first Irish historical romance and my first book from Michelle Willingham.
I loved it, I loved Kieran and his sad story and i loved the way he fell in love with Iseult.
Sweet love story during the hard times: the Norse raiders and the coming together of the Irish clans.
I loved the descriptions of the places and the way people lived. It matched the image that I had about medieval Ireland after my visit this summer.
I am looking forward to read more about the Irish warriors.
Kathleen
Jan 26, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Another wonderful book by Michelle. This is how the MacEgan's find their beginning and it is wonderful, insightful, and another sexy love story. We take a walk with Kieran and Iseult learning of their very different struggles and the bumpy road they walk before they come together. This story was more intense for me but I could not put it down. Ms. Willingham puts so much feeling and emotions into her character you feel as though you have walked a lifetime with them.
Kendra
This book didn't really do it for me. It was an ok read but I wasn't able to really root for the characters and I did not feel any emotional connection. The plot was interesting which made it an ok read but it really felt like the characters were going through the motions, then lusting after one another, then going through the motions again. It is a book to pass the time but not one I will read again.
Crystal
It was a pretty good book, plot lines went smoothly, action, romance and human issues. I just had a hard time with the whole thing that she was engaged to a man and basically cheated on him with the other guy. It was also sucky that she goes back to him preggers and he takes her back.
Aurrora James
Jul 15, 2015 Aurrora James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

A sweet story. I enjoyed it for the romance as wells as the history. The only thing that I had a problem with was the formatting of the book. All of the scenes ran together with no breaks so it was sometimes hard to read when there was a time or character change.
Kym
Jul 26, 2009 Kym rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish we could do half stars on the ratings. I think this falls more along the lines of 3.5 for me. It was a nice read, but nothing really special for me. In all fairness I think Medieval may not be the best choice for me. I would read another from this author most likely.
Ambyr
I loved this book. Good characters, good plot, too happy of an ending for everyone involved, but well written. It was a tiny little short book, and could have really been expanded, but it was a great one nighter read.
Barbee
Jul 31, 2016 Barbee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another spectacular action packed passionate Michelle Willingham read! She has that rare gift that draws readers into her Wonderful stories. Just loved this book
Shannon Renee
Jun 08, 2010 Shannon Renee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was suprised about how much I liked this book. It was a really interesting read, a building passion and the search for a lost babe made this a real enjoyable book.
Natalie
I don't have much to say about this. It's an altogether typical romance novel. I was in the mood for some light reading and finished it in an afternoon.
Tara (box5angel)
Michelle Willingham is one of my favorite authors, and I love her historical romances. I loved this book. It was very, very good. Definitely a favorite.
Angela Wade
Nov 10, 2010 Angela Wade rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced, all-in-one-sitting read. No real depth here, but a beautiful love story and touching HEA.
Mary Craven
Jun 24, 2013 Mary Craven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started putting my Kindle to great use. Have the entire MacEgan Brothers series on and ready for summer.
Keri
Mar 02, 2011 Keri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars - It was ok, pretty predictable but it took a long time to get there. I was ready for the book to end so I could begin something else.
Meriza Ito
Meriza Ito rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2013
Beichy
Beichy rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2011
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2012
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • The Devil of Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #1)
  • The Border Laird's Bride
  • Christmas Brides
  • Texas Mail Order Bride (Bachelors of Battle Creek, #1)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • My Brave Highlander (Highland Adventure #3)
  • How to Tame Your Duke (A Princess In Hiding, #1)
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • The Bride Says No (The Brides of Wishmore, #1)
Rita® Award Finalist Michelle Willingham has published over twenty books and novellas. Currently, she lives in southeastern Virginia with her husband and children and is working on more historical romance novels. When she's not writing, Michelle enjoys baking, playing the piano, and avoiding exercise at all costs. Visit her website at: www.michellewillingham.com or interact with her on Facebook at ...more
More about Michelle Willingham...

MacEgan Brothers (7 books)
  • Her Warrior King
  • Her Irish Warrior
  • The Warrior's Touch
  • Taming Her Irish Warrior
  • Surrender to an Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6)
  • Warriors in Winter (MacEgan Brothers, #7)