Start by marking “3 NBs of Julian Drew” as Want to Read:
3 NBs of Julian Drew

3 NBs of Julian Drew

Julian Drew “lives” with his father, his abusive stepmother and her children, but it’s not a life anyone would want. He buys his first NB on October 25 at Osco Drug in Tucson. Green spiral. 80 pages. 34 lines per page. He tries to write but his pen won’t cooperate. Then he develops a secret code. Mysterious notebooks record his fight for survival and recovery. Gripping and ...more
Published June 7th 2004 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about 3 NBs of Julian Drew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 3 NBs of Julian Drew

Viridiana Ruiz
Sep 29, 2015 Viridiana Ruiz rated it it was amazing
Este libro habia estado en mi librero por 7 años, lo habia intentado leer con anterioridad pero por el "lenguaje" en que esta escrito no pasaba de las primeras 4 paginas. Hoy me decidi a leerlo, es el mejor libro que leido estos ultimos meses! why didn't I read it before!
vaugnfreech
Mar 24, 2013 vaugnfreech rated it really liked it
I found a copy somewhere a long time ago but didn’t buy because I dunno. And then I found this list of must reads for young adults and saw The 3NBs of Julian Drew in it. So when I found a copy again at Booksale, I bought it this time.

The 3NBs of Julian Drew is the story of this boy Julian Drew who is uber abused by his step mother, and well, his father at the same time. After his mother’s death, everything changed. Starved, caged, lambasted, tortured…oh well, lotsa bad things that can make me v
Rebecca
Jan 18, 2015 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2015-wrap-up
This was a favorite of mine during middle school, and that hasn't changed.

You start with a boy trying to write his story, but it only comes out in a special code. You find out later what everything means. It takes time, and by halfway through you pretty much know what all the special codes and abbreviations stand for. I remember when I first figured it out. I stopped halfway through the book, and started again at the beginning, now knowing everything he was trying to say.

Ok, now this is going
Sammantha
Apr 07, 2011 Sammantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was, in a word, fabulous! I was a bit confused in the beginning with all the "codes", but after a while I found it enhanced the story's authenticity and made me feel as if Julian was a real, breathing person (and maybe somewhere he is).

This story of a teenage boy in search of his past and identity had me itching to read more after I had put it down for only a minute. There is, literally, never a dull moment!

Mixed in with the exceptional dialect of this troubled 15-year old are wonderfu
Matthew
Oct 15, 2010 Matthew rated it liked it
This was a decent book. Strait and to the point, there is a kid that lives with his parents and four siblings. He is stuck living in the basement will his siblings live a peaceful life almost. His mom will give him old food or little to none food while his siblings get whatever they want. While he is in his room which is all plain and a couple of things he hides his note book and he writes in code. He writes in code so his parents couldn't read it. The story goes on and he finds a teacher that c ...more
Jasmyne
Oct 21, 2014 Jasmyne rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book. Not as good as I thought it would be. I put the book down a few times but I kept reading. Part of the book is written in code. The code is actually fairly easy to figure out. Maybe not for everyone, but I already knew the code before I read the book. Overall, I liked the book.
Melissa Hernandez
Sep 10, 2013 Melissa Hernandez rated it really liked it
You know that feeling when you have so many thoughts and feelings running around in your head that you just have to write them down? Except sometimes, they are so overwhelming that you don't know where to start. Julian knows the feeling, and this book takes you on the rollar coaster ride of his thoughts as he himself figures out how to put them into words. Very well done.
Catherine  Mustread
Jul 01, 2009 Catherine Mustread rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
The journals sof a troubled 15-year-old who lives with his father and emotionally and physically abusive stepmother and her children after the death of his own mother years ago. He runs away from Tempe, AZ to Wheeling WV where he had lived when his mother was alive.
isa
Jan 07, 2016 isa rated it it was amazing
read this in like fifth grade and it still comes back to me all the time. i need a copy of my own, honestly. i wouldn't recommend it if you're disturbed by stories about abuse, but it still haunts me in college. absolutely magnificent.
Julia Van, yo!
Aug 28, 2012 Julia Van, yo! rated it it was amazing
One of my absolute favorite books. Underrated, disturbing, and extremely touching. People need to read this.
  FlyWithMe * a y a n n a *
This book was really good in all its confusion. Totally made me cry :')
Taryn
Jun 28, 2009 Taryn rated it it was ok
One of my summer school students recommended this book. It is really bizarre. Cleverly written, but it got a little creepy for me about 3/4 of the way in.
Shanice
Sep 11, 2016 Shanice rated it liked it
It was good! Really different from the books I usually read.
Kath
Jul 04, 2010 Kath rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book--I definitely recommend it. It made me think of how little I know about what actually goes on in a student's life outside of the school. This is a must-read.
Gianny
Jul 07, 2012 Gianny rated it really liked it
It made me think of myself in a way. I couldn't understand it, but then I could. Ironic yet contradicting. I want to read it again.
Nilsa
Nov 16, 2009 Nilsa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
so far so good
Melissa
Nov 30, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I read this book years ago and it has stuck with me since then. A challenging and great read. Loved it then and love it now.
Briahna16
Jan 19, 2008 Briahna16 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a freaking page turner! I recently saw someone reading it,and they didn't understand it, and I was like "you're not really READING it!"
Beth
Jan 03, 2010 Beth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young_adult
Julian's teacher encourages him to read The Outsiders. That's good advice.
Hello
Hello rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Jannaface
Jannaface rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2008
Lucyga
Lucyga rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2009
Manny
Manny rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2013
Edgar Antuna
Edgar Antuna rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2015
Tori Burgamy
Tori Burgamy rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2011
Casandra
Casandra rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Adventures of Blue Avenger (Blue Avenger, #1)
  • Mercy on These Teenage Chimps
  • Stolen Voices: Young People's War Diaries, from World War I to Iraq
  • Finding Lubchenko (Lubchenko, #1)
  • A Prairie as Wide as the Sea: The Immigrant Diary of Ivy Weatherall (Dear Canada)
  • An Earthly Knight
  • Undercurrents
  • Merriam-Webster's French-English Dictionary
  • Mr. Thundermug
  • Fable: the Balverine Order
  • Have You Seen Ally Queen?
  • Elizabeth: Next Stop, Jr. High (Sweet Valley Twins Diaries #1)
  • The Trade