Start by marking “Vamps” as Want to Read:
Vamps

Vamps (Vamps Complete)

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Meet Howler, Screech, Whipsnake, Skeeter and Mink -- five dangerously alluring female vampires thundering down America's highways on Harleys (what else?), drunk on freedom and high octane. After killing their male master, the Vamps set out on the open road in search of a new life. If you're a fan of blood, chrome and vampires -- and, well, who wouldn't be -- check out this ...more
Published January 8th 1996 by Vertigo (DC Comics) (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Vamps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vamps

City of Bones by Cassandra ClareHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingTiger's Quest by Colleen HouckHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Favourite Books Of The Last Decade
242nd out of 363 books — 169 voters
Wicked by Gregory MaguireNight World, No. 3 by L.J. SmithGlass Houses by Rachel CaineVacations from Hell by Libba BrayWicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
2009 Reading
36th out of 49 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Gonzalo Oyanedel
En el texto que cierra su versión recopilada, la escritora Elaine Lee desliza razones de género para explicar el feedback que recibió tras publicarse esta miniserie: Odiada o cuestionada por hombres; unánimemente amada por las mujeres.

No obstante, la gran tara de su moderna propuesta vampírica yace en ser predecible, con un guión falto de sorpresas que página a página avanza a un clímax bastante tibio y una resolución que no sorprende. Pocos bonos para una premisa que, dentro de sus propios cli
Alan
In the interests of full disclosure I read this because this was left behind by the apartment's former occupant, and I was about to put in the Half Price Books pile. I thought, well give it a read and see if it is worth keeping.

Overall I would call it a fair vampire story. I did like the additions writer Elaine Lee made to vampire mythology, but I feel that she and the artist fell down in differentiating the look and feel of the female vampires (shades of reading CLAMP manga for characters looki
PurplyCookie

After having decided to turn kill their male leader, the Vamps set out on the open road in search of a new life. Having dealt with him they appear to not really have a clue where to go next so they just head west, leaving quite a bloody trial which doesn't go unnoticed by certain people. One of the Vamps seems
Dony Grayman
Edición recopilatoria en inglés.

En castellano se editó esta misma saga en dos tomos dentro de la Colección Vertigo.
Matti Karjalainen
Elaine Leen käsikirjoittama ja William Simpsonin piirtämä "Vamps" on Vertigon kustantama minisarja viidestä seksikkäästä naisvampyyrista (onko populaarikulttuurissa edes sijaa muunlaisille?), joita ajavat eteenpäin niin pohjaton jano, kosto kuin halu päästä mahdollisimman kauas heidät aikanaan luoneesta verenimijästä. Sarjakuva on omassa genressään aika keskiverto tapaus, jonka voi kai - näkökulmasta riippuen - lukea joko feministisenä tai seksistisenä kauhutarinana. Simpsonin kädenjälki tuo mie ...more
Sara
Really liked the Vamp series.
Reetta Saine
Aivan loistava, monenlaisia tunteita herättävä sarjakuva. Nainen subjektina vampyyritarinoissa on harvinaisuus, mutta Vampseissa heitä riittää viisin kappalein. Muistan, kuinka monet naiskatsojat harmittelivat Thelman ja Louisen loppua - patriarkaatin vallan haastava nainen ei kuitenkaan pääse rangaistuksetta. Tässä sarjakuvassa kosto jyrää status quon kuus-nolla, vaikka äidinvaistoa ei tapa kuolemakaan. Piirrosjälki harmitti suttuisuudellaan, ja häiritsi lukemista.
Jane-Rebecca
I have no idea how I feel about this collection of comics. It is campy in some regards and has traditional vampirisms in other regards. Sometimes the writing is clever, other times it is painfully cliché. While this is no Carmilla, it is actually written by a woman and has some authentic feeling in it – which can perhaps be contributed to the fact that the vamps were inspired by her friends.

So I guess it was entertaining, which is the whole point of writing.
Pranay
thank god i bought it cheap...waste of time and money.
Vertigo specialises in good off beat stories, so i thought this would be too. But the plot as well as the illustrations are too weak. The characters are not built and u don't feel for them. Should be avoided.
Jerman
We are swimming in trite vampire shit lately. This has depth and sex and fun. I hope Elaine has other compelling work out there, because she wrote the hell out of this.
Federiken Masters
Apr 28, 2013 Federiken Masters marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Veremos...
Recommended to Federiken by: Bucletina
Lagorda conrulos pajerota me dijo que lo comprara sólo por el título. Igual estaba bastante barato y pinta interesante, así que ya lo juzgaremos oportunamente.
Dean

I like Vertigo but found this tough going. Premise was ok, but disliked the characters, and the story just drifted...
Sophie
Apr 09, 2011 Sophie added it
very good
Voss
Voss added it
Dec 16, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Leia3771
Leia3771 marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
James Parsons
James Parsons marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Sam Carpenter
Sam Carpenter marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Alexa
Alexa added it
May 30, 2014
Diamond
Diamond marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Vamps 1 de 2 (Colección Vertigo #1) Starstruck Deluxe Edition Starstruck: The Luckless, the Abandoned and Forsaked Vamps 2 de 2 (Colección Vertigo #7) Indiana Jones and the Spear of Destiny (Volume 4)