Start by marking “Cooking at The Merchant House” as Want to Read:
Cooking at The Merchant House

Cooking at The Merchant House

Cooking at the Merchant House shows how exciting home cooking can be. All the recipes can be made in an ordinary kitchen. Village life and the practicalities of running a restaurant provide a backdrop for this collection of recipes.
Hardcover, First edition, 192 pages
Published October 1st 2000 by Conran Octopus (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Cooking at The Merchant House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking at The Merchant House

^
Feb 04, 2015 ^ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those who love to cook (and want to do so even better)
I do like this book. Shaun Hill is inventive, talented, and his recipes work; though I still haven’t quite summed up the courage to ‘shell out’ (buy) a fresh lobster.

However, with respect to photography, I classify this as just bordering on the acceptable. I want text in a cookery book to be supplemented only with photography/illustrations which help me to achieve the end result. I do NOT want to buy wasted space; ‘arty’ and full page photos, photos of building interiors, books on bookshelves, e
Carol
Jan 29, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
I went to a Master class Shun Hill gave at the Abergavenny Food Festival. He was so honest and his energy so calming. His restaurant, The Walnut Tree is ine of my faves.
Lard Greenhalgh
Lard Greenhalgh rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
May 21, 2012
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Ken Brown
Ken Brown rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2016