Start by marking “Something To Read On The Plane” as Want to Read:
Something To Read On The Plane

Something To Read On The Plane

And for your in-flight entertainment - A Bit of Light Literature, Short Stories & Other Fun Stuff. It's a light-hearted variety of humorous articles, short stories ranging from hypochondria to murder, plus a quiz, agony aunt column, limericks and a collection of malapropisms to keep you amused and divert you from the tedium of flying. "This muesli must be old. It's got ...more
Published February 17th 2014 by Writers Circle Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Something To Read On The Plane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something To Read On The Plane

Karl Wiggins
Apr 12, 2015 Karl Wiggins rated it it was amazing
There is a new genre of book that is growing in popularity, and that is – for want of a better word – the blog-style genre. Short, humorous anecdotes from raconteurs such as Jan Hurst-Nicholson.

Okay, so we started on clay tablets, moving onto papyrus and later wax tablets and parchment, but over the last 200 years when books began to pour off European printing presses adventure fiction has been the most popular genre. Nowadays, however, there are countless categories an author can slot her / his
VLynch
Nov 14, 2010 VLynch rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, first-read
I recieved this book free in a giveaway, and I am so thrilled. But, I hope Jan Hurst-Nicholson does not mind, but for my house we need to change the title of this book to "Something to read in the bathroom". We do not travel, and so I put this book in the bathroom and I have to say this book is very entertaining. It's so entertaining I have found myself outside my bathroom door doing the "potty dance" banging on the bathroom telling my husband to "hurry up!". He comes out laughing and says its ...more
Nicole
Nov 16, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, first-reads, 2010
Something to Read on the Plane is quite literally, something to read on the plane... and I did just that (well, technically I read it in the airport waiting for a plane, but the timing was pretty awesome). This is basically a collection of short stories on various topics that didn't necessarily mesh together, but they were all pretty short, easy to read and captivating enough to be able to read them, without interruptions, on the plane. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking ...more
Kristina
Nov 12, 2010 Kristina rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this!! It is the perfect size - can fit into any handbag or even pocket! And the stories are just delightful....just what is needed to ease some airplane tension!! This would be a great stocking stuffer for anyone who travels!!! You don't even need to be a traveler to enjoy this--it's a pick-me-up for anyone!!
Nikki Litkowich
Jul 07, 2011 Nikki Litkowich rated it really liked it
With its short stories and fun activities this book is great for any type of travel. It was amusing and made the 8-hour car ride pass by in a flash!
Lil Jen
Jul 10, 2013 Lil Jen rated it really liked it
Quick funny read to entertain on a 6 hour flight.
Shelley Olivier
Sep 25, 2010 Shelley Olivier rated it it was amazing
What an interesting read, just love all the characters. Perfect for those short spells.
Simon
Sep 21, 2016 Simon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quirky book of very short stories which are humorous and, on occasion, moving. I didn't read it on the plane or in the bathroom but it would work well in either location.
Karen (Kew)
In the introduction, the author likens this to a magazine and this well describes the style of this kindlebook. It contains short reads which are sometimes funny and sometimes contain a twist to the tale. The title describes it very well - this is just right for reading on a journey, something that you can pick up and put down. If you have read But Can You Drink The Water? you will recognise three of the tales.
T.m. Bilderback
Jun 26, 2015 T.m. Bilderback rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very funny

I gave this collection of humor five stars. I started chuckling from the first page, and laughed my way through the rest of the vignettes. The ant battle is hilarious! Highly recommended!
Bonnie Rock Jewell
Feb 01, 2011 Bonnie Rock Jewell rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one. Absolutely no one.
Recommended to Bonnie by: Interesting Title.
WTF!? This book dosn't even deserve a star. What did I just spend the last hour reading about? The author of this book owes me my money back.

Layla
Dec 02, 2010 Layla rated it did not like it
Not my humour and I wasn't able to finish it. However senses of humour vary and it may tickle someone else.
Jolene
Jolene rated it it was ok
May 27, 2011
Chandreyee
Chandreyee rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Jayne
Jayne rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
rainyfeathers
rainyfeathers rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2011
Hal
Oct 28, 2014 Hal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Short review --- not funny!
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was ok
May 16, 2014
Nimbus
Nimbus rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2011
Terrie Echols
Terrie Echols rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Craig Brewster
Craig Brewster rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Kylie
Kylie rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2014
Jay-me (Janet)
Jay-me (Janet) rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2012
Lynda Elkin
Lynda Elkin rated it liked it
May 13, 2012
Kuda
Kuda rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Fred Stuart
Fred Stuart rated it it was ok
Sep 30, 2014
Kirsty
Kirsty rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Michelle Murray
Michelle Murray rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2014
Mariana Harriague
Mariana Harriague rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Mickey
Jun 05, 2015 Mickey rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
this was a mildly amusing little volume, but not worth the $13 I paid Amazon for it.
« previous 1 3 next »
3321900
Jan Hurst-Nicholson has been writing for about 25 years. Her articles, humorous articles and short stories have appeared in South African and overseas magazines and these were compiled into a book: ‘Something to Read on the Plane’ a bit of light literature, short stories & other fun stuff.

Her first children’s book was ‘Leon Chameleon PI and the case of the missing canary eggs’ published by Ge
More about Jan Hurst-Nicholson...