The Shadow Queen

The Shadow Queen (World of Hetar #5)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  551 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Mourn me but briefly. Then find your destiny, Lara, my love, my life. Now let me go.
With those words, the spirit of Magnus Hauk, Dominus of Terah, leaves his body--and thus the fate of a nation rests upon the faerie woman Lara's shoulders.
While Lara's son Prince Taj is well loved by the people of Terah, he is too young to rule, and Lara must obey Magnus's dying command a...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Shadow Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shadow Queen

Jo
A continuation of book 3 (The Twilight Lord) as book 4 introduced a new world & storyline and took place outside of Hetar/Tehran. About 15 years after book 3, a wonderful bringing together of plot & politics. At book 5 in a series, usually things are getting stale, but I found this book to be fresh in it's dealings with the politics & light vs. dark themes. I'm completely surprised to be delighted with a Bertrice Small series again as I'd given up on her books long ago because she ke...more
jD
Lara is back at it with her destiny and the drama that goes with it. This book has very adult content and should not be read by teens and youth. This is the 5th book of the series and it was as good as the previous ones. Lara and her crew never disappoint. Her husband Magnus dies in a freak accident and her 13 year old son must take over as Dominus. Lara is the Shadow Queen while he learns and matures. As usual, she has to juggle being Shadow Queen alongside the fact that one daughter runs away...more
Liz
This was not as good as the previous one's. I liked the first one Lara and the Twilight Lord. The Shadow Queen really sets the future of Lara's son and daughters. Taj is meant to the the new Dominus and is guided to do so by Lara. Marzina is the one I hope Bertrice Small writes about in another book. She is the sister to the twilight lord's son's Kolgrim and Kolbein. I do think the way that Kolgrim and Kolbein's story developed was well written and will set the picture for the next book. Prince...more
S
Bertrice Small is not a good writer. For years I have read her historicals mostly for the one deviant sex scene she always included.

Now Bertrice has accomplished couple of great feats. 1) She has discovered her niche in fantasy erotica. 2) She has snuck erotica into my local library. They don't seem to realize that her genre has changed a bit!
Nicole
Jun 08, 2009 Nicole rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: rom
I was wrong to think I could read a Beatrice Small book again. Flipped through this one enough to get what's going on, but all the characters seem superficial. They don't have enough depth to care about what's going on around and to them. Or so it seems to me, anyway.
Deborah
I have not read the series in a while and stumbled upon the 5th book in the Hetar series and I really enjoyed it. I became familiar once again to the characters in teh book and was introduced to some new ones. I hope there will be more to the series.
Linette
Wow, First of all, I am really sad that Magnus had to die. I liked him more than Vartan. Lara has to teach Taj all he needs to know. Read this book-Don't skip out on it! It was fabulous.
Amanda
Good story. This is probably my favorite Hetar book because of the love story between Kaliq and Lara. Kaliq seems much more... well, human (as much as possible, anyway) in this book.
Michele bookloverforever
the world of hetar filled with ordinary humans and those with magic and the fae. complex politics. interesting heroine.
Amy
The next book in the historical romance series, "World of Hetar" ... excellent!

Warning: Book contains hot sex!
This one was amazing, she's a true gem, the world looks so amazing. magic does exist
Jacqueline
I enjoy reading this book. I can't wait to read another book by Bertrice Small.
Brianna Courtney
As with every other book in this series, I loved it. Great read!
Liz Brown
Great series can wait to read the last book
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The World of Hetar
Category: Fantasy
Linda
great Beatrice Small book
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Charice Lind mehring
Charice Lind mehring marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Genene Sides
Genene Sides marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Shawnda
Shawnda marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Bubli
Bubli marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
  • The Secret of the Keepers: Kailmeyra's Strength (Kailmeyra, #2)
  • The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel, #2)
  • King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • Talon of the Unnamed Goddess
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • Daughter of Fire (Merlin's Legacy, #1)
  • The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3) (The Dawning of Power #1-3)
  • Blood Rebellion (Blood Destiny, #7)
  • Shades of the Past (The Morcyth Saga, #6)
  • Spur of the Moment
  • Sword of Flame (Artefacts of Power, #3)
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • Heir of Stone (The Cloudmages #3)
  • The Night Bird (Lost Continent #5)
  • Redeeming The Lost (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #3)
  • Forgotten Truth (Truth, #3)
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has...more
More about Bertrice Small...
Skye O'Malley (O'Malley Saga, #1) The Kadin All the Sweet Tomorrows (O'Malley Saga #2) This Heart of Mine (O'Malley Saga, #4) Wild Jasmine (O'Malley Saga #6)