Start by marking “Introduction to Psychology [with Infotrac]” as Want to Read:
Introduction to Psychology [with Infotrac]

Introduction to Psychology [with Infotrac]

There is simply no other textbook as effective in getting students excited about and involved with psychology as Plotnik's exceptional text. Using his hallmark "multimedia on the printed page" approach, Rod Plotnik makes the concepts of psychology come to life! Plotnik's book is far more than just a good read and a compelling presentation--it is also a book written by a te ...more
Published July 10th 2001 by Wadsworth Publishing Company (first published January 1st 1986)

enitsirK
Dec 25, 2008 enitsirK rated it it was amazing
I got it for my Psychology class, but I particularly liked how the material was written--not your typical dry textbook (unless of course if you hate Psychology), which is why I kept the book rather than sell it back at the end of the semester. There are quite a lot of interesting things to be learned from it. I would say this is a 4.5 out of 5.
Maya
May 23, 2013 Maya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
Read this for a psychology class and it was very easy and very informative.
Denis Sidorenko
Feb 27, 2017 Denis Sidorenko rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Total rubbish.
I tried to find an alternative to Gleitman textbook which seems too academic to me.
I've read a chapter on a subject I already familiar with and it's like snaps taken from googling on the subject.
Ludmilla
Jan 03, 2015 Ludmilla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psikolojiye ilgi duyuyorsanız, kavram ve konuları öğrenmenizde başlangıç için ideal bir kitap. Örnek iki olayla başlayıp konuları bunun üzerinden anlatıyor, bol sayıda vaka/araştırma sunuyor, farklı kültürlere de değiniyor. Ancak daha ilerisi için yeterli değil, bazı kavramlar üstünkörü açıklanmış, bazı konular kısa kesilmiş. İlk adım için okuyabilirsiniz. İkinci adım için Atkinson & Hilgard'ın Psikolojiye Giriş'ini öneririm. (Zimbardo'yu henüz bitiremedim, o nedenle sıralamaya katamıyorum. ...more
Jennah
I had to get this book for my "General Psychology" class. We used it for quizzes, exams, discussion posts, journals and a paper. It was a great book if you love psychology (which I don't) and are majoring in it. I am only giving this book a 5 star because it was great for that class.
Melissa Brogan
Jul 16, 2011 Melissa Brogan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
About half-way through the term. Book is appalling so far, and I can't imagine it gets much better. Either way, I must slog through to the end.

Update: second half of the textbook is not as awful, but not worth upgrading my rating from one star, either.
Bianca Dee
Jan 06, 2013 Bianca Dee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best Psychology book ever!!! I became interested in Psychology because of this book. It's very informative as well as entertaining. And who would have thought Psychology is a boring subject?!
Petrina
Jan 21, 2016 Petrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
still reading nice so far
Alyssa
Jul 11, 2014 Alyssa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gjbjih
Brandon Rooney
Ah yes, critical to pass the course. An interesting, easy-to-grab-the-concept type of book.
Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Boss W.
Boss W. rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2013
Wynne
Wynne rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Seyma
Seyma rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2011
Elvie Mae
Elvie Mae rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
Jacob Smith
Jacob Smith rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2015
Joel King
Joel King rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
Piglet
Piglet rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Jemar Jed
Jemar Jed rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2012
Jessie Goodrich
Jessie Goodrich rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Meg Nguyen
Meg Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2017
alena
alena rated it did not like it
Dec 26, 2013
Roger Bailey
Roger Bailey rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2014
Martin
Martin rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2012
Amn Zcria
Amn Zcria rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2017
Aya
Aya rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2013
Mark Downie
Mark Downie rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • നാസ്തികനായ ദൈവം | Nasthikanaya Daivam
  • Genreflecting: A Guide to Popular Reading Interests (Genreflecting Advisory Series)
  • Business Communication: Process and Product
  • The Norton Introduction to Literature
  • Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy
  • Lacan for Beginners
  • Tarot for Dummies
  • The Crimes of Jack The Ripper
  • Psychological Science
  • The Buddha and His Dhamma: A Critical Edition
  • Sex For Dummies (Miniature Editions)
  • Developmental Psychology: A Life-Span Approach
  • The Complete Beatles Chronicle
  • Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods)
  • Holy Kural - Thirukkural in Tamil with English Translations