Start by marking “A Stranger's Touch ” as Want to Read:
A Stranger's Touch

A Stranger's Touch

Male prostitute, Red, is given an assignment by his pimp and lover, Robbie, with a very unusual client. Red meets the stranger in a darkened house in London and, during their sessions, he learns more than he ever knew about lust, love and his own personal history.

How will his curious and life-enhancing encounters with the stranger affect his relationship with Robbie and hi

ebook
Published January 24th 2010 by Amber Allure (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Stranger's Touch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Stranger's Touch

Nancy
Nov 08, 2016 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nancy by: Anne Brooke
Posted at Hearts on Fire Reviews

Red is a whore who enjoys his work. His pimp, Robbie, arranged for him to meet a client in a dark and empty house. Red is apprehensive, but he trusts Robbie and is accustomed to doing what he’s told to do.

In three encounters, always under a shroud of darkness, this most unusual client uses the healing power of his hands and his words to help Red confront his sex addiction, his troubled history, and his need for love and self-acceptance.

Red’s gradual changes affe
Jenre
Jan 23, 2010 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
This short story begins with Red, a male prostitute, being sent by his pimp, Robbie, to an abandoned house. It’s dark and Red can see very little as he sits in a chair and waits for the client. When the client makes his presence known (but not his face), Red is surprised to discover that the man is more concerned about Red’s needs than his own. Over the course of three encounters Red is forced to face up to his life and learn to control his own destiny.

There are two themes running through this s
Tully Vincent
Apr 01, 2015 Tully Vincent rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
Moody, almost lyrical, writing. This short left some of its mysteries unanswered, and I feel that was on purpose. Overall, I'd call this thought provoking. For me, it felt full of hope and promise. Learning to have unapologetic acceptance of ourself as we are, so we can share what we have to offer as a unique individual with others.
Kazza
Aug 12, 2013 Kazza rated it really liked it
Wasn't this an interesting story. I think pretty much every reader will take something different away from it. I'm just expressing my feelings on the book.

This is what I felt - that there was a loving, non-judgemental entity here, in this little ebook - I don't know any other way to describe my gut-feel interpretation - that gave Red, the MC, permission, the freedom to like who he is. That he could embrace his past, he could embrace the present, and he could embrace what he did and who he was f
Briarwolf  Baby
Dec 06, 2015 Briarwolf Baby rated it really liked it
This was short but powerful. It was also very different from what I was expecting. There was sex, yeah, but that wasn't what it was about. It was more about acceptance, what it means to live, and what it means to be saved. I just wish there had been more detail and character formation. I recommend reading it.
Ami
Mar 06, 2010 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
This is a weird and sort of eeries short story. Like something out of the body experience. Nicely written though
Elena
Oct 12, 2016 Elena rated it liked it
Recommends it for: strange reads fans
What a weird short story!!! I don't even know how I should rate or review it.

It was lyrical and poetic, it read like some Magic Realism work, but so raw and unvarnished at the same time...

I don't even know if it counts as an HEA or not...
Diane
Jan 28, 2010 Diane rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
This a good read if you are looking for a peculiar (and I mean that in a good way) short story about a man learning to be at peace with who he is and what he wants out of life. The story has a dream-like quality to it that I found original. It is sweet, erotic but also a little unsettling. At 30 pages, it is worth a quick peek.
Karin Wollina
Jan 21, 2010 Karin Wollina rated it it was amazing
that is another beautiful and very poetic story. Can`t wait for the next stories ! (And the cover is great as well !) ...more
Kassandra
Jul 08, 2012 Kassandra rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-or-gay-lit
A short read packed with an emotional punch. The questions that arose for me were 1)Are we really happy within ourselves? and 2)Can we be happier?

Take a chance.
Lene
Oct 10, 2016 Lene rated it it was ok
MM mystery.
Emily Moore
Aug 19, 2011 Emily Moore rated it liked it

This is a short story with wonderful writing that you most definitely have to look below the surface to understand. I have my own personal understanding of the story, but whether that's what other people will see or what the author meant for readers to see, I can't say for sure. I have to admit that I had to read this story more than once. After my first reading I was slightly confused and unsure about what I'd just read, but luckily I liked the story enou
Kassa
Jan 28, 2010 Kassa rated it liked it
I found this short story to be very interesting and purposefully obtuse. Due to this, my interpretation of the story may not be the one the author had in mind or even intended. Other reviewers may read the story and come up with a completely different idea of what happened and what it meant as well. So that makes this review, perhaps even more so than others, pure speculation and opinion on what I read. I’d urge readers to simply pick this up and see what they think of it.

The premise is very si
Anncleire
Aug 08, 2011 Anncleire rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-stuff, m-m
Red è un prostituto con una serie di problemi che si porta dietro incapace di lasciarsi andare davvero. Il suo lavoro è tutta una questione di soddisfare i suoi bisogni, godere del sesso in fretta e senza crederci davvero. E' per questo che lo Stranger, lo sconosciuto, decide di dargli una mano. Solo con il suo tocco sulla testa. Una serie di carezze nei punti giusti che lo porteranno a confrontarsi con le sue mancanze e con il suo passato, uscendone purificato.

La storia sembra leggera in realtà
Melissa
Jul 12, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing
A Stranger’s Touch

By Anne Brooke

In this short story, Anne Brooke promise heat, and heat is what you get, along with some very interesting self discovery.

Red is a male prostitute, he likes sex and is not ashamed to admit it. He loves his pimp who might be a little rough with him, but nothing he doesn’t like and he has never lied to him about any of the jobs he has sent him out on; can’t say that about too many of the pimps out here.

For three weeks Red is sent to a stranger, he doesn’t know any na
Aredhel
Mar 26, 2010 Aredhel rated it really liked it
It's just beautiful! The language filled with lovely epithets and bright comparisons can't leave you emotionless. And it was so vivid! I felt like it was a movie before my eyes.
As a rule, I don't like short stories, because they leave me with a feeling of incompleteness, but "A stranger's tough" is something quite different. I liked it for its shortness (besides all other things), because this was just the way it was supposed to be. I mean it was just the beginning of a new life and the beginnin
Sara Bell
Feb 09, 2010 Sara Bell rated it really liked it
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

Damn, where are those half stars when you need them! I rounded up to 4 stars because the writing merited it but the story itself left me going... HMMMMMM! I think a re-read is warranted once I've let the story percolate then settle in my brain for a bit.
Carolyn88
Apr 06, 2010 Carolyn88 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
This was a really weird book. I can't tell if I like it or hate it. It was a very, very short book. The main character came away being a better person than when he started. It just was not long enough. You did not have enough time to get into each character. Too much was left undone.
Betryal
Jan 22, 2010 Betryal rated it liked it
Awright, I'll say this story left me confused. Maybe it's just me but I was left feeling this way. I didn't get it or maybe I needed to be in a certain frame of mind? It wasn't what I expected and it threw me for a loop. Well written, but this story didn't quite catch my drift.
Erica
Sep 22, 2013 Erica rated it really liked it
The writing, the language, and the imagery were all just lovely. The plot itself was intriguing, if a little contrived, almost like the only point of the spiritual story was an excuse to get to use the lovely prose. As good an excuse as any, I suppose.
Chris
Jun 26, 2010 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2010, owned, ebook
I have to confess that this m/m tale about a prostitute and a mysterious stranger who delves into his psyche mostly just confused me.
Gwengwel
That was creepy.
Definitively not for me.
Had the impression that the writer wanted to teach me something but I failed completely.
Meggie
Jul 28, 2011 Meggie rated it it was ok
I really didn't understand this short novella. The plot was weird. I couldn't grasp the meaning from this story, not fully, anyway. But for sure it was different kind of weirdness.
Hearts On Fire Reviews

Jess Candela
May 30, 2012 Jess Candela rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2010
2.5
Uh...? I don't get it. I enjoyed reading it, but I don't get it.
glossedcurls
glossedcurls rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2011
Natacha
Natacha rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2012
Xiomara
Xiomara rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2011
Deanna
Deanna rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Anne Brooke lives in Surrey, UK. She is a multi-published author in a variety of genres, including gay erotic romance, fantasy, comedy, thrillers, biblical fiction and the occasional chicklit novel. Her fiction has been shortlisted for the Harry Bowling Prize (for novels set in London) and the Royal Literary Fund Scheme.

When not writing, she spends time in the garden attempting to differentiate be
More about Anne Brooke...