Start by marking “Awakening Intuition: Using Your Mind-Body Network for Insight and Healing” as Want to Read:
Awakening Intuition: Using Your Mind-Body Network for Insight and Healing

Awakening Intuition: Using Your Mind-Body Network for Insight and Healing

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  246 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
In this groundbreaking, major work on intuition, well-being, and brain science, Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz reveals innovative, fresh, and exciting ways to tap into intuitions that have the power to improve your health and save your life.

Like Spontaneous Healing and Anatomy of the Spirit, this book gives new insights into the intimate connections between the mind, body, and emoti
Published April 20th 1999 by Harmony (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Awakening Intuition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awakening Intuition

Websterdavid3
Jul 30, 2013 Websterdavid3 rated it really liked it
Reading this book to learn how better to teach intuition (see "Practical Intuition" Laura Day, for one good way).

Turns out to be a very dense book linking chakras, body systems, and different ways of intuiting. E.g. your stomach might clench when you apprehend a certain illness in someone else; your hands tremble as you try to force yourself to do something that maybe is best left alone. INtuition as language of the body. Memory in body.

i can't judge how well Mona Lisa integrates broad knowled
Dana
Jul 23, 2012 Dana added it
Hmm. . . interesting ... This book is not as hokey as one might expect it to be. Just to keep your mind open and/or to open it more, it is worth considering if and how our bodies store emotions and memories. Could certain kinds of emotions/memories cause certain health problems? By the time you read this book, you will likely strengthen your belief that our bodies speak to us if/when we take the time to listen. The author is an MD and a PhD who is also able to read people's bodies via a phone ca ...more
Melissa Benbow
May 21, 2015 Melissa Benbow rated it it was amazing
Very insightful. I'm so thirsty to learn more! Perfect blend of psychology and biology, with hints of pseudoscience/metaphysics. I enjoyed it a lot.
Lisa
Oct 08, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it
Intuition is the ability to make a correct determination on the basis of inadequate data

We are all intuitive

Our dreams tell us things

Need both Left and right parts of our brain to tap into intuition most effectively

Right brain is intuitive and left brain needs to piece information together and articulate it.

we need a balance between them

memories are stored in the brain and the body

Memories we retain have an emotional charge to them

If you want to get a sense of intuition and how to recognize it t
Grace Dadoyan
Mar 16, 2013 Grace Dadoyan rated it really liked it
This book discusses the ways that our bodies communicate to us through the illnesses we manifest. The more in touch we can be with our intuition, the sooner we can hear the messages. The more we choose to ignore them, the louder the messages will get to get our attention. There's a chapter for each chakra and what illnesses are related to weakness or disturbance at each chakra. Everyone has intuition that comes to them in different ways. The book is less about how to awaken and develop your intu ...more
Becky
Apr 03, 2015 Becky rated it liked it
Not exactly what I thought it was going to be, but an interesting read just the same.
Kristin
Jul 29, 2010 Kristin rated it liked it
How many stars to give? Did I "really like" this book or was it just "okay"? I really liked the information in it, outlining the chakras, or emotional centers of the body, and how they can influence physical health. I also really liked the idea that the author is a medical intuitive and can sense imbalance in the body or chakras. However, sometimes this book was just okay. I found the writing style a bit self-conscious at points and the author was overbearing and drove me a little crazy. So I "l ...more
Paulina
Dec 04, 2008 Paulina rated it it was ok
Shelves:
I am a strong believer of tuning in to one's intuition thus my interest in books on the subject. The author of this book is an internationally known medical intuitive and even though she admits she can't flat out heal people through her intuitive practice, she does point out ways one can increase awareness to increase the healing process.
Amy
Nov 30, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Katie, Christa, anybody
What I loved about this book: It was a balance of physical and metaphysical science and how imbalances in your chakras or emotional centers, as the author calls them, can influence your physical health. Very well written, funny and entertaining yet intelligent and informative.
Samantha
Jan 24, 2008 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Both personal and scientific, this is a compelling treatise on how to remediate and strengthen one's right cerebral hemisphere functions --and soulful centeredness --for purposes of preventing, and helping to cure, our physical and emotional ailments.
Schoen
Jun 03, 2010 Schoen rated it really liked it
It's hard to ignore the connection between mind and body and this highly skilled professional connects the dots in an almost psychic manner. She reminds us to listen to our inner voices and more importantly take heed.
Keri
Jun 05, 2008 Keri rated it really liked it
Shelves:
This is a fascinating book, but is not an easy read. She is an M.D., PhD, and medical intuitive. The content is important with regard to using insight for medical healing of your body's ailments.
Terrie
Aug 17, 2010 Terrie rated it it was ok
Her examples didn't match with any of my experiences. Her writing style isn't very accessible. I finally gave up on it.
Nancy
Feb 02, 2008 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Christiane Northrup talks about her friend, Mona Lisa and I loved this book of hers just as much, maybe a little more.
Suzie
Jan 10, 2010 Suzie rated it really liked it
Awesome read! If you've ever wondered if various thoughts lead to specific ailments, this is the book to pick up.
Mihaela
Anyone interested in psychosomatic diseases, medicine, intuition, self-healing, this book has it all......
Ali
Apr 17, 2012 Ali rated it it was amazing
This book is so enlightening. No woman should go with out reading it. It's that good and that important.
Leslie North
Oct 14, 2008 Leslie North rated it it was amazing
Helps you understand the medical intuition behind illness and the emotional energy centers of the body
Kate
Jun 26, 2014 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Some interesting info, but a little (maybe a lot) dry. I had to skim the last half.
Sorensenjp
Feb 24, 2008 Sorensenjp rated it liked it
I really like this book, and this lady has some really great perspectives...
Sue Tincher
Jan 04, 2012 Sue Tincher rated it liked it
A Christmas present--not really my thing.
Deborah
Aug 12, 2013 Deborah rated it it was ok
Good read, acting on what I learned.
Karen
Oct 17, 2009 Karen rated it really liked it
fascinating! Loved it.
Maureen Griswold
Maureen Griswold rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Zahra
Zahra rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Jim Ginther
Jim Ginther marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Ana María
Ana María marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Cathy
Cathy added it
Jan 22, 2016
  • How to Meet and Work with Spirit Guides
  • The Fourfold Path to Healing: Working with the Laws of Nutrition, Therapeutics, Movement, and Meditation in the Art of Medicine
  • New Menopausal Years: The Wise Woman Way, Alternative Approaches for Women 30-90
  • Suffering Is Optional: Three Keys to Freedom and Joy
  • Theories of Developmental Psychology
  • The Gifted Adult: A Revolutionary Guide for Liberating Everyday Genius(tm)
  • Invisible Acts of Power: Channeling Grace in Your Everyday Life
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • Emotional Alchemy: How the Mind Can Heal the Heart
  • Tongue Fu!: How to Deflect, Disarm, and Defuse Any Verbal Conflict
  • Growing 101 Herbs That Heal: Gardening Techniques, Recipes, and Remedies
  • Your Aura & Your Chakras: The Owner's Manual
  • Your Drug May Be Your Problem: How & Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications
  • The Ancient Art of Faery Magick
  • Mother-Daughter Wisdom: Understanding the Crucial Link Between Mothers, Daughters, and Health
  • Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self
  • A Field Guide to Rocks and Minerals