Start by marking “The Curtis Reincarnation” as Want to Read:
The Curtis Reincarnation

The Curtis Reincarnation

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,494 ratings  ·  219 reviews
Jordan's got a good life. He's got his own web business, a fat cat for a pet and his own house, which he shares with his sister -- oh well, nothing's perfect. Also not perfect is not having someone special to share his life with. His sister Rebecca believes it's because he's too picky and too unapproachable, but Jordan just wants someone to do the Sunday crossword with, ta ...more
ebook, 1st Edition
Published November 2008 by Torquere Press (first published May 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Curtis Reincarnation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curtis Reincarnation

Heaven by Jet MyklesConquest by S.J. FrostHell by Jet MyklesPurgatory by Jet MyklesThe Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest
Best Gay Rockers
5th out of 137 books — 433 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonFish & Chips by Abigail Roux
The Best of Gay Romance
43rd out of 2,232 books — 2,289 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
DNF at 65%

Guys, I just can't today.

Everyone loves this book. I can't even tell you the number of my friends that have this on their all-time favorites list. But aside from Bec, who was pretty freaking awesome, I couldn't stand this book.

I'll sum it up for you in one sentence: Fastest insta-love I've read in a long time. I mean, less than two days to I love you and less than 4 for an engagement? That has to be some kind of record!!

As anyone who knows my reading taste knows, I can't stand insta-lo
Daisiemae
The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest was almost a blind buy for me. I had read a brief interview about the author, and thought I would give it a shot. I am very glad I did! Not only was The Curtis Reincarnation a fast paced, sweet and loving romance, I really felt a connection between all of the characters. They were interesting and well developed, they all (including the secondary characters) were someone I would be proud to be friends with.

I would not consider this an Erotic Romance. I wo
Vio
After much badgering and pressure of the good kind, yes you Dee! I was happily immersed in the lives of Alec and Jordan and what a journey it was drama, rage, despair but most of all there was a glimmer of hope that kept me going. Sweet darling Alec a tormented soul he was like a kicked puppy starved of affection, my heart broke for him. I was so damn happy when Jordan arrived on the scene because we get this slow beautiful change in Alec it's a joy to see. Jordan brings about so many wonderful ...more
Bev
Well, I really enjoyed this story, well thought out, imaginative and romantic

Gothic rock superstar Tyler Curtis is something of a musical prodigy. He's only twenty years old, but for the last two years, he has had the music world in an uproar with his good looks, his abrasive personality, hard drinking and drugs, and his ceaseless womanizing. His fans adore him, and women throw themselves at him constantly.

When Jordan Braxton's sister Rebecca wins two tickets to a Tyler Curtis concert, she insi
Moderatrix Lori
This book has been added to my all time top 10 favorites list. When I read Lori's review (the other Lori) where she said she shied away from this book because she heard it was light on the sex, I was afraid I'd be disappointed too. Not a "turgid shaft" in sight and I didn't miss it at all. I do love a good deflowering scene but I was okay with not being a fly on the wall for this one. When a book makes me tear up that's a sure sign I've totally bonded with the characters and I teared up quite a ...more
Heller
I loved this book.

I adored Alec, who was snarky but incredibly sweet. Jordan had me laughing and omg...the instalove! Okay. It's not a trope that I love but it really, really worked for me here. Becs was awful but she cracked me up.

I've already read this book several times. So over the top the places but it got me emotional. I CANNOT wait for the sequel. If I could give it more than five stars I would.
Ami
Let me count the ways on the elements that made me roll my eyes in this book: Instant love and marriage proposal in under 48 hours (yeah, right!). Check. Overused "I love you". Check. Guys with tears in more than numerous scenes. Check. Far stretched out virginity cases (come on, being 20 years old, and not even touched himself?!). Check.

I can get that this is a fiction that borders to fairy tale -- but it's too much for me. When it is supposed to make me feel sympathy, all I want is to get it
Bookwatcher
So... after a long two days pondering

I think I could try to say something about this book

Why for me it's so hard to talk about it? Probably because I cherish the characters so much I don't want to write a lame review, or something that would made you have second thoughts... I read it just now, 2011, and it has been there in the market from 2008... so well, what I can say is don't do my same mistake and don't wait NEITHER a second! If you got it, READ IT immediately!

About the cuteness of the sto
Macky ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
I hold my hands up and admit I'm an emotional reader. I laugh and giggle out loud when a book's funny and I blubber like a baby when a story is sad or bittersweet. I always fall for my MC's, always get lost in their stories and generally " boo hiss " with a vengeance at the baddies! I did all the latter in this compelling book but my god did I do some serious boo hissing at a few of the characters - You know who you are ...but Ahh... Revenge is sweet - and for one butt clenchingly painfull !! No ...more
Trisha Harrington
The Curtis Reincarnation was my first Zathyn Priest book. Normally I don’t fall in love with an author from one book. But this my friends was the exception to that rule. I didn’t just fall in love. Hell, no. I fell into obsession with this book and its characters. It might sound a bit juvenile, but it’s the honest to God truth. I’m not so sure how you would describe it, but here goes.

I found myself starting off enjoying this. You meet Jordan and Bec, who are brother and sister. They are Australi
Deeze
To quote Alec “There’s so many things
going through my mind right now and I’m not sure I can put any of it into words".

This book took me on a roller coaster of emotions. As well as satisfying my craving for a rock star story, it also delivered on the romance, intrigue, drama, comedy and heartbreak.

Tyler Curtis is not your average rock star. He has so much more depth than most. His story is truely heartbreaking. Jordan is just perfect as the rock Alec needs to hold onto, and despite my anoyance
Brenda (b)
I found this story emotionally engaging. The plot was heartbreaking and triumphant at the same time. The characters, both main and secondary, were interesting and felt like real people to me.
Camilla

I have to admit I didn't like this at all.. And I'm kinda wondering how this can be number 1 on the "gay tear jerker" list? I'm pretty known for crying over every freaking book, but this one? Not even a single teary eyed moment...

It was just all a bit.. Too much? Or something like that.

I found the story too unbelievable.. I mean. Jordan and Alec? What was that? At first I felt like he was almost taking advantage of the poor virgin boy.. You tell him you love him after a day? Seriously? You ask
Elisa Rolle
When I read the blurb of this book I had to buy it: young devilish rock star in love? shy computer geek who is mesmerized by the lure of the show business? hot sex from night one? yes, it seemed another of that "show business" novel I like so much, full of scandal and spoiled naughty young artist in love... and I was wrong! No, not since I didn't like it, I'm up at 2 at night since I can't give up the book till I reached the last page... I was wrong since this is not a glittering love story for ...more
Heather C
I absolutely loved this book. I actually had no intention of even reading it, but once I started it...after the 1st page...I could not put it down. I spent all day reading it. I laughed, I cried, I screamed. This is an amazingly sweet story with great passion, commitment and romance. A story of a innocent young man accepting and "owning" himself and overcoming abuse and loneliness to surround himself with his lover, friends, and fans.

Thanks, N and B for inviting me to read this with you!
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
May 06, 2011 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bubbles Hunty by: Ozlem
Shelves: lol-funny
I loved this book it was so funny and I laughed and cried and laughed some more...
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Again, I seem to be totally behind the times in reading this, so I'm getting on it. :)
3.75*
I liked a lot of this book, I liked Alec finally breaking free and becoming who he really is, I like that the bad guys and gals got their just desserts, I liked that Bec went from 'omg can I just stab her with a spoon' to actually pretty cool, I liked the fairy tale aspects of Prince Charmimg coming to the rescue of the damsel or in this case rocker in distress, I liked the cat. I believe the suffering and
Susan65
Monika
I finished this book early this morning but couldn’t sit and write a review for it. I thought for a while that maybe I wouldn’t that I would just give it a 5 star rating and leave it at that but in the end I couldn’t I had to say something.
I don’t know where to begin with my review of this wonderful, wonderful story. Normally I stay away from reading any reviews until I’ve written mine so I don’t take anything anyone else has written, but with this one, I needed to, I had to know what other peop
Wade

This is a tough one to review. I started reading and I was not "grabbed" by the beginning. Then the insta-love came in and I felt annoyed. (Now I can see why people hate when this happens.) Then little event after event involving said "insta-love" and it aggravated me even more. EXCEPT.... if you take that out, this is a rockin' book. (No pun intended.)

Alec/Tyler is a completely endearing character! Yes, he can be childish sometimes, but I think it fits in perfectly with his character.
MandyM
One of those must-read m/m classics but I think I waited too long to read it because I had trouble getting past the flaws. All the characters in this story stretched my credibility to the maximum, including the insta-love MC's, the slutty foul-mouthed sister, the heartless mother, and the moustache-twirling villian. On the other hand it is a story with a lot of heart so it's not all bad.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I can't really adequately express my feelings on this book. I loved it, I mean, I really loved it but I just can't put into proper words exactly what I'm feeling. *sigh*

Jordan and Alec (aka Tyler Curtis) are very lovable characters. Jordan is kind of portrayed as a douche bag but he's really not. He's sweet to Alec but a bit standoffish to others. Alec is just adorable. Our first glimpse of the 'true' Alec is when he is dancing and singing to his heart's content back stage when he thinks no one
LdDurham
I am incredibly glad that I read The Slayer's Apprentice before I read this one. If I hadn't, I may have written Priest off too soon, and that would have been a tragedy. This book made me realize I need to give authors a few more chances to hit their stride and/or find their voice. (I've been knocked down quite a few pegs by books lately. Awesome.)

This had all the bones of something good, but got bogged down under itself. Mainly, the author's infatuation with the lead character, Alec. Personally
MsMiz (Tina)
I loved, loved, loved this book. There were parts in this book that had me rolling on the bed laughing in tears. Man, I have not laughed like that in a long time. Then there were parts that were just so emotionally wrought, it squeezed my heart to tears. Honestly, Alec and Jordan are so cute, I wanted to wrap them in bubble wrap and keep them with me forever. The secondary characters were done well and brought such flavor to the overall story.

For those who are reticent to try m/m romance, this
Candice
This is a sweet romance story with two likeable main characters, Jordan and Alec/Tyler. I enjoyed the pacing of the story however, do think that the romance could have developed slowly and not had the insta-love that so many books seem to have. I think there can be a love at first site, but this one was a little too quick and could have been developed a little differently. The interaction between the characters was good and liked how all the side issues were wrapped up and not just left hanging. ...more
Mel
May 15, 2011 Mel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, e-book
When I first started this book I expected a slow blossoming romance between a gay boy next door and a suave rock star. Instead I got an insta-lovestory between a gay boy next door and one of the girliest characters I have ever come across in m/m romance. No, make that: any romance. Because Tyler Curtis was so sweet and innocent and naive... he makes Mary Sue look jaded! Seriously: it was really hard for me to picture him as a grown man who could pull off a cool rock star routine in stead of a 12 ...more
SueM
I loved this novel, despite the insta-love trope, the annoying female character and the sometimes childish behavior of Alec/Curtis. It is story of survival, of living through emotional and psychological abuse, of living daily with a disorder capable of reducing you to the most basic level of humanity with little or no warning, and finally seeing that despite all of your flaws, you are worthy of the gift of love.

(view spoiler)
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

The Curtis Reincarnation is a sweet and charming story about Tyler Curtis, aka Alec Tyler, (a mega rock star with a notorious bad boy reputation) and Jordan Braxton (a quiet website designer who shares a house with his sister, Rebecca). Alec and Jordan meet when Rebecca wins tickets to Tyler’s concert.

I really enjoyed this book. Alec and Jordan’s love story was incredibly sweet. This book’s greatest asset, though, may be its drawback: it is incredibly sweet, sappy even, at times. That
Shirley Frances
Sep 10, 2012 Shirley Frances rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shirley by: Jane (PS)
Shelves: mm-read, 2012
4.5 stars.

Loved it! Jordan and Tyler were wonderful, their love story was filled with so much humor, drama and emotion that I found myself laughing out loud at one moment and crying my eyes out at others. I have to admit that I'm not crazy for 'insta-love' books, but in his book Jordan and Tyler spent so much time talking and getting to know each other that in the end it did not matter to me.

All the characters were wonderfully written - even Frank and Tyler's mom. I found the dialog to be excell
Silkeeeeee
It's 2:30AM and I just finished reading this book. I could not put it down damned book down.I read A LOT of books and very seldom do I find one that makes me fall in love with two characters, much less three. So that's a testament to this author's ability to bring three characters to life. This book was not what I expected. I didn't expect it to be funny as hell, sad as hell and so satisfing with a super ending.

Yes, Blacky, here's another book with an HEA.

Highly Recommended if you enjoy a sweet
Goodreads Librari...: need advice 9 103 Sep 06, 2012 05:59AM
Romance Readers R...: March m/m buddy read: The Curtis Reincarnation 46 33 Mar 31, 2012 04:52PM
  • The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1)
  • No Fear (Conquest, #2)
  • Reverb
  • American Love Songs
  • A Red-Tainted Silence
  • Drawn Together
  • Take My Picture
  • With The Band
  • Black Gold
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O’Shaughnessys #2)
  • Second Sight
  • Adder
  • Moonlight Becomes You (Lucky Moon, #1)
Zathyn Priest is an Australian writer with severe vampiric tendencies. Absolutely convinced the sun could turn him to a pile of ash, Zathyn prefers to write under the cover of darkness. This serves two purposes, with the first being the afore mentioned sunlight danger, and the second being the fact that nighttime means no annoying phones ringing or people knocking at the door.

Zathyn has written t
More about Zathyn Priest...
One of Those Days The Slayer's Apprentice Left of Centre Liquid Glass The Statue

“Thank you, baby, for being my rock, my safe place to land, my inspiration, and my heart. No matter what, snaring you as a husband will always remain my greatest achievement. I love you.” 19 likes
“You’ve been working hard, a sandwich isn’t enough. I’ll make you dinner.” From the
freezer she took out a TV meal and threw it in the microwave.”
7 likes