Start by marking “Secrets of the Playboy's Bride (Silhouette Desire, No 2002)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Playboy's Bride (Silhouette Desire, No 2002)

Secrets of the Playboy's Bride (The Medici Men)

Success was one thing...acceptance, another. All his life, Leonardo Grant had yearned to be more than his rough beginnings had allowed. Now, after making millions, he believed marriage to the right woman could secure him the respect no amount of money could.When Leo spotted Calista French, he knew he'd found his foil. But their chance meeting had actually been carefully or ...more
Published March 16th 2010 by Silhouette Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Playboy's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of the Playboy's Bride

Andrea Guy
Apr 17, 2010 Andrea Guy rated it really liked it
This is the last of the books about the Medici Men, only the hero, Leo Grant doesn't know he's a Medici.

I still have to read the middle book in the series, but I have to say I really loved the brothers that Leanne created with this mini-series. They were strong, stubborn and even when they felt they were wronged, they still stood by their women.

I loved that it was Calista out for revenge for the death of her father after his finances crumbled due to a bad business dealing with Leo's "dad". Their
Donna Alward
Mar 14, 2011 Donna Alward rated it really liked it
Leanne Banks has taken a few risks with this book, namely in the heroine, Calista. She's kind of...mercenary in the beginning. I had a hard time warming up to her at first, knowing she was marrying Leo for revenge. This is a well-used hook and for a reason - it is immediate conflict and it can really set off fireworks. The difference? Well, I'm used to reading about high-powered men being the ones exacting revenge, AND I'm used to them not making any bones about it - the heroine is well aware of ...more
Jun 18, 2010 willaful rated it it was ok
I didn't care for the writing style of this book, which is far from subtle, but I was intrigued by the set-up. Calista is scheming to trap Leo into marriage, as compensation for his involvement in a con that destroyed her father. Leo is captivated by Calista's good breeding, because "in the back of his mind, Leo was always looking for the perfect woman to make him clean." (Like I said, subtle it is not.)

So we have a neat little revenge plot here, lots of opportunity for an dramatic, heartwrenchi
Sep 03, 2011 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: desire, romance
I will freely admit that I am more a fan of the Intrigue category than the others but there is only so many intrigue's you can read before you start to see bad guys lurking wherever you go and you realise it's time for a break from all that suspense. This perhaps was not the book I should have picked to read during my break from Intrigue. I found that characters completely unlikeable. The ending was ok with all the ends tied up nicely but I just couldn't really get into this book.
Francesca Morelli
Feb 08, 2015 Francesca Morelli rated it did not like it
Shelves: harmony
E' praticamente il terzo libro di questa saga dei Medici, secondo mè l'autrice
non si è resa conto che aveva sbagliato col primo e ha continuato a sbagliare con gli altri.
Praticamente sono stati fatti tutti con lo stesso stampino, cambiano solo i nomi
dei protagonisti.
All'inizio il libro mi piaceva, era iniziato con qualcosa di particolare,
Lei si voleva vendicare di Lui per la rovina finanziaria e della rottura della sua
famiglia ad opera del padre adottivo di lui.
Ero lì a pregustare il seguito qu

Lovely, Fast paced, quick read.

Hero and Heroin both weren't dramatic over the other decit's.
Kaycee Sapinoso
2 Stars!

I enjoy this author's work, but this book completely fell flat for me. There are over-the-top unnecessary drama and characters that were their own enemies. I don't believe that the hero and the heroine loved each other. In fact, by 60% I was so frustrated that I almost put the book down for good. I guess my curiosity to see how the brothers will be united and how things would end was what kept me going.
Sep 09, 2016 Bookabulary rated it liked it
This was an okay read although it can easily tip to a not-so-good one. I just did not enjoy the start--I felt it was too light or flimsy to provide a good base for the rest of the story. But I guess it slowly saved itself approaching the end of the book. It was a satisfactory conclusion to this series.
Aug 29, 2014 Vera rated it it was amazing
Leonardo and Calista each had hidden reasons for their marriage, but find that real love creeps in.

Bedroom scenes become a little racy at times. But guess that is why it's a Sllhouette Desire Book.
Aug 02, 2010 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
This was the best in the series. I didn't like that Calista started their relationship with a lie but at the same time I liked her so much that I quickly forgot that she had until Leo caught her in it.
Ashley added it
Oct 20, 2016
Maria Proctor
Maria Proctor marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2016
Daria added it
Sep 25, 2016
Tricia Kingston
Tricia Kingston marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Kasi Kent
Kasi Kent marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Anna rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2016
P marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Eva marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Polgara Raven
Polgara Raven marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Valeska Martinez
Valeska Martinez marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Liz rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Sarah Maxfield
Sarah Maxfield marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Theresa Currie
Theresa Currie marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Jamie rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Tycoon Takes a Wife (The Landis Brothers, #4)
  • Dante's Ultimate Gamble (The Dante Legacy, #5)
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover, #3)
  • Cinderella & the CEO (Kings of California, #8)
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • The CEO's Accidental Bride
  • Falling for His Proper Mistress (Dynasties: The Jarrods #2)
  • Money Man's Fiancee Negotiation (Kings of the Boardroom #4)
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
  • The Moretti Heir (Moretti's Legacy, #1)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancée (The Takeover, #4)
  • Bargaining for Baby (Billionaires and Babies, #9)
  • Married to His Business
  • Wedding His Takeover Target (Dynasties: The Jarrods #5)
  • The Tycoon's Temporary Baby (Billionaires and Babies, #17)
  • Taming Her Billionaire Boss (Dynasties: The Jarrods #4)
  • The Secretary's Bossman Bargain
  • One Night with Prince Charming (Aristocratic Grooms, #2)
Leanne Banks was born on 14 May 1959 in Roanoke, Virginia, USA. She holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology, which she claims she can only use on fictional characters. When her first book was published in 1991, she used the money from her advance to take her family to Disney World.

Leanne is known for telling a story with strong emotion, characters with whom everyone can relate, a kick of hot sensua
More about Leanne Banks...

The Medici Men (4 books)
  • Billionaire Extraordinaire (The Billionaires Club #3)
  • From Playboy to Papa! (Silhouette Desire, #1987) (Man of the Month)
  • The Playboy's Proposition