Start by marking “Johnny Long Legs” as Want to Read:
Johnny Long Legs

Johnny Long Legs

fiction, sports, basketball, young readers
Published (first published August 1st 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Long Legs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Long Legs

Aaron Schroeder
May 16, 2013 Aaron Schroeder rated it it was ok
I really did not enjoy reading this book. "Johnny Long Legs" is about a boy named Johnny who is super tall, but can not jump high. He gets made fun of for his bad vertical, and it ultimately hurts his basketball skills. He then has to find out if he is a hard enough worker to get himself better. I recommend this book to people in middle school or younger, because older people will find it boring.
Matthew
matt christopher did a good job of making this book it has good details. and had me cheering for johnny the whole time.and the end is amazing i would of never guess it i was suprise for a hour. so if you want a good a basketball book you should get this book for sure.
Blake
Feb 01, 2016 Blake rated it liked it
I'm not a very big fan of this book because it talks about a guy who is very tall and he can't really jump high at all. So the kid has to train and work out a lot to get his vertical better. I recommend this book to younger people because it's a little kid book and is not the best book
Bailey
thursday 30 minutes
firday 15 minutes
Garrett O'Brien
Sep 10, 2015 Garrett O'Brien rated it it was amazing
Johnny Long Legs by Matt Christopher I loved this book I thought it was pretty inspiration and I would recommend this to people uspecially basketball players.
Lance Rademacher
Sep 13, 2015 Lance Rademacher rated it liked it
This was a good book and I thought that it was an inspirational book and people would like this book and mostly people who like sport books.
jacob grimsley
Mar 25, 2010 jacob grimsley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was good
Cade S
Nov 15, 2016 Cade S rated it liked it
This book could have been better. Is it about a boy that plays basketball and he is really tall because of his legs. He isn't the best at basketball because he is uncoordinated.
Joshua
Joshua rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2012
Jayden
Jayden rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
Morgan B.
Morgan B. rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2013
Will
Will rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2013
Kimber
Kimber rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2008
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Bradley
Bradley rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2009
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2011
Alika Kay
Alika Kay rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Thomas
Thomas rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2010
Quincy
Quincy rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2017
Juwuan R.
Johnnu long legs was a good inspiration book and relates to all basketball player
3jonathan3132
3jonathan3132 rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2011
Eryn Veliquette
Eryn Veliquette rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Marcel Laforge
Marcel Laforge rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Nelson
Nelson rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2011
Colshy
Colshy rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2008
Drake
Drake rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2012
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2012
Shaneh34
Shaneh34 rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2014
Esteban Rocha
Esteban Rocha rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Matt Christopher is the writer young readers turn to when they're looking for fast-paced, action-packed sports novels. He is the best-selling author of more than one hundred sports books for young readers.

Matt Christopher is America's bestselling sports writer for children, with more than 100 books and sales approaching six million copies. In 1992, Matt Christopher talked about being a children's
More about Matt Christopher...