Start by marking “Public Affair, Secretly Expecting (Harlequin Presents #2906)” as Want to Read:
Public Affair, Secretly Expecting (Harlequin Presents #2906)

Public Affair, Secretly Expecting (Brody Brothers #2)

THE SHOP ASSISTANT AND THE SUPERSTAR ...

Mac Brody's Hollywood life is far removed from his turbulent youth --- and that's how he likes it. The legendary bad boy refuses to be judged by Juno Delamare for declining his brother's wedding invitation ...

... AND A SCORCHING L.A. AFFAIR!

But he can't get feisty Juno out of his head! So he goes to the wedding --- to strip away her
Published March 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published October 23rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Public Affair, Secretly Expecting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Public Affair, Secretly Expecting

Ridley
Really just too absurd to even bother reviewing seriously. All HPs are formulaic, but this one took it to extremes.

To begin with, the meet premise: Juno Delamare is at Heathrow airport attempting to ambush Hollywood superstar Mac Brody and make him accept an invite he already declined to his estranged brother's wedding in two weeks. Juno's BFF is the bride, and having the brothers reconcile is important to her, ergo it's important to Juno. 1. How does a shopgirl of no import get a hold of a mov
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am a total "groupie". I love stories about rockstars, moviestars...any stars!!!!

So not only is this book about a Hollywood actor but also written by one of my fav Mills & Boon/Harlequin authors...so how could I go wrong!!!

Heidi Rice's heroes are not just so fabulous but also sexy, dreamy, gorgeous and naturally alpha-male. Her heroines are sassy, interesting and full of fun.

So we have Mac Brody, the brooding Celtic Hollywood star who meets the cute Juno Delamare, shop assistant working at
willaful
Juno hopes to reunite her best friend’s fiance with his estranged brother, Hollywood star Mac Brody. But her efforts have unexpected consequences: Mac does reluctantly come to the wedding, but mainly to see her. Juno has cut herself off from men and relationships after a bad experience when she was sixteen, and Mac has some painful secrets of his own, but somehow they are drawn together.

For the first 3/4 of the story, this was a decent read. Mac is a category hero type that appeals to me: the ki
Paula Legate
Nov 16, 2013 Paula Legate rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-suspence
I really enjoyed this story. We have all heard of love at first sight, but what about chemistry at first sight? … Handsome actor Mac Brody, and shop girl Juno shared a hot and steamy kiss at the airport minutes after meeting one another. Sure Mac was trying to avoid paparazzi, so he kissed Juno to hide from the cameras. What he was not expecting is how that one kiss would make him feel. I loved the banter between Juno, and mac. I also enjoyed reading about Mac, and his brother Connor making up ...more
Baseballmom
Dec 12, 2014 Baseballmom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That's A Wrap......d;)

I liked this story. The h was strong and feisty, the H was a good guy. They treated each other well and you felt their romance bloom. I didn't really get the conflict between the brothers, or that it would last so long, but it didn't really take away from the story. On a side note; the author did a good job of convincing me that the H was Irish..... as I read the hero's dialogue, I heard his Irish accent. Quick easy and entertaining read.......d:)
Melissa Maxwell
Nov 19, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
I liked this book maybe not as much as others I have read by the author. Mac and Juno were lovely characters that kept me turning the pages. I loved that both had a past that was tragic but they grew from even though it still effected each of them greatly. The story progressed at a nice rate and ended with a great epilogue.
Tia
Sep 27, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
Read this in 2011.

The heroine went through quite and ordeal in her life and the hero didn't really help matter unfortunately. By the end of the novel it was better but it must of been terribly hard on the heroine.
Laura Kreitzer
Dec 19, 2012 Laura Kreitzer rated it liked it
Not normally the kind of book I would read, but the premise sounded interesting, so I took a chance. It was better than I thought. Something about a hunky hollywood star meets normal chick and falls in love just appeals to me and my fangirl fantasies. :P
Joy
Mar 27, 2011 Joy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
London shopgirl falls for a movie star with a traumatic past; he falls for her, knocks her up, you know the drill as this was previously a Harlequin Presents. Which I generally don't go for, but this was free and it wasn't too bad.
Shanelle
Sep 02, 2014 Shanelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun upbeat story.
Doris O'Connor
May 16, 2011 Doris O'Connor rated it it was amazing
This is still one of my favourites :-)
Ladyacct
Ladyacct rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2010
Loren Schyman
Loren Schyman rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2015
Wsj6865
Wsj6865 rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Shell C
Shell C rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2012
Tracy's Place
Tracy's Place rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2010
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2012
Daniella Real
Daniella Real rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Integgy
Integgy rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2011
Monique
Monique rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2015
K.C.
K.C. rated it did not like it
Apr 04, 2011
Loretta
Loretta rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Steph
Steph rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Elise
Elise rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Gaya3
Gaya3 rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2013
Eleni
Eleni rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2011
Oriana
Oriana rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • Playboy Boss, Pregnancy of Passion
  • Daffodils in Spring
  • The Society Wife
  • The Magnate's Indecent Proposal (Taken by the Millionaire,)
  • The Italian Duke's Virgin Mistress (Harlequin Presents, #2933)
  • Pleasured in the Playboy's Penthouse
  • Landing in Love (Born to Fly, #1)
  • Bought: Destitute Yet Defiant
  • The Greek's Forced Bride
  • Rafael's Suitable Bride
  • Italian Boss, Housekeeper Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2687)
  • The Greek's Royal Mistress (Princess Brides, #2)
  • Marriage: For Business or Pleasure?
  • Rampant
  • Hot Boss, Wicked Nights
  • The Sicilian's Innocent Mistress
My name's Heidi Rice, I'm a USA Today Bestselling author. I'm married with two teenage sons (which gives me rather too much of an insight into the male psyche!). I also work as a film journalist and I was born in Notting Hill in West London (before it became as chi-chi as it is in the film starring Hugh Grant!) and I now live in Islington in North London - a stone's throw away from where they shot ...more
More about Heidi Rice...