Start by marking “3 NBs of Julian Drew” as Want to Read:
3 NBs of Julian Drew

3 NBs of Julian Drew

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Julian Drew “lives” with his father, his abusive stepmother and her children, but it’s not a life anyone would want. He buys his first NB on October 25 at Osco Drug in Tucson. Green spiral. 80 pages. 34 lines per page. He tries to write but his pen won’t cooperate. Then he develops a secret code. Mysterious notebooks record his fight for survival and recovery. Gripping and ...more
Published June 7th 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about 3 NBs of Julian Drew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 3 NBs of Julian Drew

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne FrankSpeak by Laurie Halse AndersonLove, Stargirl by Jerry SpinelliGo Ask Alice by Beatrice SparksThe Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
YA Diary Novels
72nd out of 83 books — 97 voters
1984 by George OrwellFahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyThe Two Towers by J.R.R. TolkienOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. SeussCatch-22 by Joseph Heller
Nothing but Numbers
240th out of 757 books — 114 voters

More lists with this book...

Von Fritz
I found a copy somewhere a long time ago but didn’t buy because I dunno. And then I found this list of must reads for young adults and saw The 3NBs of Julian Drew in it. So when I found a copy again at Booksale, I bought it this time.

The 3NBs of Julian Drew is the story of this boy Julian Drew who is uber abused by his step mother, and well, his father at the same time. After his mother’s death, everything changed. Starved, caged, lambasted, tortured…oh well, lotsa bad things that can make me v
Sammantha
This book was, in a word, fabulous! I was a bit confused in the beginning with all the "codes", but after a while I found it enhanced the story's authenticity and made me feel as if Julian was a real, breathing person (and maybe somewhere he is).

This story of a teenage boy in search of his past and identity had me itching to read more after I had put it down for only a minute. There is, literally, never a dull moment!

Mixed in with the exceptional dialect of this troubled 15-year old are wonderfu
Matthew
This was a decent book. Strait and to the point, there is a kid that lives with his parents and four siblings. He is stuck living in the basement will his siblings live a peaceful life almost. His mom will give him old food or little to none food while his siblings get whatever they want. While he is in his room which is all plain and a couple of things he hides his note book and he writes in code. He writes in code so his parents couldn't read it. The story goes on and he finds a teacher that c ...more
Jasmyne
This was a pretty good book. Not as good as I thought it would be. I put the book down a few times but I kept reading. Part of the book is written in code. The code is actually fairly easy to figure out. Maybe not for everyone, but I already knew the code before I read the book. Overall, I liked the book.
Melissa Hernandez
You know that feeling when you have so many thoughts and feelings running around in your head that you just have to write them down? Except sometimes, they are so overwhelming that you don't know where to start. Julian knows the feeling, and this book takes you on the rollar coaster ride of his thoughts as he himself figures out how to put them into words. Very well done.
Catherine  Mustread
The journals sof a troubled 15-year-old who lives with his father and emotionally and physically abusive stepmother and her children after the death of his own mother years ago. He runs away from Tempe, AZ to Wheeling WV where he had lived when his mother was alive.
Kath
This is an amazing book--I definitely recommend it. It made me think of how little I know about what actually goes on in a student's life outside of the school. This is a must-read.
Taryn
One of my summer school students recommended this book. It is really bizarre. Cleverly written, but it got a little creepy for me about 3/4 of the way in.
Briahna16
This book was such a freaking page turner! I recently saw someone reading it,and they didn't understand it, and I was like "you're not really READING it!"
Gianny
It made me think of myself in a way. I couldn't understand it, but then I could. Ironic yet contradicting. I want to read it again.
Melissa
I read this book years ago and it has stuck with me since then. A challenging and great read. Loved it then and love it now.
Julia Van, yo!
One of my absolute favorite books. Underrated, disturbing, and extremely touching. People need to read this.
  FlyWithMe * a y a n n a *
This book was really good in all its confusion. Totally made me cry :')
Beth
Julian's teacher encourages him to read The Outsiders. That's good advice.
Kim
I love this book.
Jan 20, 2015
Amy Nicole
Amy Nicole marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Nov 06, 2014
Riley
Riley marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Carson Oz
Carson Oz is currently reading it
Dec 22, 2014
Jaredh
Jaredh marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Hayley
Hayley added it
Jan 05, 2015
Oct 21, 2014
Liz Janet
Liz Janet marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Mercy on These Teenage Chimps
  • The Adventures of Blue Avenger (Blue Avenger, #1)
  • Finding Lubchenko (Lubchenko, #1)
  • Stolen Voices: Young People's War Diaries, from World War I to Iraq
  • Origami Handbook
  • The Good Daughter
  • Losing It
  • Treacherous Love: The Diary of an Anonymous Teenager
  • It Is What It Is (So For Real, #2)
  • Mr. Thundermug: A Novel
  • Bucking the Sarge
Bodies from the Ice: Melting Glaciers and the Recovery of the Past Bodies From the Ash: Life and Death in Ancient Pompeii (Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 (Awards)) Faces from the Past: Forgotten People of North America Very Real Ghost Book of Christina Rose Bodies from the Bog