Start by marking “Green Light” as Want to Read:
Green Light

Green Light

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Here is the powerful and inspiring novel that has guided hundres of thousands of people and given them strength and comfort. The kindly Dean Harcourt with his simple wisdom has encouraged many to write to Lloyd Douglas for advice and help. He has brought pleasure, solace and inspiration into many lives.

Dean Harcourt, of a Middle-western cathedral, is the motivational forc
Published (first published January 1st 1934)

To ask other readers questions about Green Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Light

It Walks by Night by John Dickson CarrThe Pocket Book of Great Detectives by Lee WrightNana by Émile ZolaThe Case of the Lucky Legs by Erle Stanley GardnerThe Pocket Reader by Philip Van Doren Stern
List of Pocket Books 2
47th out of 64 books — 1 voter
The Way of a Pilgrim and the Pilgrim Continues His Way by AnonymousThe Upanishads by AnonymousThe Diamond Sutra by OshoThe Power of Now by Eckhart TolleDracula by Bram Stoker
Works Mentioned By Salinger
20th out of 20 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Anne Harvey
Reread from many years ago, it's amazing how my reading tastes have changed, probably as a result of the new style of writing, 'show not tell.' It's still a cracking story though and the writing is exceptional still.

Newell Paige is a US mid-west doctor whose mentor, Endicott, is like a father to him. When Endicott receives news of the 1929 Wall Street Crash, he botches an operation, the patient dies, and Paige takes the blame for it rather than have his elderly hero's reputation damaged. To esca
Lexy Martin
This was a book I read as a kid and have reread once since. It was my favorite book for years. The message for me was indirect: whatever I set my mind to, I can do.
Janene
A man who saves the name of a fellow sergeon by taking the blame of a fatal mistake in a surgery. He runs away and in time defines himself more in life and becomes aquanted with someone who is tied to the person who died in surgery. A sweet love story along offers some Christian based ideas.
Stu Page
A book that tells a great story about a mane who has faced great personal difficult helping a multiple of people to face difficulties in their lives thru the Christian Faith Read it 50 years ago and just reread it.
Erin
A young surgeon claims fault for his mentor's fatal mistake and is removed from hospital staff. His career ruined, he sets out with a new identity for adventures away from the medical field.
Valerie Kite
I read this in my early years. It is the story of doctor error gone wrong. Lloyd C. Douglas is a strong Christian author uniquely powerful for his descriptions and expression of feelings.
Clifford
The characterization was what made me read this book of people that lived during the market crash 1930's and a love story to boot!
Wyyknot
Green light by Lloyd C. Douglas (1935)
Partridge Public
Douglas, Lloyd C.
Alec
Alec added it
Sep 01, 2015
Grace Naegle
Grace Naegle marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Willie
Willie added it
Jul 17, 2015
Mira Reichman
Mira Reichman marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Amanda Hernandez
Amanda Hernandez marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Susan Krueger
Susan Krueger marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Deborah Pickstone
Deborah Pickstone marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Samiksha Goel
Samiksha Goel marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Rene Amhof
Rene Amhof marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Lori
Lori added it
Dec 30, 2014
Anca  Ciochina
Anca Ciochina marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Anna Molly
Anna Molly marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
was a noteworthy American minister and author. He spent part of his boyhood in Monroeville, Indiana, Wilmot, Indiana and Florence, Kentucky, where his father, Alexander Jackson Douglas, was pastor of the Hopeful Lutheran Church. He died in Los Angeles, California.
Douglas was one of the most popular American authors of his time, although he didn't write his first novel until he was 50.
His written w
More about Lloyd C. Douglas...
The Robe Magnificent Obsession The Big Fisherman Doctor Hudson's Secret Journal White Banners