Start by marking “Match Made In Court” as Want to Read:
Match Made In Court

Match Made In Court

Matt Laughlin will do anything for his six-year-old niece. Hanna is his only relative, and he knows he can help her deal with their recent tragedy.Getting custody of her, however, means challenging her aunt, Linnea Sorenson--a woman far more enticing than he remembers. This attraction makes it all too easy for him to consider dropping his bid for guardianship...something h ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Superromance, 248 pages
Published March 16th 2010 by Harlequin Books (first published March 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Match Made In Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Match Made In Court

Lyuda
Jun 13, 2015 Lyuda rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This is my second book by the author and it left me wanting to read more of her stories. The book is full of realism, very nicely drawn characters and engaging writing. I am frankly surprised that the author is not known more widely (or maybe it's just me discovering her romances recently).The start of the story could be ripped from a headline: angry husband is accused of murdering his wife in a heat of an argument. The tragedy left the couple's six years old daughter temporary at the home of th ...more
Josephine
Nov 15, 2015 Josephine added it
Shelves: dnf
Liked the premise but the execution didn't work for me. Linnea was a bit of a Mary Sue and really irritating, especially when she asked five times if her sister-in-law was really dead. Also, her name kept making me think of tinea, and you don't really want a heroine to make you think of a fungal disease. I didn't think much of Matt as a hero, either. I skimmed ahead and nothing really gained my attention to continue. The ending was sweet.
Agnes Ross
Mar 18, 2015 Agnes Ross rated it really liked it
Maybe people will think I'm lowering myself to rate a Harlequin romance so highly. But I think people who work in libraries are kind of snobs about them. I'd forgotten how many I've read, and how much I've liked them! Simple, uncomplicated...but sometimes with a depth of understanding and insight!
Emily
Have been working my way through the Janice Kay Johnson back catalogue. This is my new favorite JKJ. Ugh. Had to put down the book a few times because I was crying so much I couldn't see the page. And to think: I'd put off reading it because the description didn't grab me as much as others. This is a keeper.
Patricia Solla
Jun 06, 2010 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Now this storyline is really good. The two main characters interact over taking care of their niece who's father has killed the mother. Great charcter development of the aunt and her family. The uncle is supposed to be the 'bad' guy in the picture but what develops is a fascinating love story.
Noah Murphy
Jul 24, 2011 Noah Murphy rated it liked it
I actually liked this. They guy was relatable, the woman was a pet sitter(which I also am besides an author) and the ending read like a romantic comedy. Feel good book all around. Only problem is little girl is simply a plot device.
Ana
Aug 26, 2010 Ana rated it really liked it
– What I good book! Johnson’s writing style is a little slower than most of the books I pick up but the characters are so vivid and the plotting is intricate enough to keep me turning the pages. Match Made in Court is a thoroughly good read. ~ Renee, www.ireadromance.com
Heather
Feb 09, 2011 Heather rated it it was ok
OK, so for what this is, it's not bad. Points for being well written. But kind of depressing. I like my fluff to be fluffier.
Samantha
Janice Kay Johnson has never disappointed me. I just love the pacing of her books and she really knows how to tug on the heartstrings.
Olanrewaju Olarinde
Dec 12, 2016 Olanrewaju Olarinde rated it liked it
Shelves: mine, romance
i really enjoyed this book. the hero and heroine fit well together. though the ending was predictable. heroine's low self esteem was the bane of their problem and the ending was funny.
Lindajean
Lindajean rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Brit
Brit rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2011
Diana Maria
Diana Maria rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2012
Melanie
Melanie rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2010
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2010
Johanna
Johanna rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2012
Fareeza
Fareeza rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Khothy
Khothy rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Ari
Ari rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Tirtsumann
Tirtsumann rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2011
Aqp
Aqp rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2013
Robin Eddy
Robin Eddy rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2013
Pebbletope
Pebbletope rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Jojo
Jojo rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2016
Connie
Connie rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2010
Olivia
Olivia rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Janice Kay Johnson is the author of sixty books for children and adults. Her first four published romance novels were coauthored with her mother, also a writer who has since published mysteries and children's books on her own. These were "sweet" romance novels, the author hastens to add; she isn't sure they'd have felt comfortable coauthoring passionate love scenes!

Janice graduated from Whitman Co
More about Janice Kay Johnson...