Start by marking “Rousseau and Desire” as Want to Read:
Rousseau and Desire

Rousseau and Desire

The nature and meaning of desire in Jean-Jacques Rousseau's work have thus far received little attention in Rousseau scholarship. Rousseau and Desire is the first examination of the eighteenth-century philosopher's conceptualization of desire in relation to his understanding of modernity.

The essays in this interdisciplinary collection combine close textual analyses with hi
Published October 1st 2009 by University of Toronto Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Rousseau and Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rousseau and Desire

Neil Mudde
Jul 29, 2014 Neil Mudde rated it liked it
Dr. Mark Blackell is the son of my partner Robert B. Kell, I am currently in the process of reading the book. Those that have, give it high praise, this includes the editing done by John Duncan and Simon Kow.
I am still currently reading this book, and will complete the review once I finish reading this.
It is now July 25th, 2014, and I have finished reading the book, it is very interesting,although not a "pageturner', a lot of research has gone into the subject matter, and it does make for an inf
Jennifer Loeb
Jennifer Loeb is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2010